PDA

View Full Version : Possible project

C4fan
04-06-2012, 9:20am
What do you guys think? I have my wheels and tires and engine from the 93 that are still good. Maybe turn it for a profit? I probably won't but it sure has me thinking about offering $2500-2700 for it.

94 Corvette LT=1 (http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/2931817320.html)

Frizlefrak
04-06-2012, 9:23am
Hell yeah. Offer him 25 C notes in cash, and I bet you drag it home. Go for it.....looks like a fun project.

C4fan
04-06-2012, 9:32am
Hell yeah. Offer him 25 C notes in cash, and I bet you drag it home. Go for it.....looks like a fun project.

It sure looks tempting. The wifey isn't too keen on another vehicle and the 93 would have to go outside since I only have room for 1 car at a time.

Sweet 90
04-06-2012, 9:56am
It sure looks tempting. The wifey isn't too keen on another vehicle and the C6 would have to go outside since I only have room for 1 car at a time.
Fixed:kimblair:
Let's keep our priorities straight there Bill:D

Frizlefrak
04-06-2012, 9:56am
It sure looks tempting. The wifey isn't too keen on another vehicle and the 93 would have to go outside since I only have room for 1 car at a time.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/category/car_canopies_2.jpg

Frizlefrak
04-06-2012, 10:06am
In fact, better yet....

http://www.neinfeldtcycle.com/images/picture_064.jpg

Sweet 90
04-06-2012, 10:13am
In fact, better yet....

http://www.neinfeldtcycle.com/images/picture_064.jpg

Only in Texas would you need a shed that big for your BBQ:rofl:

Frizlefrak
04-06-2012, 10:15am
Only in Texas would you need a shed that big for your BBQ:rofl:

We don't. The rest of the space is to slaughter the beef on the spot. Freshness is critical. :yesnod:

DukeAllen
04-06-2012, 10:18am
I thought it was to leave room for the Bull's shit. :lol:

Sweet 90
04-06-2012, 10:19am
We don't. The rest of the space is to slaughter the beef on the spot. Freshness is critical. :yesnod:

I thought true Texans just knocked off their horns,wiped its ass and threw it on a plate:)

PLRX
04-06-2012, 11:01am
I would do a detailed inspection before you make an offer. Im not a fan of vehicles with no wheels and tires for sale. They either were stolen or The Vette was not in high priority and the wheels were sold or used for other vehicle.

C4fan
04-06-2012, 11:52am
Fixed:kimblair:
Let's keep our priorities straight there Bill:D

:rofl: The wifey just decided not to like Canadians for some reason.

C4fan
04-06-2012, 11:54am
I would do a detailed inspection before you make an offer. Im not a fan of vehicles with no wheels and tires for sale. They either were stolen or The Vette was not in high priority and the wheels were sold or used for other vehicle.

I would go and look at before making any kind of offer. And would call them and ask a few questions before even doing that.:seasix:

nutz4c4
04-06-2012, 6:35pm
I'm guessin' there might be some interior parts involed...$$$$$ Looks like a theft recovery...:shots:

C4fan
04-06-2012, 9:18pm
From the teeny weeny pics it looks like both gill panels are missing. Even if I decide not to do it I may call him tomorrow just to find out more about it. He describes the interior as "fair".

mike100
04-06-2012, 9:59pm
sounds like a distraction, but if you peruse craigslist a lot, you will realize it is a buyer's market still. Not sure about this vette- could have a bad transmission too- they didn't start selling parts off of it for nothing.

Sweet 90
04-07-2012, 12:05am
:rofl: The wifey just decided not to like Canadians for some reason.

I'm shocked that you married a racist Bill:rofl:

C4fan
04-07-2012, 8:28am
I'm shocked that you married a racist Bill:rofl:

It's a C6 thing, you understand.:D

sounds like a distraction, but if you peruse craigslist a lot, you will realize it is a buyer's market still. Not sure about this vette- could have a bad transmission too- they didn't start selling parts off of it for nothing.

I thought of that too, I wasn't going to consider it if it was auto. Too easy to be bad. The guy didn't put the mileage on his ad so it makes me wonder. I really don't need another car or project, the only reason I was considering this is because it appeared to lack the exact parts I have. If it's missing anything else and it wouldn't be worth it.

C4fan
04-07-2012, 8:23pm
I called the guy today. The car is an auto but has a new/rebuilt/? tranny and the original that came out that he will throw in. He also has the gill panels, didn't ask why he took them off. It has 140K on the clock. Didn't ask why the tires/wheels are missing. Still may try to go look at it tomorrow. The wifey is sure giving me the look though.:leaving:

five-oh
04-07-2012, 10:07pm
I called the guy today. The car is an auto but has a new/rebuilt/? tranny and the original that came out that he will throw in. He also has the gill panels, didn't ask why he took them off. It has 140K on the clock. Didn't ask why the tires/wheels are missing. Still may try to go look at it tomorrow. The wifey is sure giving me the look though.:leaving:

Don't be scared, Bill. Show her who the man of the house is. :D

Frizlefrak
04-07-2012, 10:38pm

Better fax him an RV to sleep in just in case this goes south.....:rofl:

Sweet 90
04-07-2012, 10:44pm

Or at least have 911 on speed dial.:)

PLRX
04-08-2012, 12:02am

That would be a hell of a FAX.

C4fan
04-08-2012, 8:44am

I did that once but she said "That's fine honey but I've have the check book":banghead:

Or at least have 911 on speed dial.:)

Around here we call that a 'pout house' and I've been through many a battle so I have one of those necklaces so I can just push the button.:lol:

Seriously, if I told her it was something I really wanted to do she wouldn't have a problem with it. The thing is we have been trying to sell our house in the country and buy closer to the city and that money would come from our savings for a new place.

Frizlefrak
04-08-2012, 10:45am
Skip the project Vette, get the house. There will always be more project Vettes....especially C4's.....in the future.