PDA

View Full Version : Hard Head = Soft Ass: Dad has son atone for theft on Denver curb

onedef92
03-30-2012, 8:19am
Dad has son atone for theft on Denver curb
Posted: Wed, Mar. 28, 2012, 10:10 PM

DENVER - A Colorado father who discovered his son took $100 from a relative's wallet has settled on an unusual punishment.

The Denver Post reports Joseph Gonzalez is having 12-year-old Jose spend hours of his spring break standing on a corner in downtown Denver with a bright yellow sign that says: "I am a thief. I took money from a family member."

Jose spent five hours on the curb Tuesday, with the elder Gonzalez keeping an eye on him from his nearby pawnshop. Gonzalez says the boy could be back on the curb Thursday.

Florida psychologist James Huysman, whose practice has included treating children publicly humiliated by reality-TV shows, contends children don't gain insight from such a public atonement.

theanswriz42
03-30-2012, 8:30am
Florida psychologist James Huysman, whose practice has included treating children publicly humiliated by reality-TV shows, contends children don't gain insight from such a public atonement.

I'm pretty sure that psychologist is an idiot.

Butterfly71
03-30-2012, 8:33am
I think it's great

VITE1
03-30-2012, 8:52am
Everyone must understand there are consequences to bad behavior.:seasix::shots:

vtelvr
03-30-2012, 9:58am
I'm pretty sure that psychologist is an idiot.

I would have to agree, and I would also agree with this fathers punishment. Public humiliation is a bitch, and maybe the kid learned something.:seasix: