PDA

View Full Version : Yay, have my TV back!

86RAG
04-14-2012, 4:05pm
Power supply on my 50" Panasonic plasma died and I had to send it out for repair, couldn't find a new one to replace it anywhere. Was worried about sending it out, but worried for nothing it seems! Got it back today, installed it, and tv is good as new :hurray: Had to resort to watching a tiny 25" screen while waiting. Damn, it's good to have my 50" back :dance:

ApexOversteer
04-14-2012, 4:11pm
Nice.

I've found I might have to move my desk TV... damn thing is so big and close, it's giving me motion sickness if I'm not looking directly at it!

86RAG
04-14-2012, 4:33pm
Nice.

I've found I might have to move my desk TV... damn thing is so big and close, it's giving me motion sickness if I'm not looking directly at it!

Serious? I've never had anything like that happen with me sitting too close to the tv. Must be annoying.

ApexOversteer
04-14-2012, 4:44pm
Serious? I've never had anything like that happen with me sitting too close to the tv. Must be annoying.

The worst is racing onboard footage, or helicopter shots in movies, where the whole screen is in motion... of course, I'm sitting 28" from a 37" TV...

Poog
04-14-2012, 7:59pm
How old is the TV and what did they fix?

86RAG
04-15-2012, 7:35am
The thing is only 4 years old! It is the power supply board that crapped out, but I don't know specifically what was bad on the board. I've read online that it's usually a small cap that is the problem, but I don't know for sure if that was the case with mine.

Poog
04-15-2012, 11:00am
The thing is only 4 years old! It is the power supply board that crapped out, but I don't know specifically what was bad on the board. I've read online that it's usually a small cap that is the problem, but I don't know for sure if that was the case with mine.

I had a feeling that was it. A lot of TV's of that vintage were made with sub-standard Chinese made caps. From what I understand you can fix it for about $5 if you're handy with a soldering iron.

And just think, the ingredients for any medications you take probably came from China. :(

86RAG
04-15-2012, 3:15pm
I had a feeling that was it. A lot of TV's of that vintage were made with sub-standard Chinese made caps. From what I understand you can fix it for about $5 if you're handy with a soldering iron.:(

Not that I'm not handy with a soldering iron, but I have no idea how to determine which cap was bad

And just think, the ingredients for any medications you take probably came from China. :(

Well, isn't that a pleasant thought! :ohnoes: