PDA

View Full Version : My A/C

1TZSLO
06-29-2010, 8:33pm
Okay a while back supposedly my AC compressor started making noises so it was figured the compressor was bad. Well now that my new underdrive pulley got put on the noise went away.

The AC will not blow cold air but jesus does the Deforst heat work. Does this mean I just need to recharge it since the compressor seems to be working for defrost? The A/C light stays on but no cold air.

Munch
06-29-2010, 9:24pm
It could have stopped making noise because it finally died, the defrost will blow heat even if the ac pump is bad. You can try recharging it with one of those cans from the parts store and see if that helps any, it's a cheap check. I have no idea how to verify the compressor is bad but maybe Brian can give you a deal on the one he took off his Z.

1TZSLO
06-29-2010, 9:34pm
yeah I was already picking that AC up Munch but the thing is that I never used that AC or turned it on but maybe 2-3 times after it was supposedly bad. And it made noise. As soon as I got my car back last Friday I got to work and parked the car and pressed the AC button and no noise. Anytime before the underdrive pulley replacement it made noise. I talked to Brian and since my front main seal was leaking some I had hope that my pulley was loose or bad and that was what was making noise. I will grab a recahrge thing from autozone or someplace and see if that fixes it.

If the compressor is bad will it still blow with ac on? but not defrost. I am a dummy on this

Munch
06-29-2010, 9:46pm
I didn't know all that other stuff about yer problem. You may just need a recharge if you're lucky. And yes, the defrost will still blow but the AC just isn't drying the air.

If the recharge can helps even a little then you can probably take it somewhere and they can do it right.

1TZSLO
06-29-2010, 9:52pm
I didn't know all that other stuff about yer problem. You may just need a recharge if you're lucky. And yes, the defrost will still blow but the AC just isn't drying the air.

If the recharge can helps even a little then you can probably take it somewhere and they can do it right.

I am so HOPING that is all I need!!!!