PDA

View Full Version : This is why I hate drunk drivers and arrested everyone I could..

NCC-1701
04-18-2012, 5:06pm
Saw so many of these in my career.. I never let DUI's go.

Hit-and-run suspect held on $1M bond | News - Home (http://www.local10.com/news/Hit-and-run-suspect-held-on-1M-bond/-/1717324/10966026/-/3uk5f8/-/index.html)

69camfrk
04-18-2012, 5:15pm
He should go to prison.

NeedSpeed
04-18-2012, 5:23pm
$1,000,035

$35??

Norm
04-18-2012, 5:44pm
Don't give a rat's ass for any compassion (and there will be) for this asshole, throw away the f*ckin' key, never let him out, rot in jail.

HeatherO
04-18-2012, 7:14pm
ugh!!

MrPeabody
04-18-2012, 7:21pm
$35??

They'll waive the $35 if it's paid in Canadian money.

ft laud mike
04-18-2012, 7:22pm
Can we meet up at the Falcon to discuss our mutual displeasure with DD
J/K, and people wonder why I hate 99% of man kind, how canI be so "heartless" to those arrested?
see OP's story for your answer

mrvette
04-18-2012, 7:36pm
ONE glance that that little kid, looks like MY daughter except hair color, and like maybe 13 out of 14 of my wife's grand kids only ONE being a guy.....

I can't watch the vid, sorry.....

out back and shot, case closed.....

:sadangel::leaving:

NCC-1701
04-18-2012, 10:11pm
J/K, and people wonder why I hate 99% of man kind, how canI be so "heartless" to those arrested?

Anytime :seasix:

NeedSpeed
04-18-2012, 10:15pm

To be devil's advocate, I have no problem with DD arrests, it's all the ones that don't deserve it I have issue with.

On

:D

OddBall
04-18-2012, 10:23pm
Make him a crash test dummy.
If he lives, patch him up and send him back through again

ft laud mike
04-18-2012, 10:50pm
To be devil's advocate, I have no problem with DD arrests, it's all the ones that don't deserve it I have issue with.

On

:D

Not an issue really, I treat all the same..unless they give me a reason to treat them different (and that is exactly what I tell me staff as well). No reason for the flamesuit.. I am there to provide "care, custody & control" I don't judge I don't arrest, I proide anecessary function between arrest & trial... go along with the rules & you will never have a problem
:cert:

NeedSpeed
04-18-2012, 11:07pm
Not an issue really, I treat all the same..unless they give me a reason to treat them different (and that is exactly what I tell me staff as well). No reason for the flamesuit.. I am there to provide "care, custody & control" I don't judge I don't arrest, I proide anecessary function between arrest & trial... go along with the rules & you will never have a problem
:cert:

Thus the line.

An officer's job is to "guess" if someone is drunk (ie, judge). Setting the bar at .08 puts the odds in the officers hands. A couple drinks and the odds are in their favor, but by "humans" standards of drunk it's a bit different.

Now, it's often obvious if someone is impaired. But DUI is probably a bigger source of revenue than speeding. So anyone that's close is fair game.

And while I've had more than my fair share of good cops "judge" me fairly, their are plenty that don't. And it costs a lot of money to prove that.

That said, there is no perfect answer. But when the extreme views try to lay the law, my hair stands up. And I have a lot of hair :leaving:

Like abortion.

When it is it a life? At conception?

When are you drunk? At a sip?

Lets put them in the same room. Wait, drinking causes that....dammit.

Torqaholic
04-19-2012, 12:45am
That'd be like hating all women just because my wife turned into a lying/thieving sack of shit. I might not trust them anymore but I sure don't hate them.

Nearly everyone I've ever known has drank and drove. Some a lot more than others and I don't know a single person who ever killed anybody, not even with a car. I did it myself on a daily basis for 20 years without incident.

Fact is the piece of crap who killed this girl could have done the exact same thing if he had never drank a drop. Regardless if he was drinking or not he should have been executed on the spot. Instead the law makes up for not doing the right thing by destroying other innocent lives because something bad "might happen". Makes no damn sense at all.

Torqaholic
04-19-2012, 4:13am
It's really no big deal to me, I haven't done it in decades, and I'm not against regulating real drunks, just that zero tolerance idiocy. Found this local tidbit a few moments ago -

10:31 p.m. -- A deputy responded to East Freeland Road for a report of an intoxicated driver. The vehicle was stopped by Saginaw County authorities, and the driver was found to be elderly, not intoxicated.

Apparently this person couldn't drive any better than a drunk yet was allowed to proceed and not arrested. How can that be if dangerous driving is the problem you're trying to prevent by arresting people?

Sure seems like people are being oppressed because the excuse is conveniently acceptable to a society that has been brainwashed. If alcohol is only involved in 50% of accidents you might as well toss a coin, it tells us nothing about the potential danger. In fact drinking drivers are held at fault even if they didn't cause an accident and wouldn't have otherwise been held liable except that they were drinking. They could have been sleeping it off in the back seat of a parked car for all the law cares. How is placing blame on innocent people logical or just? It's not, it's just OK because people "hate" them.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-19-2012, 6:21am
I don't know a single person who ever killed anybody
I know a couple. One guy has been a very good friend of mine for many years. It fuked him up so bad he left the country and went to Australia. (After making restitution)

He got his shit together while he was there and married a local gal, had a slug of kids and moved everyone back to MN.

That was the end of all our drinking and driving. You put a bunch of Steamfitters together on a job welding pipe in a hot boiler room, "Hey let's stop" was a common occurrence.

NCC-1701
04-19-2012, 6:45am
Thus the line.

An officer's job is to "guess" if someone is drunk (ie, judge). Setting the bar at .08 puts the odds in the officers hands. A couple drinks and the odds are in their favor, but by "humans" standards of drunk it's a bit different.

Now, it's often obvious if someone is impaired. But DUI is probably a bigger source of revenue than speeding. So anyone that's close is fair game.

And while I've had more than my fair share of good cops "judge" me fairly, their are plenty that don't. And it costs a lot of money to prove that.

That said, there is no perfect answer. But when the extreme views try to lay the law, my hair stands up. And I have a lot of hair :leaving:

Like abortion.

When it is it a life? At conception?

When are you drunk? At a sip?

Lets put them in the same room. Wait, drinking causes that....dammit.

Police don't look for drop to the floor drunks they look for IMPAIRED drivers big difference. The rules were made by legislatures not the police if your state says .08 then .08 it is. No one guesses at a drunk your powers of observation, sense of smell, your listening techniques are all use to make a determination as to if someone is impaired beyond their NORMAL faculties. Then guess what the driver is offered the opportunity to take a breath test urine test or a blood test that evening to prove their not impaired, It's funny how none of my thousands of arrests for DUI have ever passed a blood, urine or breath tests that is pretty good guessing over the years I guess. If .08 is in the officers favor then one should not drink and drive beyond their normal faculties then they can piss off the cop by not being arrested for DUI and not being a source of revenue for the state. Last note if you come across a cop that wants to frame you for DUI then that will happen no matter what he should be fired and de-certified.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-19-2012, 6:48am
You've arrested THOUSANDS? THOUSANDS? Really? One a week for 30 years straight is 1560 arrests.

NCC-1701
04-19-2012, 6:50am
In South Florida I bet you on any given night the percentage of impaired drivers is 30% and on Fri, Sat, Sun it jumps to 40% or maybe even higher think about this even with all the arrests by agencies and the education money behind this and it can not be stopped.

NCC-1701
04-19-2012, 6:51am
You've arrested THOUSANDS? THOUSANDS? Really?

No exaggeration either.. I worked DUI and Traffic Homicide for a long time and when I retired I won a toaster oven...I'm being funny for those of you with no sense of humor...

Sea Six
04-19-2012, 6:52am
You've arrested THOUSANDS? THOUSANDS? Really? One a week for 30 years straight is 1560 arrests.

I demand a recount. Then, a recount for the recount.

Tis IS Florida. :hurray:

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-19-2012, 6:54am
I demand a recount. Then, a recount for the recount.

Tis IS Florida. :hurray:

Go git 'em Jeb Bush! :D