PDA

View Full Version : uh-oh... iHome races to Release Android Accessories; HTC One X Coming May 6

Mike Mercury
04-19-2012, 9:31am
iHome Debuts Android Accessories
iHome this week announced the debut of accessory products for Android tablets and smartphones.

The SmartDesign product line includes the iC50 Space Saver FM Stereo Alarm Clock Radio for Android Smartphones ($59.99, now available); the iC3 Portable Stand, Stereo Speaker and Charging Dock for Android Tablets and Smartphones ($39.99, now) and iC16 Portable Alarm Clock Stereo Speaker with USB Charging for Android Smartphones ($59.99, this summer.)

“The size of the worldwide Android audience and lack of current speaker options gives us a significant opportunity to introduce our products to a new group of consumers,” Evan Stein, Director of Marketing, iHome, said. “Our new SmartDesign products maintain the high quality and innovation that is synonymous with iHome.”
http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/towel-girl.jpg

HTC One X Coming May 6
HTC and AT&T will debut the One X smartphone on May 6. The device, which is exclusive to AT&T, features Android 4.0 and runs on AT&T's 4G LTE network.

The device, which also sports Beats by Dr. Dre built-in audio, also offers HTC Sense 4.

Preorders begin April 22 for the One X, which is will retail for $199.99.
http://i4.asntown.net/samsung_htc_android_phone_girl-ttsh.jpg

Mike Mercury
04-19-2012, 7:59pm
I just use the built in clock then set the alarm and plug-in the charger that came w/my phone. Why should I spend $$$ on that stuff? :shrug:

I'm with you on that. The only accessory I've ever purchased for my cell phones has been a drop-in charger. I hate having to plug in, and then un-plug a cord everytime to charge.

The crux of the news story -though- is that an aftermarket accessory mfgr (that sold exclusively to Apples product line) - now realizes that Android devices are in greater numbers; and no longer sees potential as an Apple "only" mfgr.

:cheers:

C5Nate
04-19-2012, 8:29pm
The crux of the news story -though- is that an aftermarket accessory mfgr (that sold exclusively to Apples product line) - now realizes that Android devices are in greater numbers; and no longer sees potential as an Apple "only" mfgr.

:cheers:

About friggen time.

Although Droids sell very well, everywhere you go you see "i" this and "i" that accessories. Even seen an iTP dispenser where your "i" device plugs into speakers that hold your toilet paper. :crazy:

onedef92
04-20-2012, 10:50am
More dripping, wet, Tech Slim goodness! :hurray: