PDA

View Full Version : Itch, Scratched.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-14-2012, 12:18pm
After 12 years with the Vintage Yellow PRS Custom 24, it had to go. Every time
I picked it up I struggled with it. It wasn't the neck, it was the wrap around fixed bridge. :issues:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/Dilemma_1962/PRS.jpg

So I sold it, and bought a new PRS Custom 24. :dance: MUCH better. The new one is a "10" Top "Angry Larry" (No pun intended)
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/Dilemma_1962/New-PRS.jpg

Taurus
04-14-2012, 12:25pm
After 12 years with the Vintage Yellow PRS Custom 24, it had to go. Every time
I picked it up I struggled with it. It wasn't the neck, it was the wrap around fixed bridge. :issues:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/Dilemma_1962/PRS.jpg

So I sold it, and bought a new PRS Custom 24. :dance: MUCH better. The new one is a "10" Top "Angry Larry" (No pun intended)
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/Dilemma_1962/New-PRS.jpg

:seasix:

Stangkiller
04-14-2012, 12:26pm
I know nothing about guitars, but it is a sweet looking handle.

Mr Brns C6
04-14-2012, 12:43pm
Very nice indeed.:seasix:

I'm not a PRS guy although they're put together much better than Gib's & Fen's. Even though I have a fine stash of Gib's I always gravitate towards the Fen's. "But" I do have a Hamer Daytona that has Texas Specials installed and tuned down a half that's just a kick. And some day I'm gonna learn how to play guitar. :cert:

Sea Six
04-14-2012, 12:52pm
F'n sweet guitars, Thomas.

I've got a Gibson Les Paul Custom honeyburst that I rarely play, because it's just not my favorite. I've had it since I bought it new in 1996 with all the gig $$$ I earned that summer.

Giraffe (He/Him)
04-14-2012, 12:58pm
I rarely play, because it's just not my favorite.
The stop tp was a gift from my then Gf, now wife. I didn't pick it out. At the time I didn't want to hurt her feelings and tell her, "Honey, that gift you got me doesn't fit well" So I kept it and played it occasionally.

I finally just said to her, "Babe, how upset would you be if,,,,,," She was cool with it, and explained when she bought it she just took a WAG at what I would like. Her comment was "Get what you like meathead. That was the point!"

I dunno. That big hunk of tail piece and the way I have been picking for 30 years just didn't click. I ENVY guys who can pick up anything and play flawlessly. I couldn't and can't do that. Everyone has weakness's in their playing. That's one of mine.

The new one was INSTANTLY better.

Mr Brns C6
04-14-2012, 1:40pm
The stop tp was a gift from my then Gf, now wife. I didn't pick it out. At the time I didn't want to hurt her feelings and tell her, "Honey, that gift you got me doesn't fit well" So I kept it and played it occasionally.

I finally just said to her, "Babe, how upset would you be if,,,,,," She was cool with it, and explained when she bought it she just took a WAG at what I would like. Her comment was "Get what you like meathead. That was the point!"

I dunno. That big hunk of tail piece and the way I have been picking for 30 years just didn't click. I ENVY guys who can pick up anything and play flawlessly. I couldn't and can't do that. Everyone has weakness's in their playing. That's one of mine.

Got anymore pics of or connects to your shhhtuff?

Sea Six
04-14-2012, 2:17pm

That's one hell of a present. If my GF gave me a PRS I just might marry her, too. :funny:

Do NOT tell her I said that. :nono:

nhlgopens
04-14-2012, 2:43pm
I just bought my son an Ibanez S-570 series with the Edge Zero bridge. It's a double lock system. The type of stuff he plays, he needs it. :lol:

Black94lt1
12-05-2017, 6:51am
I know nothing about guitars, but it is a sweet looking handle.

Me either but that is nice!

Jeff '79
12-05-2017, 7:06am
That's one hell of a present. If my GF gave me a PRS I just might marry her, too. :funny:

Do NOT tell her I said that. :nono:

She knew exactly what she was doing. :D

Nice rig. They are truly functional pieces of art. :seasix:

Broken Wind
12-05-2017, 7:36am
Pics of gf/wife?

Sea Six
12-05-2017, 9:41am
Pics of gf/wife?

She dumped the pill without telling me, and while we were having unprotected sex.

I found out and dumped her.

Then I posted up the infamous vasectomy thread.

This was about five years ago..

Signed, Sea Six
Single and Childless (thank God)

Thunder22
12-05-2017, 9:48am
beautiful instrument, and i don't say that to men without due cause.

/secure in my heterosexuality :)

dwjz06
12-06-2017, 8:46am
beautiful instrument, and i don't say that to men without due cause.

/secure in my heterosexuality :):lol::lol: