PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent is my new hero!

Datawiz
04-17-2012, 2:34pm
I don't own a gun, but I love his committment!

msnbc.com Entertainment - Ted Nugent says he'll be 'dead or in jail' if Obama wins again (http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/17/11248594-ted-nugent-says-hell-be-dead-or-in-jail-if-obama-wins-again?lite)

Shrike6
04-17-2012, 2:43pm
Uncle Ted has always been a hero to me. The guy is a REAL environmentalist, and respects the Constitution. Going to a barbeque at Ted's place is on my bucket list.:shots:

Blademaker
04-17-2012, 2:47pm
A great American.......:seasix:

Skia
04-17-2012, 2:54pm
Sounds like from the article that the palace guard is gonna be making a visit to him.

Chris Fowler
04-17-2012, 3:02pm
I like Nugent's attitude, but his comment about being dead or jail next year is just as stupid as Alec Baldwin stating he was going to leave the country if Bush won again.

:rolleyes:

OddBall
04-17-2012, 3:07pm
I like Nugent's attitude, but his comment about being dead or jail next year is just as stupid as Alec Baldwin stating he was going to leave the country if Bush won again.

Have to agree. I think Cher was going too. Wish they had, but no such luck.

RedLS1GTO
04-17-2012, 3:18pm

Depends on if he backs it up (unlike http://girlinthepinkprius.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/1118574600alec_baldwin.jpg)

Bucwheat
04-17-2012, 4:02pm
Ted is one cool dude.:seasix:

snide
04-17-2012, 6:30pm
Ted Nugent for President.

acevette2001
04-17-2012, 7:23pm
Sounds like from the article that the palace guard is gonna be making a visit to him.

yup

Secret Service looking into Ted Nugent violent anti-Obama message | The Ticket - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/secret-looking-ted-nugent-violent-anti-obama-message-225142639.html)

The U.S. Secret Service is looking into a violent rant by "Catch Scratch Fever" rocker Ted Nugent in which he denounced President Barack Obama and his top advisers as "evil" and urged National Rifle Association members to help "chop their heads off in November."

vtelvr
04-17-2012, 7:30pm
Hell yea!

theanswriz42
04-17-2012, 8:20pm
All he accomplished was making gun owners and conservatives look like nut jobs. Not exactly the kind of message that's healthy for Romney.

DJ_Critterus
04-17-2012, 8:25pm
yup

Secret Service looking into Ted Nugent violent anti-Obama message | The Ticket - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/secret-looking-ted-nugent-violent-anti-obama-message-225142639.html)

Funny, i don't recall Ted having Hookers around his digs. Whatever are they looking for?

stingraymyway
04-17-2012, 8:26pm
Ted Nugent for President.

I second that motion. But I don't think he'd take the pay cut.

kylebuck
04-17-2012, 10:32pm
I second that motion. But I don't think he'd take the pay cut.

he would be shooting his bows on the lawn of the white house... like a boss.

Wathen1955
04-17-2012, 11:42pm

Secret Service looking into Ted Nugent violent anti-Obama message

The U.S. Secret Service is looking into a violent rant by "Catch Scratch Fever" rocker Ted Nugent in which he denounced President Barack Obama and his top advisers as "evil" and urged National Rifle Association members to help "chop their heads off in November."

"I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said. "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"

Nugent, speaking at the organization's annual gathering over the weekend, praised NRA members but warned that if they did not "get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don't even know what you're made out of."

"If the coyote's in your living room, pissing on your couch, it's not the coyote's fault. It's your fault for not shooting him," he said.He also denounced the administration as "criminals" and said a Democratic victory in November would mean "we'll be a suburb of Indonesia next year" — an apparent reference to Obama's boyhood time there.

Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary told Yahoo News: "We are aware of the incident and we are conducting appropriate follow-up."

And a spokeswoman for Mitt Romney, whom Nugent has endorsed, distanced the campaign from his remarks.

"Divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from. Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil," Andrea Saul said by email.
I thought the secret service was busy with hookers :shots:

Olustee bus
04-18-2012, 3:46am
I think what Ted said was asinine. I don't give a damn that he eats what he shoots, I think he is an idiot to say that about any POTUS.

Broken Wind
04-18-2012, 5:02am
Love the guy, but he's always one forehead vein away from meltdown. This was not his best moment.

Torqaholic
04-18-2012, 6:08am

He was still living in Michigan when he said he'd run for govenor if whatshername tried to get re-elected. He left the state instead :rofl:

Madmikeee
04-18-2012, 8:35am

:iagree:

I LOVE Ted but that comment was just wrong. I HATE Odumbo as much as he does but I would never wish the man dead or make a statement eluding to that.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-18-2012, 9:30am
Ted should stick to "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang"

kingpin
04-18-2012, 9:46am
"chop their heads off in November."

Gee that isn't being taken a little out of context isn't it. :rolleyes:

"We need to ride into battle and chop their heads off in November"

Meaning we must beat them in November.

DJ_Critterus
04-18-2012, 9:46am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/544447_250094215089403_100002664794588_455037_1700380663_n.jpg

Bill
04-18-2012, 10:29am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/544447_250094215089403_100002664794588_455037_1700380663_n.jpg
The Secret Service is apparently taking time out of its busy day (gettin' wit hookers and such) to harrass Uncle Ted. I wonder who put them up to that?

The U.S. Secret Service is looking into a violent rant by "Cat Scratch Fever" rocker Ted Nugent in which he denounced President Barack Obama and his top advisers as "evil" and urged National Rifle Association members to help "chop their heads off in November."

"I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said. "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"

Nugent, speaking at the organization's annual gathering over the weekend, praised NRA members but warned that if they did not "get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don't even know what you're made out of."

"If the coyote's in your living room, pissing on your couch, it's not the coyote's fault. It's your fault for not shooting him," he said.He also denounced the administration as "criminals" and said a Democratic victory in November would mean "we'll be a suburb of Indonesia next year" — an apparent reference to Obama's boyhood time there.

Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary told Yahoo News: "We are aware of the incident and we are conducting appropriate follow-up."

And a spokeswoman for Mitt Romney, whom Nugent has endorsed, distanced the campaign from his remarks.

"Divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from. Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil," Andrea Saul said by email.

Correction, 10:06 am Wednesday: This post was corrected to fix the title of Nugent's song in the first paragraph, incorrectly referred to in the original post as "Catch Scratch Fever."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/secret-looking-ted-nugent-violent-anti-obama-message-225142639.html

onedef92
04-18-2012, 10:32am
Yeah, I heard he got ol' boy Omama told. So much so the Secret Service took heed!

Bill
04-18-2012, 10:38am
Yeah, I heard he got ol' boy Omama told. So much so the Secret Service took heed!

I'd figure you would have first honed in on the quality reporting. I mean, I loved listening to Catch Scratch Fever when I was a kid.

Actually, it could work on a few levels, not the least of which would be a rap song title.....nevertheless, someone failed to do a bit of due dilligence.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-18-2012, 10:41am
In keeping with the Ted theme, check out this video from NAMM 2010 for PRS guitars.

Ted Nugent performing "Stranglehold" live at NAMM 2010 for PRS Guitars - YouTube

Burnt C6
04-18-2012, 12:59pm
I didn't read one thing that was threating in the article. Saying that he might be dead or in jail if Obama wins in not threating. He could very well me making the point that the liberals want to take away all our guns and someone might kill him if he gives them up or be in jail if he doesn’t. You can read anything into that statement that you want to.

Datawiz
04-18-2012, 1:02pm
I didn't read one thing that was threating in the article. Saying that he might be dead or in jail if Obama wins in not threating. He could very well me making the point that the liberals want to take away all our guns and someone might kill him if he gives them up or be in jail if he doesn’t. You can read anything into that statement that you want to.

Correct. The liberal media is making this into a threat on the POTUS, when in fact, it clearly is not.

DJ_Critterus
04-18-2012, 1:06pm
In keeping with the Ted theme, check out this video from NAMM 2010 for PRS guitars.

Ted Nugent performing "Stranglehold" live at NAMM 2010 for PRS Guitars - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKEPVT9_ik)

he lost me at the sucking dick part.

Jobaka
04-18-2012, 1:27pm
Much ado about nothing.

Perhaps some ill considered comments on Uncle Ted's part, but in the end, I heard nothing but hyperbole on the video in the link.

And the Secret Service counters with "appropriate follow-up." BFD. That just means they're looking into it, as they are required to do. It's part of their job.

Unless there's more to this story than we currently know, I don't see this going anywhere.

Madmikeee
04-18-2012, 1:55pm
Correct. The liberal media is making this into a threat on the POTUS, when in fact, it clearly is not.

I disagree, the comment eluded to a potential, even though HIGHLY unlikely, threat on the POS..Err I mean POTUS. Therefore it should be followed up on.

My problem is not what he said but HOW he said it, he wants to back Romney, great! but comments like that place the man he WANTS to be in charge this time next year in a bad position. He just needs to choose his words a little more carefully.

Fasglas
04-18-2012, 3:50pm

First... The left can always be counted on to read things to further their agenda, into ANY statement by a conservative.

BUT...

Alec Baldwin can, on network TV, call for a march to Henry Hyde's home to stone him and his family to death.

Baldwin gets a pass.

Don't like Ted's comments?

Tough...

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-18-2012, 3:57pm
Alec Baldwin can, on network TV, call for a march to Henry Hyde's home to stone him and his family to death.

Baldwin gets a pass.

Don't like Ted's comments?

Tough...
Don't like Baldwin's comments?

Tough...

Jeff '79
04-18-2012, 6:54pm

Everything was taken out of context... Ted spoke with the owner of the ammo company that my neighbor works for today. That's exactly what he said. Out of context.....

More people should have the balls and say what they think. This politically correct fad that's going on right now is ruining this country.

carlton_fritz
04-18-2012, 7:23pm
Even some in this thread made the incorrect ASSumption.

ft laud mike
04-18-2012, 7:59pm
Funny, i don't recall Ted having Hookers around his digs. Whatever are they looking for?
:rofl:
I think what Ted said was asinine. I don't give a damn that he eats what he shoots, I think he is an idiot to say that about any POTUS.
Your view, which you are entitled to...even when you are wrong
:cert:

I LOVE Ted but that comment was just wrong. I HATE Odumbo as much as he does but I would never wish the man dead or make a statement eluding to that.
Again, your view, me ..I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

Much ado about nothing.

Perhaps some ill considered comments on Uncle Ted's part, but in the end, I heard nothing but hyperbole on the video in the link.

And the Secret Service counters with "appropriate follow-up." BFD. That just means they're looking into it, as they are required to do. It's part of their job.

Unless there's more to this story than we currently know, I don't see this going anywhere.

:iagree::cert:

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-18-2012, 8:10pm
Nugent is a buffoon.

ft laud mike
04-18-2012, 9:52pm
QUOTE=Thomas;638646]Nugent is a buffoon.[/QUOTE]

At least he speaks his mind, and ..last I checked, in an alleged "free" country he should be allowed to

99 pewtercoupe
04-18-2012, 10:33pm
I enjoy listening to "Steady Teddy" both his music and his political views. My concern is that the MSM will take his comments and spin it to sound like all gun owners are raving lunatics who want to kill the POS. I have heard him speak rationally with intelligence previously. He needs to stick with a more reasoned approach.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-19-2012, 3:44am
QUOTE=Thomas;638646]Nugent is a buffoon.

At least he speaks his mind, and ..last I checked, in an alleged "free" country he should be allowed to
:cert:[/QUOTE]

Yup he's allowed to speak his mind. Doesn't bother me one bit. It also removes ALL doubt, the man is a buffoon.

onedef92
04-20-2012, 11:20am
Ted Nugent dropped from Fort Knox lineup after comments about Obama

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 9:21 AM EDT
Updated: Apr 20, 2012 9:21 AM EDT

FORT KNOX, KY (WAVE) – Fort Knox leadership has removed rocker Ted Nugent from a summer concert lineup on post after he made comments that some perceived as a threat against President Barack Obama.

Co-headliners REO Speedwagon and Styx remain scheduled to perform at the June 23 concert. A replacement for Nugent may be selected.

Speaking at a National Rifle Association meeting in St. Louis last weekend, Nugent said of the Obama administration: "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November."

He also said he would be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if the current Commander in Chief is re-elected.

The Secret Service confirmed it is investigating. Nugent has said he was speaking figuratively.

Those requesting a refund for their purchased tickets to the Fort Knox concert must do so by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000 or the Fort Knox Information, Ticketing and Registration Office at 502-624-5030 by May 31.

onedef92
04-20-2012, 11:20am

FORT KNOX, KY (WAVE) – Fort Knox leadership has removed rocker Ted Nugent from a summer concert lineup on post after he made comments that some perceived as a threat against President Barack Obama.

Co-headliners REO Speedwagon and Styx remain scheduled to perform at the June 23 concert. A replacement for Nugent may be selected.

Speaking at a National Rifle Association meeting in St. Louis last weekend, Nugent said of the Obama administration: "We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November."

He also said he would be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if the current Commander in Chief is re-elected.

The Secret Service confirmed it is investigating. Nugent has said he was speaking figuratively.

Those requesting a refund for their purchased tickets to the Fort Knox concert must do so by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000 or the Fort Knox Information, Ticketing and Registration Office at 502-624-5030 by May 31.

Burnt C6
04-20-2012, 1:41pm
WASHINGTON — The Secret Service and Ted Nugent have reached a peace accord over the rock star’s comments regarding Barack Obama, after he told WND that during his tough talk at an NRA event about the 2012 political race he “did not threaten anyone’s life, or hint at violence or mayhem.”
Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary said in a report in Washington the agency “does not anticipate any further action” because the “issue has been resolved.”
Secret Service agents met today with Nugent about his comments at the National Rifle Association convention, where he rocked America with his talk about politics, the nation and its leaders.
In a written statement to WND, Nugent described his experience at the NRA.
“If all of America was just like the great families at the NRA 141st Annual Members meeting in St. Louis last weekend, our country could be flawless,” he said. “Surrounded by my family, friends, patriots, law enforcement and military heroes, veterans who have sacrificed dearly for freedom and the U.S. Constitution, the goodwill and positive energy in the air was cleansing to say the least. We set another attendance record for the NRA and for St. Louis. It was downright perfect.”
But it was Nugent’s fiery comments that captured the attention of the country.
“I named names,” he said. “I called out Eric Holder for his fast and furious and other offenses. I railed against out president for his engineered dismantling of the once greatest economy in the world. I reminded everyone how Hillary Clinton sides with the evil criminals of the U.N. instead of her own great nation. I reminded good Americans that it isn’t the enemies’ fault for sneaking into the White House and abusing power, but rather we the people for bending over and allowing them to take corruption to a horrible new level.”
Read Ted Nugent’s full statement to WND.
Nugent said that beyond all that was good about the NRA, “the real duty of we the people is to watch out for and fight against the bad and the ugly brought about by people of power that historically have always abused it.”
“I begged everyone to register and vote, because warriors give up their lives so that we can,” he said. “I spotlighted cockroaches and rallied those who care to stomp ‘em out at the voting booth in November, as is my duty as an American. I passionately rallied the America civilian troops to stand up for what is right and to demand that the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights are once again forced into determining all laws and policies in America.”
He concluded: “By no stretch of the imagination did I threaten anyone’s life, or hint at violence or mayhem. Metaphors needn’t be explained to educated people.”
The star, best known musically for his hit “Cat Scratch Fever,” sparked an uproar on the political left after addressing the National Rifle Association in St. Louis over the weekend. He told the NRA “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”
SIGN THE PETITION: Show your support for Ted Nugent and his bold defense of America in response to Barack Obama’s destructive administration.
Nugent said there was a reason for his speech.
“Unarmed helplessness is for sheep and the French. Such an embarrassing, irresponsible, crime inducing condition is inexcusable,” he said.
“My speech, like every year at NRA, was about the unlimited greatness of this sacred experiment in self-government, thanking the heroes of the U.S. military and law enforcement for their incredible sacrifices waging war against the enemies of freedom wherever it may slither.
“But beyond all that is good, the real duty of we the people is to watch out for and fight against the bad and the ugly brought about by people of power that historically have always abused it,” he said.
Nugent later told radio host Dana Loesch. “Guess who was with me here at the NRA … Heroes of the Secret Service and the FBI and the ATF and the federal marshals – law-enforcement and military heroes from every imaginable agency who believe in the Second Amendment and the First Amendment, and I’m using both of ‘em.”
Express yourself with the must-have bumper sticker this election year: Ted Nugent for President! … Or, join the Ted Nugent for President discussion at Facebook.
The 1970s guitarist who has since become a champion for American gun rights says he’s very friendly with members of the Secret Service in particular.
“The Secret Service are my buddies,” Nugent told Loesch.
“They work for me. I pay their salaries, and I mean that seriously. But also, I train with the Secret Service. I conduct federal marshal raids here in Texas. So I rely on these heroes of the federal agencies to save my life during these raids on fugitive felons. I know a lot of people don’t know that, but I’m very active in law enforcement. So when you say Secret Service, all I can do is get a big grin on my face and realize that we’ll either be shooting some taxpayer ammo at targets or we’ll be eating barbecue.”
DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz had ripped Nugent’s comments, saying, “Mitt Romney surrogate Ted Nugent made offensive comments about President Obama and November’s elections this weekend that are despicable, deplorable and completely beyond the pale.”
Nugent’s response? She’s a “brain-dead, soulless, heartless idiot,” and her remarks merely encouraged him to stand stronger.
“This is the Saul Alinsky ‘Rules for Radicals’ playbook,” Nugent said. “The Nazis and the Klan hate me. See, I’m a black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally, and there are some power-abusing corrupt monsters in our federal government that despise me because I have the audacity to speak the truth to identify the violations of our government, particularly Eric Holder and the president and Tim Geithner, ad nauseam. And I spoke at the NRA and I will stand by my speech. It was 100 percent positive.
“It’s about ‘We the People’ taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration and the communist czars he’s appointed. And if anybody has a problem with that, call 1-800-NUMBNUT and [leftist filmmaker] Michael Moore will try to explain it to you as he searches for soap.”

Links that came with the story
Ted Nugent For President Magnetic/Easy-Off Adhesive Bumper Sticker (http://superstore.wnd.com/Ted-Nugent-For-President-Magnetic-Easy-Off-Adhesive-Bumper-Sticker)

Ted Nugent for President | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/tednugent4president)

THE I-STAND-WITH-TED-NUGENT PETITION (http://www.wnd.com/wnd_petition/the-i-stand-with-ted-nugent-petition/)

NB2K
04-20-2012, 1:45pm
The Secret Service don't have time for this crap!

"Where's da hookahs?"

Fasglas
04-21-2012, 5:28am
Don't like Baldwin's comments?

Tough...

carlton_fritz
04-21-2012, 5:43am

Like to see everyone get a refund in protest, but the morons that can't understand plain English will keep their tickets.

carlton_fritz
04-21-2012, 5:47am
As a liberal, he doesn't understand that it's not the comments that we don't like. It's making the comment and not sticking to it. If you say you are going to do something if something particular happens, then follow through when that something happens.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-21-2012, 6:58am
As a liberal,
Sorry to burst your bubble little guy, I'm not a Liberal. :D

carlton_fritz
04-21-2012, 7:01am
Sorry to burst your bubble little guy, I'm not a Liberal. :D
Your posts say otherwise.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-21-2012, 7:04am
Your posts say otherwise.

:seasix: You can't find a single post where I support Liberal views.

Jeff '79
04-21-2012, 7:04am
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/jeff79/fire.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/jeff79/DeerChewing.gif

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-21-2012, 7:23am

:dance::dance:

carlton_fritz
04-21-2012, 7:27am
http://i41.tinypic.com/167l941.gif

Stangkiller
04-21-2012, 12:41pm
I'm sure he got a few cheap shots in regarding the SS Columbian party.