PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Carlisle like the C4 Corvette

WW7
04-17-2012, 6:53am
I was just looking at last years 30th anniversary copy of the Corvette's at Carlisle magazine... They have every year represented on the cover except the C4s and no articles about the C4 in the mag.. This isn't the first time I have seen this type of behavior from different Corvette magazines but I would really expect better from one of the largest Corvette only shows....What gives, aren't we part of the Corvette fraternity..Come on Carlisle....Maybe this year we can get just a small picture of a C4....WW

Corvette's of Carlisle mag..
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/pdf/2011_Corvette_Directory.pdf

DukeAllen
04-17-2012, 8:05am
Carlisle is a few hour drive for me. I've always wanted to go, but every year all I hear is how C4s are ignored, no C4 parts available, etc etc. I Save my money and stay home.

C4fan
04-17-2012, 9:16am
Carlisle is a few hour drive for me. I've always wanted to go, but every year all I hear is how C4s are ignored, no C4 parts available, etc etc. I Save my money and stay home.

I'm too far away to have much interest in Carlisle and don't know much about it. From the posts I've read I get the impression it has declined in popularity in the last couple of years and I've read several posts about the lack of vendors who cater to C4's. It's a shame.

mike100
04-17-2012, 9:43am
C4's aren't a big money maker for the aftermarket right now.

Too new to be classic, too old for the wealthier ownership demographic. Certainly some well-to-do people have some nice C4's, but you aren't talking about a number in the 10's of thousands.

PLRX
04-17-2012, 10:39am

:iagree:

Wayne we have discussed this for a while. WE are the bastard child of the Corvette division.

The C4 SBC are different. The LT1/LT4 SBC is unique, bad design and I wonder if it can be fixed. That damn front oil leak bullsh*t is just part of the design. Ive replaced that crap twice, brand new seals and the F^cker is leaking oil again.

One last thing. The new generation of C4 owners (Obama economic generation) are buying cheap C4s and have no money to repair maintenance issues. The aftermarket read Corvette Forums, blogs, facebook and other internet related web pages, they see what type of group are buying C4 and they stay away from developing new parts.

On the other hand the LSX generation is 17 years long spreading to the Corvette, Camaro, GTO, late Trans Ams, Trucks, Saab 9-7X, Cadillacs and maybe the longest crate engine ever produced.

Notice how easy it is to transplant a LSx engine into any other Corvette generation, but the C4. The C4 aftermarket parts available today may be old inventory and they will run out.

We made fun out of it, but The Renegade production failed.

Here you go Wayne

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/C4Carlisle.jpg

Frizlefrak
04-17-2012, 11:55am

Too new to be classic, too old for the wealthier ownership demographic. Certainly some well-to-do people have some nice C4's, but you aren't talking about a number in the 10's of thousands.

You nailed it. :iagree:

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 12:15pm
Alas, the (US/WE/OUR) "Poor C4 Threads" always seem to generate the most posts on CF:rofl:

PLRX
04-17-2012, 12:17pm
Alas, the (US/WE/OUR) "Poor C4 Threads" always seem to generate the most posts on CF:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Funny and a fact.

WW7
04-17-2012, 1:25pm
Thanks for the photochop Pete, is it ok with you if I repost the cover you made to show the people on CF what it should look like..You would get full credit of course....:D...WW

PLRX
04-17-2012, 1:28pm
Thanks for the photochop Pete, is it ok with you if I repost the cover you made to show the people on CF what it should look like..You would get full credit of course....:D...WW

sounds good :seasix:

WW7
04-17-2012, 2:12pm
That guy Nathan Plemons over at CF is a complete azzwipe.. I don't think I have ever seen him write a post shorter then 1,000 words.. Now he's trying to get a mod to lock my Carlisle thread down because he doesn't like being called out on a stupid comment he made..I hate "know it all" types and he's one of the worst I've seen..............Ok , sorry for the outburst..Im under control now...................He's such an azz...:leaving:...WW

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 2:20pm
That guy Nathan Plemons over at CF is a complete azzwipe.. I don't think I have ever seen him write a post shorter then 1,000 words.. Now he's trying to get a mod to lock my Carlisle thread down because he doesn't like being called out on a stupid comment he made..I hate "know it all" types and he's one of the worst I've seen..............Ok , sorry for the outburst..Im under control now...................He's such an azz...:leaving:...WW
He is, isn't he Wayne. Now just slip this into your CD player
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcSIieN8HdR8KHAfPUKAI.jpg
And have a dozen or so of these
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/Jadvad/imagesqtbnANd9GcSusiMkq5eOu_hz3j9AI.jpg
And make your cheque payable to Dr. Sweetsies House Of Love:D:Sexy:

RedLS1GTO
04-17-2012, 2:22pm

He is a douche.

I'm guessing that in his experience most C5 and C6 owners are indeed assholes... although I'm guessing they are such because of who they are dealing with.

Can you imagine this asswipe at a carshow (or any other gathering)?? There is always 1 clown who just wont STFU and knows everything about everything and I have no doubt he is that guy.

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 2:25pm
He is a douche.

I'm guessing that in his experience most C5 and C6 owners are indeed assholes... although I'm guessing they are such because of who they are dealing with.

Can you imagine this asswipe at a carshow (or any other gathering)?? There is always 1 clown who just wont STFU and knows everything about everything and I have no doubt he is that gay.
Fixed,:D and I agree 100%

RedLS1GTO
04-17-2012, 2:32pm
My take on the question (without the interruption of the douche nozzle):

Companies go where the profits are, and at the moment that is simply NOT C4 Corvettes. These companies exist to make money, not to spend time and money developing parts that will be a net loss to make things "equal." I would be willing to bet that the C5/C6 aftermarkets profit more in a month than the C4 does in a year.

The same goes for any sort of "racing" product. If you need something for a C5/C6, you can most likely find it. C4? Not so much. If you go to a track on any given weekend you will see 20 C5s and C6s for every 1 C4. Unfortunately for C4 owners, it just doesn't make financial sense to pander to that 5% (just a guess) market.

Frizlefrak
04-17-2012, 2:33pm
How long before HP Doucherod locks it down? Any wagers?

C4fan
04-17-2012, 2:33pm
He is a douche.

Can you imagine this asswipe at a carshow (or any other gathering)?? There is always 1 clown who just wont STFU and knows everything about everything and I have no doubt he is that gay.

Fixed,:D and I agree 100%

:rofl::iagree:

WW7
04-17-2012, 2:37pm
He is a douche.

Can you imagine this asswipe at a carshow (or any other gathering)?? There is always 1 clown who just wont STFU and knows everything about everything and I have no doubt he is that guy.

Also Brian, he's probably loud and obnoxious and gets rude if you disagree with anything he says..They always talk real loud to make sure everyone hears them.....Yea, I know the type your talking about. At cruise ins and car shows I just walk away until they move onto the next unsuspecting person...Now I think Im going to take "Dr Sweetsies" advice and go get a cold one,,,,,, Make that 2 cold ones, one for each hand.........WW

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 2:37pm
Of course, it's economics 101. Also have you listened to some of the CF-C4 forum members. All they ever do is bitch about how expensive parts are and they could make them for a tenth of the price yada yada yada. Christ, maybe they have been watching the Red Green Show for too long.:yesnod:

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 2:40pm

I'm betting Nads Plumbing is on the bat phone with Chuck as we speak, with a tampon shoved up his ass from being so butt-hurt:seasix:

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 2:42pm
.Now I think Im going to take "Dr Sweetsies" advice and go get a cold one,,,,,, Make that 2 cold ones, one for each hand.........WW
Don't forget to write the cheque!!:D

WW7
04-17-2012, 2:42pm

Probably before I finish my second Corona....:D..WW

WW7
04-17-2012, 2:43pm
Don't forget to write the cheque!!:D

It's in the mail,,,,,,honest.....:D....WW

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 2:45pm
It's in the mail,,,,,,honest.....:D....WW

The first biggest lie. The second is "I'll only put it in a little bit":leaving:

WW7
04-17-2012, 2:50pm
The first biggest lie. The second is "I'll only put it in a little bit":leaving:

I thought the second biggest lie was " I promise not to c#m in your mouth..:puke:......WW

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 2:50pm
I'm betting Nads Plumbing is on the bat phone with Chuck as we speak, with a tampon shoved up his ass from being so butt-hurt:seasix:
Damn I hate being right:rofl:
What a loser!
Corvette Forum - View Single Post - Doesn't anyone like us???? (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1580581132-post46.html)

DukeAllen
04-17-2012, 2:53pm

It's still better than her asking "Is it in yet?"

mike100
04-17-2012, 3:03pm
Most of the c4 market is just minimal restoration and stock replacement repairs. the parts places, corvette mail order, and numerous dismantlers take car of the 84-96 market.

You can just pick from the existing performance products available and fabricate anything else you need custom.

Take as an example, superchargers- There used to be some kits for L98's and LT1's, but when you find out how easy it is to make 500 hp from an LS1, 97 percent of anybody sane will just go buy something with that engine powering it. Most of the C4 superchargers were long since discontinued by the manufacturers in favor of the newer kits for modern cars.

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 3:09pm
It seems NP has the power to pull down all of CF:lol:
We'll be back soon!

The website is offline while we migrate to a new database server to increase site speed. Thanks for your patience.

WW7
04-17-2012, 3:12pm
Well, it looks like my Carlisle thread is safe for about another 40 minites while the CF does repair work...That should piss off Nat Plemers ....Good...Did I mention he's a Azzhole....:)....WW

DukeAllen
04-17-2012, 3:12pm
He's just suffering from a major case of first-night-in-jail-with-Bubba Butt Hurt:rofl:

Frizlefrak
04-17-2012, 3:28pm

Nad Plumbers?? :lolsmile: :lolsmile: :lolsmile:

Sweet 90
04-17-2012, 3:30pm
Nad Plumbers?? :lolsmile: :lolsmile: :lolsmile:

I vote yes, who will second it!

WW7
04-17-2012, 3:32pm
I vote yes, who will second it!

I second it....:hurray:...WW

Wait....what was I seconding?....Wait, is seconding a word?...Wait, I need another Corona.....WW

Frizlefrak
04-17-2012, 3:42pm
I'll third it. He is now the Nad Plumber. :rofl:

PLRX
04-17-2012, 3:52pm
I'll third it. He is now the Nad Plumber. :rofl:

Shit I just read this one.

So Nad "Douche" Plumber ah

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/plrx/COOL/NPDouche.gif

Ch@0s
04-17-2012, 4:14pm
Its back up!!

nutz4c4
04-17-2012, 4:28pm
Well, it looks like my Carlisle thread is safe for about another 40 minites while the CF does repair work...That should piss off Nat Plemers ....Good...Did I mention he's a Azzhole....:)....WW

WHY Yes,Yes you DID AND YOU ARE CORRECT Sir...:rofl:

PLRX
07-10-2017, 12:50pm

Five years later and this post is making waves. Nathan Plemmons ass actually imploded and posted it in the CF Off Topic.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/off-topic/4012866-just-stumbled-across-this-little-gem.html

this guy is a master on Duche Baggery

m and t's77
07-10-2017, 12:59pm
Five years later and this post is making waves. Nathan Plemmons ass actually imploded and posted it in the CF Off Topic.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/off-topic/4012866-just-stumbled-across-this-little-gem.html

Saw that earlier,was waiting to see if this thread would be brought back up.
Takes a special kind of stupid that guy brings to the interwebs.:slap:

RedLS1GTO
07-11-2017, 6:23am
:rofl:

WW7
07-27-2017, 7:06pm

Wow Pete, It looks like I finally wrote something that will go down in history, well at least 5 plus years anyway...All this time and Nathan Plemmons is still a complete azzwipe , he may even be worse... People like him never change...Very sad....:kimblair:...WW

mike100
08-18-2017, 11:11pm
Note to self:
never cross Pete on open forums.

PLRX
08-24-2017, 8:38pm
Note to self:
never cross Pete on open forums.

He is not a punching bag. :fastguy:

I hope all of you guys are doing well. I just got back from a short 2,700 miles trip. Drove to Casper, WY to see the eclipse and on the way back I drove the $1,000,000 highway, Colorado River Headwaters, Colorado River Scenic drive, stopped at Four Corners, Monument Valley and almost made it to the Grand Canyon Skywalk.

On the way to Casper, there was the newest generation Camaro SS among the rest of the eclipse chasers. I was going to pass him and looked that he got offended; he stepped on it and I chased him. The Camaro (auto) ran good, never got away from me and after 130 I was closing on him and had to pull out. Once he got back on the right lane I passed him and reached 154 MPH. 10 miles out from Casper I got lasered doing 78 MPH on a speed trap. The cop was cool and wrote 74 MPH on a 65 MPH. He told me he gets car after car on that hilltop.

Leaving Casper was a nightmare. Took us 4 hours due to 4 accidents and a cop that thought that standing on an intersection would speed things up.

I'm very glad I removed the coilovers and reinstalled the Sports Monospring w/ HD Bilstein suspension. This time it was a comfortable trip. The new Pioneer smart radio paid itself out, it was awesome.

Driving thru Monument Valley was a great experience. If you ever go on a trip make it that way, you will not regret it.

As many of us in here know, you will never enjoy a Corvette parked in the garage. The Ghost got shitted on, rained on, hailed on,

...but there is nothing a high-pressure car wash can't do to make them look great again.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/21055123_10155053311504482_968323218368076760_o.jpg?oh=2369e08e55ad746cb805322dc57dc038&oe=5A304D32

I entered The Ghost in the C4 of the month.

Vote for him :seasix:
(https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/4030604-you-pick-the-c4-of-the-month-for-2017-a.html)