PDA

View Full Version : The Hampton Inn in Austin, TX is $500/a night

BuckyThreadkiller
04-17-2012, 9:51pm
And its the only Hilton property for 50 miles with rooms available on F1 Race Weekend in November. I bet it does't even have the continental breakfast and free internet

Guess I'll watch it on TV.

Tinkerbell in Texas
04-17-2012, 9:54pm
I'm still thinking that a motorhome on site will be the best bet.

Omega Man
04-17-2012, 9:55pm
Is there going to be any "Normal" tickets? NFW I am going to pay 1500-5000k for a ticket for the grandstands...do they have lawn seating and shit? I can't find any info other that the high $$$ reserved seating stuff.

I love F1 as much as anyone, but they might have to go play Hide and go fuk themselves....

Milton Fox
04-17-2012, 10:01pm
I actually thought the pit row grandstands would be more - 5k more, but the overall price is still pretty high. The current available tickets are for the entire season though right? The cheapest I did find was $375 for the bottom rows of turn 15!!!

Depending on how much forest they plant there should be some good hill sides available, but I am thinking about watching on TV as well. :thumbs:

SnowDale
04-17-2012, 10:03pm
I'm staying with some friends in Round Rock. It will be a drive, but it's better that paying $1k for a Motel 6 room.

I'm sure they will eventually sell some general admission seating. I just can't wait to see the price.

Entropy
04-17-2012, 10:09pm
Set up a tent in smearig's back yard.

Vette40th
04-17-2012, 10:10pm
Maybe the GSA can hook you up? But Hampton Inns arent that great. How about a bed and breakfast? Someone may even have a rental home?

Stangkiller
04-17-2012, 11:01pm
Maybe the GSA can hook you up? But Hampton Inns arent that great. How about a bed and breakfast? Someone may even have a rental home?

Yah try and get a b&b pricing that weekend, everything in the area has really jacked up their rates. And by in the area I'm talking an hour +drive.

Omega Man
04-17-2012, 11:03pm
Sounds like a motor home is the best plan. I am sure they wil figure out a way to fuk people on that also.

Vette40th
04-17-2012, 11:04pm
Yah try and get a b&b pricing that weekend, everything in the area has really jacked up their rates. And by in the area I'm talking an hour +drive.
Give it a shot, you never know.. Good Luck anyways

Joecooool
04-18-2012, 1:23am
Time to write a nasty letter to the Austin news paper about price gouging.

VetteBoy1979
04-18-2012, 6:16am
I still don't see where it lists ticket prices? Am I blind? :slap:

SnowDale
04-18-2012, 10:04am

Nope you aren't blind. They only tickets available are the high priced seats.

Stangkiller
04-18-2012, 10:09am

I'm beginning to think we're going to have to have an an F1 party here in Houston. :yesnod:

BTW did you see Houston's getting a Grand Prix again?

...Whitepower...
04-18-2012, 10:10am
And its the only Hilton property for 50 miles with rooms available on F1 Race Weekend in November. I bet it does't even have the continental breakfast and free internet

Guess I'll watch it on TV.

Why does it have to be a Hilton?:waiting:

Stangkiller
04-18-2012, 10:20am

We like skinny blonde skanks that put out. :yesnod:

Cybercowboy
04-18-2012, 10:31am
Time to write a nasty letter to the Austin news paper about price gouging.

Austin is a liberal city. Any "price gouging" done there is for the people's benefit. You'd think by now you'd understand the dynamic:

Liberals charge extra for something = for the people's benefit.

Anybody else does that = greedy capitalist scum, must be punished.

Bill
04-18-2012, 10:44am
If the F1 event is considered a natural disaster, then the price gouging would be illegal in Texas.

DJ_Critterus
04-18-2012, 10:46am
I'm staying with some friends in Round Rock. It will be a drive, but it's better that paying $1k for a Motel 6 room.

I'm sure they will eventually sell some general admission seating. I just can't wait to see the price.

I'm less than an hour north. Hit me up when you roll through there.

Stangkiller
04-18-2012, 10:47am
I'm less than an hour north. Hit me up when you roll through there.

So are you selling tent camp sites in your back yard?

DJ_Critterus
04-18-2012, 10:48am
So are you selling tent camp sites in your back yard?

Sure, but round rock is about an hour south, then ya gott go further to get to Austin.

onedef92
04-18-2012, 11:29am
Guess I won't be peepin' that joker out.... :leaving:

BuckyThreadkiller
04-18-2012, 11:37am

Doesn't. But Marriott also has nothing, nor Hyatt. I've spent enough of my life in Knights Inns, Motel 6 and Super 8s to not want to travel on my nickel and have to ask the roaches if I can come pee.

...Whitepower...
04-18-2012, 11:51am
Doesn't. But Marriott also has nothing, nor Hyatt. I've spent enough of my life in Knights Inns, Motel 6 and Super 8s to not want to travel on my nickel and have to ask the roaches if I can come pee.

Hotwire. You can go off of people that had stayed there in the past's ratings. I don't book anything unless it has a 85+% favorable rating from previous guests.

I stayed at a Westin Diplomat ($115) and the Tampa Intercontinental (Holiday Inn's lux brand - $90) by booking with through hotwire last week. Good luck trying to get that rate by going direct.

Milton Fox
05-02-2012, 11:15pm
There are some now for under $200.00 a day, but about two hours away!

BuckyThreadkiller
05-03-2012, 6:35am
The other thing I see happening is Austin traffic. It;s already as bad as anyplace in the state. TMS is bad and they have a serious Freeway infrastructure around the Speedway.

Austin has Farm to Markets that they think are going to handle more traffic? Even when the Horns pack 100,000 into DKR, a good percentage of those folks are either on campus or piling down 35. Is there anything being done to cover the masses trying to get there on 130?

Burnt C6
05-03-2012, 7:21am
Loop 130 around Austin isn't a bad road now that it is finished. I’ve been taking it around Austin for the past 6 weeks on my trips back and forth to Forth Worth from San Antonio. Getting off at the exit is going to cause major issues. when they finished 130 they specifically put exist north and south of the tracks location to help with getting there. From what's I'm reading there is very limited parking on site and Mass Transit will be the only way to get there without a parking pass. Now we all know some farmer will open up his field at $20 a pop for parking so you can walk 3 miles to the track. :confused5:

Kerrmudgeon
05-03-2012, 7:35am
F1 race = license to steal. :toetap:

DJ_Critterus
05-03-2012, 8:00am
I'm not fan of going to Austin when there aren't major events going on. Guess who'll be staying in Killeen?

Burnt C6
05-03-2012, 2:15pm
We are only a little over an Hour from the track. We have a quest room and for a few measley free $$$$$$$$$$$$$ the right person can have it. I told the Wife the PSL was 3K per seat and she said "tough shit get them. You waste more money than that on other crap all year long I want to go to the race I don't care what you spend."

Stangkiller
05-03-2012, 2:54pm
We are only a little over an Hour from the track. We have a quest room and for a few measley free $$$$$$$$$$$$$ the right person can have it. I told the Wife the PSL was 3K per seat and she said "tough shit get them. You waste more money than that on other crap all year long I want to go to the race I don't care what you spend."

Hmmmm oreally?

Burnt C6
05-03-2012, 3:28pm
Hmmmm oreally?

Dude you and Karen should make the trip the room is all yours if you want. besides you two need to come up way before that anyway.

Tinkerbell in Texas
05-04-2012, 7:58am

Go Mrs. Burnt C6!!!!! ;) :rofl:
We are still planning on a motor home at the track.

Utah997
05-04-2012, 8:17am
That would be a blast to go see....

Burnt C6
05-05-2012, 10:31am
Go Mrs. Burnt C6!!!!! ;) :rofl:
We are still planning on a motor home at the track.

sweet a good place for the women to go pee.

Milton Fox
05-06-2012, 7:56am
That would be a blast to go see....

...will the Camaro be ready by then (or did I miss the delivery thread :confused5:) and you can drop by on the way back home :seasix:

Bill
05-06-2012, 7:59am
...will the Camaro be ready by then (or did I miss the delivery thread :confused5:) and you can drop by on the way back home :seasix:

As long as you promise not to mix the old gas with the new gas, I don't see a problem.

carlton_fritz
05-06-2012, 8:09am
TV has the best views, worst audio and no ambiance.

VetteBoy1979
05-06-2012, 8:23am
Tink, I kind of like the idea of the motorhome at the track.

I'm still waiting for the poor people tickets to go on sale. :shots:

Milton Fox
05-06-2012, 8:26am
TV has the best views, worst audio and no ambiance.

...maybe the TV guys will also stay with a shot - that is pertinent to the on track activities as well.

carlton_fritz
05-06-2012, 8:29am
...maybe the TV guys will also stay with a shot - that is pertinent to the on track activities as well.
Maybe. But being in one spot on the track doesn't give you shot of all pertinent activities. While you are sitting in one spot, an accident can be happening out of sight for you.

69camfrk
05-06-2012, 8:36am
I'll let you stay in my camper in my driveway for free as long as you bring the Jim Beam!!:seasix:

Burnt C6
06-06-2012, 5:14pm
sitting in section T12-4 row 28

don't ask how much. :party:

C5Nate
06-06-2012, 5:24pm
Check the local Craigslist for private homes renting out rooms and entire homes.

Some are doing that around here for the All Star Game coming up in July.

OR

Rent an RV and stay in a RV park.

NEED-A-VETTE
06-06-2012, 6:16pm
Hotwire. You can go off of people that had stayed there in the past's ratings. I don't book anything unless it has a 85+% favorable rating from previous guests.

I stayed at a Westin Diplomat ($115) and the Tampa Intercontinental (Holiday Inn's lux brand - $90) by booking with through hotwire last week. Good luck trying to get that rate by going direct.

Totaly agree on checking out the ratings. I look at travelocity quite a lot to read the ratings of the hotels. I've stayed at hotels (based on ratings) that I would normally have passed over. Never had an issue, but I usually look for hotels with at least 50+ reviews.

For pricing, I generally check, m.hotels.com (mobile version of hotels.com has better deals sometimes...I have no idea why), bing travel and travelocity for prices.

Burnt C6
06-06-2012, 7:23pm
Check the local Craigslist for private homes renting out rooms and entire homes.

Some are doing that around here for the All Star Game coming up in July.

OR

Rent an RV and stay in a RV park.

I live 45 minutes away. will be taking public transportation to and from the race.

VatorMan
06-06-2012, 7:44pm
Do what I did-Make arrangements to go to the British GP. Can't wait !