PDA

View Full Version : BR II Beer Keg/Trailer Info...Please Step In

NEED-A-VETTE
04-16-2012, 3:57pm
This year, prices for beer are $104.99 for a keg. Traditionally, we have had Budweiser, Bud Light and AmberBock.

Shelby Hayes will be taking everyone's orders. He is from the liquor store that JB Distributors (who is providing the beer trailer...free of charge) prefers to deal with. (JB Distributors is unable to provide beer directly to consumers, due to distribution laws.)

If you would like to donate a keg, please call Shelby directly at 270-781-5923. He will take payment for the kegs. Shelby has dealt with Roscoe for all the past CIs, so he is very familiar with our needs.

WHEN PAYING FOR THE KEG VIA PHONE WITH SHELBY, BE SURE TO MENTION THAT THE KEG YOU ARE ORDERING IS FOR THE BARN RAISING II EVENT, TAKING PLACE ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

The trailer will hold up to 25 kegs. I don't anticipate that we'll have that many kegs purchased, but hoping we'll have at least 10-15. :cheers: I'll be getting periodic updates from Shelby on where we're at with the keg count.

Quick note on pricing: Shelby is trying to work with the distributor, to see if we can get a break on prices, which he can pass along to us. He understands that this is an increase in prices versus previous years. Unfortunately, he has stated that there is a very small profit margin on the kegs and, in order to give us a better price, the distributor will have to agree to give him a better deal. He'll update me on whether or not they will. In the event that he can get us a better price than $104.99, which is not guaranteed, he will credit the difference back to anyone that has paid full price.

Stangkiller
04-16-2012, 4:11pm
Sweet! Do we have an idea on # of people registered yet? Or more so, have we taken a guess at how many kegs we'll need?

In the past we've always paid Roscoe and any left over money or unused kegs were donated to something. If we order a bunch of kegs and pay him directly will there be a way to get a refund and donate that money, or do we need to maybe order a few and have somebody collect cash for updating the keg count on the fly? :bigears:

NEED-A-VETTE
04-16-2012, 5:27pm
Sweet! Do we have an idea on # of people registered yet? Or more so, have we taken a guess at how many kegs we'll need?

In the past we've always paid Roscoe and any left over money or unused kegs were donated to something. If we order a bunch of kegs and pay him directly will there be a way to get a refund and donate that money, or do we need to maybe order a few and have somebody collect cash for updating the keg count on the fly? :bigears:

Whatever we don't tap, we can get a refund on. Per Shelby, each keg contains about 160 beers (normal size). We can just take that and donate it to any cause that everyone agrees to.

I'm not sure how many are registered. Maybe Mike can chime in with a count.

73sbVert
04-16-2012, 8:33pm
I'm in for half a keg of Amber Bock. :yesnod:

I'll call in tomorrow! :D

Stangkiller
04-16-2012, 8:37pm
I'm in for half a keg of Amber Bock. :yesnod:

I'll call in tomorrow! :D

I'll take the 2nd half

73sbVert
04-16-2012, 8:41pm
I'll take the 2nd half

:cert:

Iron Chef
04-16-2012, 8:42pm
I'm buying a keg of Amber Bock.

My car club, Blue Thunder Corvettes, will also sponsor a keg as we have done for the last several years.

:cert: :datawiz:

kingpin
04-16-2012, 8:48pm
1 keg = 333-8oz glasses of beer.

The average beer glass is now either 12, 16 or even up to 20oz.
With spillage count on roughly 150-250 glasses of draft per keg.
If you guys are going to be outside see if you can also rent an instant glass chiller or a small fridge to keep the glasses frosty.
Nothing worse than a warm mug with cold beer.

Former Bar Owner
Mike

xXBUDXx
04-16-2012, 8:50pm
This may sound like a dumb question, but can we contribute less than a whole keg price? Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

I'm not able to attend, but I'd like to support you drunk bastards.

Stangkiller
04-16-2012, 9:05pm
1 keg = 333-8oz glasses of beer.

The average beer glass is now either 12, 16 or even up to 20oz.
With spillage count on roughly 150-250 glasses of draft per keg.
If you guys are going to be outside see if you can also rent an instant glass chiller or a small fridge to keep the glasses frosty.
Nothing worse than a warm mug with cold beer.

Former Bar Owner
Mike
I've been showing up with a 52oz beer mug (bubba keg) since CI 4

kingpin
04-16-2012, 9:09pm
I've been showing up with a 52oz beer mug (bubba keg) since CI 4

:rofl: Glutton. :rofl:

That would against liquor licence laws here. Max. 1 person can have in front of them is 16 oz of beer or 4oz of spirit.

Y2Kvert4me
04-16-2012, 9:15pm
That would against liquor licence laws here. Max. 1 person can have in front of them is 16 oz of beer or 4oz of spirit.Saving this quote for the next time you claim Canada doesn't suck. :lol:

Stangkiller
04-16-2012, 9:20pm
:rofl: Glutton. :rofl:

That would against liquor licence laws here. Max. 1 person can have in front of them is 16 oz of beer or 4oz of spirit.

You do realize Kentucky is one of the prime states for moonshine right? Also ever heard of kentucky blue grass (hint: it ain't music) :yesnod: 52oz of been is the last thing they're worried about.

kingpin
04-16-2012, 9:40pm
Saving this quote for the next time you claim Canada doesn't suck. :lol:

These are the laws in Ontario. For having the second largest entertainment district in North America it's a wonder they have always been behind the times.

I know out east it's pretty lax. but here they(liq. lic. board) are out for your money. It's also illegal to have or advertise drink specials here. Alchohol also must stay the same price the whole day(no happy hour).
The only time you can change pricing on alchohol during the day is if you have live entertainment scheduled for the night.

The laws in my province are pretty strict but the place is always happenin'.

At least we don't have any dry counties or cities. :rofl:

HeatherO
04-16-2012, 9:42pm
I will be brewing and bringing my own beer. that I intend on sharing with all the drunk bastards :D

NEED-A-VETTE
04-16-2012, 10:11pm
This may sound like a dumb question, but can we contribute less than a whole keg price? Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

I'm not able to attend, but I'd like to support you drunk bastards.

I can call Shelby tomorrow to find out if he's able to take donations that may not amount to a full keg.

Iron Chef
04-16-2012, 10:14pm
At least we don't have any dry counties or cities. :rofl:

Neither do we. In a practical sense.

Dry counties are where most of the alcoholics are.

kingpin
04-16-2012, 10:18pm
Neither do we. In a practical sense.

Dry counties are where most of the alcoholics are.

Is that what Utah is full of? :D

73sbVert
04-16-2012, 10:35pm
I will be brewing and bringing my own beer. that I intend on sharing with all the drunk bastards :D

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

GentleBen
04-17-2012, 8:40am
One (1) keg of AmberBock ordered and Shelby tells me that it is the first one for the Barn Raising so far. :seasix:

It's gonna be a long, dry spell if some other kegs aren't ordered - but I'll have my single malts with me so I can/will survive. :shots:

Stangkiller
04-17-2012, 8:48am
One (1) keg of AmberBock ordered and Shelby tells me that it is the first one for the Barn Raising so far. :seasix:

It's gonna be a long, dry spell if some other kegs aren't ordered - but I'll have my single malts with me so I can/will survive. :shots:

I'm calling during lunch today...i still need to make my room reservation too.

NEED-A-VETTE
04-17-2012, 9:18am
I'm calling during lunch today...i still need to make my room reservation too.

The discount code appears to have expired via the Internet booking. You'll have to call the Hampton to book and just let them know it's for VB. (I had to actually spell out "vette" for her yesterday...I think she thought it was a veterinarian conference or something.)

DropTheTop
04-17-2012, 9:54am
I can't go either, but would like to buy you guys and girls a :datawiz:
Do the donated kegs have to be Anheuser-Busch brands?
I refuse to buy beer that will likely give some of my friends the Hershey Squirts! :D

Maybe a sixtel of a Sam Adams variant, or a keg of Miller Lite for those that hate Bud??

Stangkiller
04-17-2012, 9:59am
I can't go either, but would like to buy you guys and girls a :datawiz:
I refuse to buy beer that will likely give some of my friends the Hershey Squirts! :D

Maybe a sixtel of a Sam Adams variant, or a keg of Miller Lite for those that hate Bud??

:confused5: You think the beer gives the squirts..you should send us a case or two of sliders. :rofl: jalapeno jack if you've got a real sense of humor.

NEED-A-VETTE
04-17-2012, 10:40am

Yes.

Rob
04-17-2012, 11:15am
I will be bringing a keg as well since I am not a fan of AB beers.

:datawiz:

Stangkiller
04-17-2012, 11:56am
I just called the line, but Shelby wasn't in. The lady who answered, wouldn't take payment "because she doesn't know if i'm 21 or not" she said I could call back tomorrow to talk to Shelby.

NEED-A-VETTE
04-17-2012, 3:10pm
I just called the line, but Shelby wasn't in. The lady who answered, wouldn't take payment "because she doesn't know if i'm 21 or not" she said I could call back tomorrow to talk to Shelby.

You under aged kids...always trying to pull some shit. Get off my lawn.

Rob
04-17-2012, 3:12pm

:lol::lol:

Stangkiller
04-17-2012, 3:13pm

:rofl: I may have been under age for CI 4, 5, and maybe even 6...that was 6 years ago. :lol:

PortDawg
04-17-2012, 8:32pm
Now a sticky !

HeatherO
04-17-2012, 10:40pm

no kidding!!! :lol:

HeatherO
04-17-2012, 10:42pm

I'll be bringing six cases of 22's...give or take
it's going to be gooood :D

DropTheTop
04-18-2012, 1:35pm

Can I foot the bill for said keg??
I seriously don't want to be locked in to purchasing a product I don't stand behind. I just care about you guys too much than to promote the drinking of lousy beer! :datawiz: :lol:

73sbVert
04-18-2012, 2:30pm

A keg of what? :bigears:

NEED-A-VETTE
04-18-2012, 2:32pm
I seriously don't want to be locked in to purchasing a product I don't stand behind. I just care about you guys too much than to promote the drinking of lousy beer! :datawiz: :lol:

I don't see an issue with tossing in our own kegs of stuff. We will have the keys to the trailer, after all. :D Just as long as we have it all out of there once the come to pick it up on Sunday...they won't even know.

On a different note...I'm hoping we'll have at least 10 kegs purchased through the distributor, just to justify them giving us the trailer for free. They didn't mention any minimum amount for use of the free trailor. She just told me that the trailer will hold up to 25 kegs (1/2 barrels). So, for anyone planning to buy a keg through Shelby, don't forget to place your orders. :cheers:

DropTheTop
04-18-2012, 2:49pm
^ Well when you put it that way, it makes more sense for me to support the distributor and trailer. I think I can cast aside my petty differences with AB for the sake of the generous use of the trailer. :cert:

Anywho, I don't have to drink it! :D

So, more Amber Bock or some Bud Light to mix it up a bit?

Shrike6
04-18-2012, 3:07pm
Another keg of Amber Bock ordered for the gang:shots:

NEED-A-VETTE
04-18-2012, 3:20pm
^ Well when you put it that way, it makes more sense for me to support the distributor and trailer. I think I can cast aside my petty differences with AB for the sake of the generous use of the trailer. :cert:

Or you could wait a few weeks and see where we're at with totals. :cheers:

Rob
04-18-2012, 3:22pm

I don't see an issue with tossing in our own kegs of stuff. We will have the keys to the trailer, after all. :D Just as long as we have it all out of there once the come to pick it up on Sunday...they won't even know.

On a different note...I'm hoping we'll have at least 10 kegs purchased through the distributor, just to justify them giving us the trailer for free. They didn't mention any minimum amount for use of the free trailor. She just told me that the trailer will hold up to 25 kegs (1/2 barrels). So, for anyone planning to buy a keg through Shelby, don't forget to place your orders. :cheers:

Or you could wait a few weeks and see where we're at with totals. :cheers:

:iagree: on the totals...

This is where I will be purchasing my beers.

Yazoo Brewing Company - Nashville, TN (http://www.yazoobrew.com/home.php)

I have thought about just buying the 1/6 barrels in order to get a sampler for the folks. This is also the beer that we will be doing a tour of the brewery on Thursday. They get $60 per 1/6 barrel which is roughly 5.5 gallons.

I am not trying to take the place of what Sandy has done for us, but I can probably pick up a couple kegs to bring up with me on Wednesday.

:seasix:

NEED-A-VETTE
04-18-2012, 3:25pm
I am not trying to take the place of what Sandy has done for us, but I can probably pick up a couple kegs to bring up with me on Wednesday.

Variety is good. :D

DropTheTop
04-18-2012, 3:35pm
:iagree: on the totals...

This is where I will be purchasing my beers.

Yazoo Brewing Company - Nashville, TN (http://www.yazoobrew.com/home.php)

I have thought about just buying the 1/6 barrels in order to get a sampler for the folks. This is also the beer that we will be doing a tour of the brewery on Thursday. They get $60 per 1/6 barrel which is roughly 5.5 gallons.

That's a good price for the sixtels, and that's the only size I could ever get for Sam Adams, Victory, etc. micro brews.

Like I said, I can't go but I'd love to chip in on quality :datawiz:
If you're cool with it, I could just Paypal some $$ to you directly Dixie, for when you and Yamma go shopping. :cert:

87 Ragtop
04-19-2012, 1:11am
I know I'm going to be on a tight budget if I make it this year. Do you plan on having a spot for the straglers to toss a few bucks that do partake? :D I don't want to be a "freeloader" :shots::funny:

Iron Chef
04-19-2012, 8:41am
One keg of Amber Bock ordered from me, one keg of Budweiser ordered on behalf of Blue Thunder Corvettes.

Shelby told me that we are up to four kegs right now. :datawiz:

GinnyC6
04-23-2012, 5:19pm

About 5 years ago Ginny and I were at Chris's 15th birthday party, so I can vouch for his age.

Kerrmudgeon
04-30-2012, 4:10pm
Is this the way to Barn II??
http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2012_2/Epic_Delivery.jpg

73sbVert
04-30-2012, 8:03pm
Is this the way to Barn II??
http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2012_2/Epic_Delivery.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have keg, will travel!!

:cert:

HeatherO
04-30-2012, 9:35pm
i'm going to be hauling 15 gallons of home brew...you ****ers better drink it...or i'm going to be pissed at having to haul it home

Shrike6
05-01-2012, 5:33am
If we drink 15 gallons of the stuff, we'll be pretty pissed.:shots:

GentleBen
05-01-2012, 6:48am
I wouldn't say that we would be pissed on 15 gallons as each of the kegs that has been subscribed is 15.5 gallons so Heather is bringing essentially one more keg.

However, now the total is beginning to mount to a reasonable level.:shots:

VetteBoy1979
05-01-2012, 9:30pm
What is our count to now? How many folks are registered for the event? I mean, if the Hampton is full, I would guess quite a few are coming, so how much beer do we need? We can probably cut down if Cajundude isn't coming, he drank about 50% of the beer from the trailer ;)

NEED-A-VETTE
05-01-2012, 10:16pm
What is our count to now? How many folks are registered for the event? I mean, if the Hampton is full, I would guess quite a few are coming, so how much beer do we need? We can probably cut down if Cajundude isn't coming, he drank about 50% of the beer from the trailer ;)

I'll call for a count tomorrow. :cheers:

Black94lt1
05-04-2012, 6:27am

I'm in for a keg if more are needed. I suspect I may be consuming more of the offerings from the local distilleries, than I will beer :), but I will contribute a keg regardless if it is needed.

onedef92
05-18-2012, 10:16am
There's gonna' be a lot of blowed mofos.... :shots:

VetteBoy1979
05-21-2012, 12:09pm
There's gonna' be a lot of blowed mofos.... :shots:

What does that have to do with beer? :confused5: I was pretty much banking on this being a given for me specifically, you know, with the wifey coming along and all :leaving:

onedef92
05-21-2012, 12:21pm
What does that have to do with beer? :confused5: I was pretty much banking on this being a given for me specifically, you know, with the wifey coming along and all :leaving:

"Blowed" also means alcohol-intoxicated. :D

Bingo Fuel
05-21-2012, 1:43pm
I'll call for a count tomorrow. :cheers:

Add'l keg of bud light added.
Brings the total to 4 bud light and 4 amberbock

onedef92
05-21-2012, 2:04pm
Variety is good. :D

"Sandy, you're doin' a heckuvah job." - George W. Bush.