PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels

LisaJohn
03-29-2012, 8:54pm
I saw the Blue Angels fly in this afternoon on my way home from work. The air show is here this weekend.

Rotorhead
03-29-2012, 9:01pm
I saw the Blue Angels fly in this afternoon on my way home from work. The air show is here this weekend.

One here in central FL as well. Last time I was in the air when they were flying was in the Marines. I was on a Marine helicopter flying into El Centro and we heard this over the VHF radio " Legacy 01 this is Blue Angel 04, we are inverted and coming underneath you". :eek: Shook the whole damn helicopter when they flew underneath us at what must have been a 50 foot seperation. We had to hold back one of our pilots when we landed or we would have been a pilot short on the way back. :D

LisaJohn
03-29-2012, 9:07pm
One here in central FL as well. Last time I was in the air when they were flying was in the Marines. I was on a Marine helicopter flying into El Centro and we heard this over the VHF radio " Legacy 01 this is Blue Angel 04, we are inverted and coming underneath you". :eek: Shook the whole damn helicopter when they flew underneath us at what must have been a 50 foot seperation. We had to hold back one of our pilots when we landed or we would have been a pilot short on the way back. :D

Wow!

Rotorhead
03-29-2012, 9:15pm
Wow!

El Centro is their training area, I guess they like to screw around with visitors.:slap:

boracayjohnny
03-29-2012, 9:18pm
You know the difference between God and a Fighter Pilot?

God doesn't try to tell you he's a Fighter Pilot.

Grey Ghost
03-29-2012, 9:19pm
Cool ! You should go to the show. I always go to the one in Atl. :seasix:

Rotorhead
03-29-2012, 9:24pm
Sun N Fun is here this weekend in Lakekand FL.

aj
03-29-2012, 9:30pm
I went to the Ft. Worth show last summer and for the first time there were only 3 Blue Jets flying. I have seen them have a problem and land the plane, move over to the 2 seat jet and finsish the show.

I have not been able to find a reason there were only 3. Oh, the 2 seat was just parked on the flight line.

LisaJohn
03-29-2012, 9:31pm
Cool ! You should go to the show. I always go to the one in Atl. :seasix:

I plan to go. It's Saturday and Sunday.

MEANZ06
03-29-2012, 9:38pm
I plan to go. It's Saturday and Sunday.

enjoy the show! they're great. I've seen them many times from the water on San Francisco bay :seasix: