PDA

View Full Version : PSA - Verizon spam/scam

khblair
03-27-2012, 6:35am
I had an interesting email and conversation with Verizon this morning….

According to Verizon customer service that I spoke with this morning, there are a few variations on emails that appear to be coming from Verizon. Some emails say that your account has been suspended, others that your bill is due in an amount of over $900 (that was the one that I received). The rep said that they are being told to advise customers not to click on any inside links (like the one that says view bill, that I clicked on). If you do, they are advising to log into Verizon and change your password immediately.

Here is a view of my email that woke me up a bit this morning…
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/vetteracer55/verizonbill.jpg

I just wanted to make you aware of this sneaky spammer and of what Verizon is telling their customers to save you some stress if you also get a $1000 phone bill.

i bought a new phone this weekend so i was sure the guy had screwed something up royally when he was having computer issues which made it even more of a possibility. :willy:

G8rDMD
03-27-2012, 6:49am
Fcuking thieves :mad:

What was the origination address of the email, I'm betting it wasn't an official Verizon domain

CP
03-27-2012, 7:26am

Uhhhhhhh, what exactly was stolen?

Bucwheat
03-27-2012, 7:28am
Thanks Kim,we use Verizon.:seasix:

khblair
03-27-2012, 7:54am

What was the origination address of the email, I'm betting it wasn't an official Verizon domain

When i clicked on the link it was not a verizon domain so thats when i closed it and went directly to verizon's website, saw nothing abnormal (actually have a 1c credit) and then called them. i changed my password for sanity sake

73sbVert
03-27-2012, 8:16am
When i clicked on the link it was not a verizon domain so thats when i closed it and went directly to verizon's website, saw nothing abnormal (actually have a 1c credit) and then called them. i changed my password for sanity sake

:seasix: Good job!

Blademaker
03-27-2012, 8:24am
And thats why I make Verizon send me a paper bill.
I ignore any email from that company/scammers.

pappytinker
03-27-2012, 8:25am
Anyone had any success forwarding messages like this to a website called SpamCop?

SpamCop.net - Beware of cheap imitations (http://www.spamcop.net/)