PDA

View Full Version : Barry got a Go Pro, lets go for a ride on his Kawasaki H2 750 triple

JRD77VET
04-14-2012, 8:29pm
Testing the new GoPro around the block on the Mighty H2 - YouTube

His first video with it, never realized how much you move your head around while riding a motorcycle :D

Mrs. Colleen
04-14-2012, 8:36pm
Mark says, "That thing sounds pretty bad ass." :cert:

We enjoy our GoPro so much. You will find so many things to record now. :yesnod: :lol:

RxCritical
04-14-2012, 8:36pm
I love the sound of that bike!!!

JRD77VET
04-14-2012, 8:39pm

We enjoy our GoPro so much. You will find so many things to record now. :yesnod: :lol:

He also wrote this So who's got a GoPro and can give me the hot tips and set ups?

Care to add any tips? Your GoPro camera work is very enjoyable to watch :seasix:

JRD77VET
04-14-2012, 8:40pm
I love the sound of that bike!!!

They go like mad too :D They were the hot bikes of my youth :leaving:

Mrs. Colleen
04-14-2012, 8:43pm
He also wrote this So who's got a GoPro and can give me the hot tips and set ups?

Care to add any tips? Your GoPro camera work is very enjoyable to watch :seasix:

I can say...make sure you don't accidentally put the camera on the photo setting and then miss the footage of almost getting taken out by a giant tumble weed at the track. :banghead:

This is why I always leave Mark on GoPro duty...because that is what happens when I do it. :banghead:

I can say, if you are using a lot of the little arms/attachments make sure and use the little rubber stabilizer. :cert:

yell01
04-14-2012, 8:47pm
Bike sounds great. I love my GoPro. One tip is if your in a hurry don't put the adhesive sticky pad on when it's cold or eventually when you hit a stump the whole thing will fly off...

GoPro Survives - YouTube

They're tough though.

Jeff '79
04-14-2012, 8:58pm
Bike sounds great. I love my GoPro. One tip is if your in a hurry don't put the adhesive sticky pad on when it's cold or eventually when you hit a stump the whole thing will fly off...

GoPro Survives - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQS97Gf-Dy8&list=UUyOkafXrpq2v_fBHfNkuTQg&index=4&feature=plcp)

They're tough though.

:cool1::notfunny:

yell01
04-14-2012, 9:04pm
:cool1::notfunny:

I was running back down the hill waving like a lunatic so my buddy wouldn't run it over. You can see the flash of light as he goes right by it.

Torqaholic
04-15-2012, 4:36am
Thanks. I never rode a triple. Now I can say I know what it's like.

Seen a few of them dry rotting in sheds around here. Weren't they called "suicide rockets" or something like that? Supposedly because it was impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground :rofl:

JRD77VET
04-15-2012, 6:32pm
Thanks. I never rode a triple. Now I can say I know what it's like.

Seen a few of them dry rotting in sheds around here. Weren't they called "suicide rockets" or something like that? Supposedly because it was impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground :rofl:

The H2 750 was The Widowmaker plus quite a few other names. They were like mad in a straight line but took a good rider to carve corners. 1972 for the H2 750 and 1973 H1 500 were the first ones with disk brakes in the FRONT :hurray: It was better but still not great.

69camfrk
04-15-2012, 6:43pm
I'm surprised not to see the front wheel off the ground. My cousin had a Yamaha RD 350 and just to pull out you needed to be at like 3 grand. He told me at 3500 the front wheel would come up. Being a Harley guy I was like SURE!! It did exactly what he said, and the bike was light as a feather. It was wicked fast. Nothing more than a dirt bike for the street. 2 strokes are off the chain, and one with that displacement has to be a blast when it's right.:seasix:

JRD77VET
04-15-2012, 6:49pm
I'm surprised not to see the front wheel off the ground. My cousin had a Yamaha RD 350 and just to pull out you needed to be at like 3 grand. He told me at 3500 the front wheel would come up. Being a Harley guy I was like SURE!! It did exactly what he said, and the bike was light as a feather. It was wicked fast. Nothing more than a dirt bike for the street. 2 strokes are off the chain, and one with that displacement has to be a blast when it's right.:seasix:

He lifted the front wheel a couple times but it's hard to notice since the camera is mounted to the helmet. Edit===6:57

My buddy Mark had a RD350. That sucker was pretty quick, if I was off on my take off, he would give my '74 H1 500 triple a very hard time :seasix:

lallend
04-15-2012, 6:59pm
Very, VERY cool! Love the triples and the sounds they make.

That bike needs expansion chambers :)

Jeff, seemed like it was smoking wayyy more than it should, what's up with that?

JRD77VET
04-15-2012, 7:07pm
Very, VERY cool! Love the triples and the sounds they make.

That bike needs expansion chambers :)

Jeff, seemed like it was smoking wayyy more than it should, what's up with that?

Barry just rebuilt the top end and is running the oil pump a little rich. It does clear out when he runs it.

Nemesis
04-15-2012, 8:07pm

I finally got one! Race videos to come throughout the summer...