PDA

View Full Version : Geek help needed

Skia
04-17-2012, 10:55am
Our GSM of the past 16 years walked out last week and he was also the network administrator. We are getting incoming emails but none are out going. we were hooked up with a new and faster system than our old T1 at the same time. Is there a way to see who our email provider is?? None of the companies they we have called acknowledge that they handle our email. :confused5:

VatorMan
04-17-2012, 10:56am
Reason #1 to never piss off your main IT guy. :yesnod:

Skia
04-17-2012, 10:58am
Reason #1 to never piss off your main IT guy. :yesnod:
Truth...:yesnod: But the dumazz GM who's name is on the building thinks that "The beatings will continue until morale improves" is a viable way to run a sales organization.

kingpin
04-17-2012, 11:04am
Won't looking at the sender information of emails tell you?

Cybercowboy
04-17-2012, 11:04am
Next teenager that comes in to look at your cars, tell him you'll give him $500 off the final price if he helps you. :lol:

Skia
04-17-2012, 11:06am
Won't looking at the sender information of emails tell you?
I thought about that. I'll check it out tomorrow morning. All this started when they installed the new modem. Install tard said he didn't know what happened.

Madmikeee
04-17-2012, 11:06am
Call a consulting firm, once the big boss sees THAT bill his attitude might change.

MrPeabody
04-17-2012, 11:11am
Truth...:yesnod: But the dumazz GM who's name is on the building thinks that "The beatings will continue until morale improves" is a viable way to run a sales organization.

:rofl: Welcome to the car business.

Skia
04-17-2012, 11:19am
:rofl: Welcome to the car business.Having worked for a sales organization for 5 years that was 100% professional to this 3 years later is just totally ignorant. :yesnod:

MrPeabody
04-17-2012, 11:24am
Having worked for a sales organization for 5 years that was 100% professional to this 3 years later is just totally ignorant. :yesnod:

The real problem with the car business is that as a salesman, if you ever find the perfect place to work, you know, great boss, good people to work with, fantastic product, perfect location, it won't last long. A key person will walk out, product will have a problem and take a downward turn, dealership will get sold, etc.

Sounds like you're at a pretty good place right now, hope it lasts as long as possible for you.:seasix:

Skia
04-17-2012, 11:25am
Called and talked to the office manager. They had finally figured out the proble. We went from a static IP with our previous T1 and with the new fiber optic system it went to a revolving IP. Carrier says that was the problem. :shrug:

Skia
04-17-2012, 11:27am
The real problem with the car business is that as a salesman, if you ever find the perfect place to work, you know, great boss, good people to work with, fantastic product, perfect location, it won't last long. A key person will walk out, product will have a problem and take a downward turn, dealership will get sold, etc.

Sounds like you're at a pretty good place right now, hope it lasts as long as possible for you.:seasix:
Thanks. :seasix: I'm just looking for something like what I was doing. I would rather be a product rep/ home system designer/ saleshole rather than this. :yesnod: The hours are killing me...literally. :yesnod:

Cybercowboy
04-17-2012, 11:27am
I can only imagine how much you guys overpaid for a T1 interweb connection all those years. :lol: :rofl:

Skia
04-17-2012, 11:29am
I can only imagine how much you guys overpaid for a T1 interweb connection all those years. :lol: :rofl:Oh yeah it was a farce....My 3mb home DSL was much faster. :yesnod::yesnod:

Millenium Vette
04-17-2012, 11:57am

:rofl: Welcome to the car business.

Yup, 100% truth....

Again, 100% on the money. Then, customers wonder why their salesman didn't stick around...

Thanks. :seasix: I'm just looking for something like what I was doing. I would rather be a product rep/ home system designer/ saleshole rather than this. :yesnod: The hours are killing me...literally. :yesnod:

I feel your pain. It is a hard way to make a living. I always loved it when a customer or just a "looky-loooo" would make the comment about maybe wanting to get into car sales because it looked pretty easy. It would take me about 30 seconds to talk them out of that silly notion.

Mirroredshades
04-17-2012, 12:03pm
Hey man. You know I'm a network administrator right? Where should I send my resume?

MrPeabody
04-17-2012, 12:04pm
Hey man. You know I'm a network administrator right? Where should I send my resume?

Not to a car dealer. Trust me.

Skia
04-17-2012, 12:33pm
Not to a car dealer. Trust me.
:withstupid: TRUTH .....To far from Kvegas anyway Shades. :yesnod:

Mirroredshades
04-17-2012, 4:57pm
:withstupid: TRUTH .....To far from Kvegas anyway Shades. :yesnod:

If they would 1099 me, I could work flex hours. That would actually turn out okay. Driving distance doesn't really matter to me.

Skia
04-17-2012, 5:38pm
If they would 1099 me, I could work flex hours. That would actually turn out okay. Driving distance doesn't really matter to me.
I'll mention it to the owner. :seasix: We call him Fatdaddy....or dumbazz...:yesnod:

Mirroredshades
04-17-2012, 6:22pm
I'll mention it to the owner. :seasix: We call him Fatdaddy....or dumbazz...:yesnod:

Wordizzle my Nizzle.

http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/smoky.gif