PDA

View Full Version : Speed test for u-verse

ft laud mike
03-26-2012, 5:23pm
Out of curiosity I ran a speedtest.net on the u-verse (advertised at 12 Mbs)
results at 6:15 p.m., which I would assume is a peak useage time:
11.51 Mb/s download, 1.48 Mb/s upload
I don't recall if there was an advertised up load speed.
Pretty happy so far
Combo with 300 channels tv + 1extra tv & dvr recording= $98/month

C5Nate
03-26-2012, 5:25pm
Been thinking about making the switch from Comcast.

Can they port my Comcast e-mails to ????

ft laud mike
03-26-2012, 5:28pm
Been thinking about making the switch from Comcast.

Can they port my Comcast e-mails to ????
?, I had their dsl before so I didn't have that come up
That's about what I get with the 12/1.5 package. I pay $30 a month (12 month promo pricing) for just internet.

:cert:, pretty much breaks down the same

mrvette
03-26-2012, 7:20pm
All you all would NOT beleive the recount of my ATT Uverse trials and tribulations...much less the totally scathing letter I sent to the CEO of them idiots in Dallas/FW Tx.....

I most likely have a file on it on this machine but really toooo lazy to find it....

anyone interested, I suspect I posted it here some months ago...

I wooden due buzziness with that disorganized bunch of idiots led by modern colleDge fools ever again, had my choice....

but I have kept Uverse .net service, their TV had more dropouts than a HS prom....

that entire episode cost me ever MORE hair outta my already bald head....

and to think I have relatives who worked with them decades ago, when ATT WAS ATT, not the horseshit outfit today....

:sadangel::sadangel::issues::datawiz:

RonC5
03-26-2012, 7:25pm
Just made the switch from Brighthouse to U-verse last Friday. So far, it has been flawless.

NeedSpeed
03-26-2012, 7:35pm
I've always got right at advertised. Every once in awhile it would be off, but a reset would cure it. I think it was my PC though.

Vette40th
03-26-2012, 8:09pm
I agree with the above post in respect to the PC. I think the gear you have in your house affects the performance of your internet.
If you have a N router vs a G router. What kind of nic card within your desktop etc/or wifi antenna within your laptop.. Lots of things, and the cables within the home make a little difference, so I have been told.

ft laud mike
03-26-2012, 10:31pm
I've always got right at advertised. Every once in awhile it would be off, but a reset would cure it. I think it was my PC though.
:bigears:, although I don't think I would sweat .49, if it drops more I might try it
I agree with the above post in respect to the PC. I think the gear you have in your house affects the performance of your internet.
If you have a N router vs a G router. What kind of nic card within your desktop etc/or wifi antenna within your laptop.. Lots of things, and the cables within the home make a little difference, so I have been told.

I had a router, but att installed their own wireless version