PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Confirms Store Closure - Locations

Mike Mercury
04-16-2012, 9:12am
Best Buy Confirms Store Closure Locations
Best Buy Friday announced the locations of the 50 big-box locations that it plans to close. The stores will finish the closing process by May 12, the company said.

"This was not an easy decision to make. We chose these stores carefully, and are working to ensure the impact to our employees will be as minimal as possible, while serving all customers in a convenient and satisfying way," the company said in a statement.

"But we also recognize the impact this news has on the people who deserve respect for the contributions they have made to our business."

Casa Grande
1004 N Promenade Pwy
Casa Grande
AZ

Lake Pleasant
10134 W Happy Valley Rd
Peoria
AZ

East Palo Alto
1751 E Bayshore Rd
East Palo Alto
CA

Westwood
10861 Weyburn Ave
Los Angeles
CA

Manteca
934 Perimeter Dr
Manteca
CA

Moreno Valley East
27220 Eucalyptus
Moreno Valley
CA

Ontario
4120 E 4th St
Ontario
CA

Pittsburg
4405 Century Blvd
Pittsburg
CA

Jamboree
2857 Park Ave
Tustin
CA

Arapahoe & Parker
15800 E Briarwood Cir
Aurora
CO

The Forum
9370 Dynasty Dr
Fort Myers
FL

Oldsmar
11655 W Hillsborough Ave
Tampa
FL

Fayetteville
128 Pavilion Pkwy
Fayetteville
GA

Loganville
4014 Atlanta Hwy
Loganville
GA

Addison
1038 N Rohlwing Rd
Addison
IL

87th & Dan Ryan
8900 S Lafayette Ave
Chicago
IL

Deerfield
200 S Waukegan Rd
Deerfield
IL

Matteson
4707 Lincoln Mall Dr
Matteson
IL

Mundelein
1100 N Rt 83
Mundelein
IL

West Dundee
979 W Main St
West Dundee
IL

Speedway
10500 Parallel Pkwy
Kansas City
KS

Back Bay
360 Newbury St
Boston
MA

Wareham
2421 Cranberry Hwy
Wareham
MA

Inner Harbor
600 E Pratt St
Baltimore
MD

Hunt Valley
118 Shawan Rd
Hunt Valley
MD

Biddeford
405 Mariner Way
Biddeford
ME

*Brooklyn Center
5925 Earle Brown Dr
Brooklyn Center
MN

*Edina
3200 Southdale Cir
Edina
MN

*Hutchinson
1350 Hwy 15 S
Hutchinson
MN

*Lakeville
18350 Orchard Trl
Lakeville
MN

Rochester South
4540 Maine Ave Se
Rochester
MN

*Rogers
20870 Rogers Dr
Rogers
MN

Ellisville
15678 Manchester Rd
Ellisville
MO

Monroe
3151 W Highway 74
Monroe
NC

Rocky Mount
1100 N Wesleyan Blvd
Rocky Mount
NC

Millard
12210 K Plz
Omaha
NE

East River Plaza
517 E 117th St
New York
NY

Steelyard Commons
3506 Steelyard Dr
Cleveland
OH

Salem Mall
5031 Salem Ave
Dayton
OH

Caguas
Las Americas Expry PR52 Zafiro
Caguas
PR

Middletown
890 W Main Rd
Middletown
RI

Hickory Hollow
5255 Hickory Hollow Pkwy
Antioch
TN

Techridge
12901 North I-35
Austin
TX

*Woodlake Parkway
6218 Woodglen
San Antonio
TX

Landmark Mall
5901 Stevenson Ave
Alexandria
VA

Cosner's Corner
9745 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Fredericksburg
VA

East Richmond
4410 S Laburnum Ave
Richmond
VA

Mill Plain
16611 Se Mill Plain Blvd
Vancouver
WA

* indicates stores notified March 29, 2012 of closure plans

Note: Two stores in Kansas City, MO (Metro North) and Scottsdale, AZ (Shea) permanently closed in February 2012.

http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/657277-bigthumbnail.jpg

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-16-2012, 9:14am
Six stores in MN. WOW. I see the CEO stepped down last week also. They have some issues.

Stangkiller
04-16-2012, 9:19am
:hurray: I love seeing the people vote with their money! Best Buy has terrible customer service (and returns policy) and it's biting them where it hurts. :hurray:

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-16-2012, 9:22am
:hurray: I love seeing the people vote with their money! Best Buy has terrible customer service (and returns policy) and it's biting them where it hurts. :hurray:

Agreed. They have gotten so big they have forced all the competition out of here.

You want electronics, you're pretty much forced to shop at Best Buy unless you purchase online.

Plus, customer service is HORRIBLE.

FasterTraffic
04-16-2012, 9:27am
Six stores in MN. WOW. I see the CEO stepped down last week also. They have some issues.

I believe the CEO stepped down for issues other than corporate performance.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-16-2012, 9:29am
I believe the CEO stepped down for issues other than corporate performance.

Bedroom performance. :D

Bucwheat
04-16-2012, 9:40am
That still leaves a lot of people out of work.

Mike Mercury
04-16-2012, 9:46am
no surprise about closing the Dayton Ohio (Salem Ave) store. All that's happened there for the past 5-7 years is shoplifting.... and cars in the parking-lot getting broken into.

I've only had one problem ever with their returns policy and that was over a decade ago.

I guess I read the rules, follow them and keep my receipts. :shrug:
I hear ya; but I had a salesman flat-out lie to me. Found out about a month after the purchase; manager refused to give me my money back... or full store credit (only offered partial credit). And I had my receipt.
The manager was an absolute azz about it; and when I said I was calling corp, he shouted "GO AHEAD" and pulled out a business card with corps consumer hotline shown and threw it at me; then walked away.

I found out later that corp had told their store managers that they would stand behind the managers... no matter what (as long as the manager was following protocol). It went to some of the managers heads.
I would of accepted store credit of the full amount - and he could of OK'd that... but he decided to be a tuff-guy (knowing he was in no fear of his boss).

Same scenario as with CF moderator staff :leaving:

NEVRL8T
04-16-2012, 9:47am
:iagree:

I've only had one problem ever with their returns policy and that was over a decade ago.

I guess I read the rules, follow them and keep my receipts. :shrug:

:iagree: I have had no problems with returns either but their customer service does suck balls.

Mike Mercury
04-16-2012, 9:56am
"Geek Squad"

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/junior-geek-squad.jpg

kingpin
04-16-2012, 10:01am
I bought a $3500 tv from them a few years back that was delivered.

-I watched the guys take it off the truck and put it on it's sidewhile dropping it on the dolly.
Big lettering on the box saying "do not turn box on side or upside down". :beat:

-I then tell them the box won't fit through the door and the down the stairs so it has to be unpacked in the garage. They don't listen to me and get the box wedged in the door as it's 1/4 way down the stairs. :beat:

-The one dude decides to start body checking the box through the door way while the other guy has made holes in the box with a knife as handles so he can pull it. :beat:

-tv's unpacked and on its stand and surprise, surprise it doesn't even power up. :beat:

-call BB for a return and exchange and they tell me there will be a delivery charge of $50. :beat:

-I tell them how their delivery guys handled the box and mentioned that I will bring back the tv personally and wedge it in their ass like the guys did with my tv in the door. :beat:

-I get a second delivery straight from HP who makes the tv the next day with a perfect set. :D

-I decide for my troubles I will take the $600 bulb out of the not working tv and keep it as a spare. :dance:

mrvette
04-16-2012, 10:53am
And the one about 3 miles from here is always jammed with customers, and I can't see WHY, Walmart has about 3 stores with much better prices on the same shit....people are stoopid.....

:leaving:

Cybercowboy
04-16-2012, 11:03am
Amazon.com FTW

onedef92
04-16-2012, 11:12am
I must admit it's been at least 5 years since I bought anything out of there.

boracayjohnny
04-16-2012, 4:12pm
Best Buy, it's like watching a wreck in slow motion. It's only a matter of time.

Vette Jockey
04-16-2012, 5:15pm

They were ROD anyway. I have gone down to buy something three times in the last couple of months. No one came to help me, they were to busy talking to each other. Went over to Fry's and was helped within minutes

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-16-2012, 5:26pm

BFD! We ALL know how simple it is, to go get another job! Just run out between the gym and picking up your dry cleaning! Bingo! Job!

Dumb, stupid, lazy assed people, I'll tell you.

G8rDMD
04-16-2012, 5:39pm
Amazon.com FTW

FTMFW :seasix:

Especially if you're a Prime member--free 2 day shipping or $3.99 overnight. Plus an excellent return policy :cert:

Mike Mercury
04-16-2012, 6:57pm
Amazon.com FTW

also: newegg.com

:cheers:

Mike Mercury
04-16-2012, 6:59pm
Obama is that you?

:rofl:

you certainly don't continue paying a sub-par employee... and subsidize the employees failing company... with other peoples money... just to buy an election :nono:

Aerovette
04-16-2012, 10:32pm
Best Buy, it's like watching a wreck in slow motion. It's only a matter of time.

WalMart is next and I will watch each one near me close while sitting in a lawn chair having a cold beer.

The only downside is that "greeter" was part of my retirement plan :D

FasterTraffic
04-16-2012, 10:37pm
:iagree: I have had no problems with returns either but their customer service does suck balls.

Same here. I attempted to purchase a refrigerator from Best Buy and it couldn't have been a bigger clusterf**k. I finally threw up my hands and went to Howard's, where I should have gone right from the start. That was a lapse in judgement.