PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton's Oil Spill Solution: 'Blow Up the Well'

Peter Pan
06-29-2010, 11:04am
"Let's just fix the problem" said former President Bill Clinton on the subject of BP's oil spill. And by fix he means blow the well up with explosives

Lets just blow it apart, maybe we can make a thousand new holes that will spill out more oil:rofl:

Morning Vid: Bill Clinton's Oil Spill Solution: 'Blow Up the Well' | The Atlantic Wire (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opinions/view/opinion/Morning-Vid-Bill-Clintons-Oil-Spill-Solution-Blow-Up-the-Well-4159)

Best Liberal idea ever on the BP oil spill:D

ChasC5
06-29-2010, 11:18am
I got a better question … what are the Republican ideas? :skep:

Wouldn’t you think the Party who actually has a solution could have the stones to laugh? :yesnod:

ChasC5
06-29-2010, 11:30am
BTW I agree ... that's a stupid idea to Blow Up the Well ... :willy:

Peter Pan
06-29-2010, 11:31am
I got a better question … what are the Republican ideas? :skep:

Wouldn’t you think the Party who actually has a solution could have the stones to laugh? :yesnod:

There are no solutions other than the hope the two relief wells work, why we should not be in mile deep water where we have not perfected any fixes for this. Once fixed we need to find a future fix, my idea for the future is to drill in shallow waters and in our country where we have proven reserves and when those are exhausted the Green power may be in vouge, not in my lifetime on Green power to run the economy, but we need to go there and drill baby drill in shallow water and on land:cheers:

ChasC5
06-29-2010, 11:46am
There are no solutions other than the hope the two relief wells work, why we should not be in mile deep water where we have not perfected any fixes for this. Once fixed we need to find a future fix, my idea for the future is to drill in shallow waters and in our country where we have proven reserves and when those are exhausted the Green power may be in vouge, not in my lifetime on Green power to run the economy, but we need to go there and drill baby drill in shallow water and on land:cheers:

Halting the drilling on 1% of the wells in the Golf (Exploratory Drilling), while keeping the remaining 3k open, is common sense and isn’t going to bankrupt anyone. I’m not going to walk down a dark alley on the South Side of Chicago, unless I know for certain there’s no danger. If we continue Exploratory Drilling as if nothing happened, we’re stupid … period. Because no matter how much BP pays, it isn’t fixing anything that’s already broken, dead or dying. The damage was done several years ago, we’re just feeling the pain and paying the consequences now. :yesnod: