PDA

View Full Version : Trayvon news; “The epidemic is truly black on black crime,”

Mike Mercury
03-26-2012, 3:17pm
Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton and Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Trayvon Martin

Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

The conservative black pastor who was once the chapter president of the Garland, Texas NAACP called Jackson and Sharpton “race hustlers” and said they are “acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.”

Jackson, for example, recently said Martin’s death shows how “blacks are under attack” and “targeting, arresting, convicting blacks and ultimately killing us is big business.” (SEE ALSO: Jesse Jackson says Trayvon Martin ‘murdered and martyred’)

George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain, killed Martin, a 17-year-old black man who was unarmed at the time of his death, last month. Zimmerman has claimed to have shot Martin in self-defense and has not been charged with a crime.

But Bryant, who explores the topic of black-on-black crime in his new film “Runaway Slave,” said people like Jackson and Sharpton are being misleading to suggest there is an epidemic of “white men killing black young men.”

“The epidemic is truly black on black crime,” Bryant said. “The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So, will we expect to see Mr. Bryant interviewed on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC tonight ???

G8rDMD
03-26-2012, 3:21pm
He'll be denounced by the Black community and brushed under the carpet just like Bill Cosby :sadangel:

Racism will ALWAYS exist in some form, but the more it's talked about, the more strength it gains. Jackson and Sharpton are idiots :yesnod:

78SA
03-26-2012, 3:26pm
I hope his message gets spread like the news of that kids killing did.

Stangkiller
03-26-2012, 3:37pm
The Orlando Sentinel and other news outlets are really painting a very different picture than that which was originally reported. I sure hope this racial BS gets tossed aside and the facts of the case can be known/revealed.

Stangkiller
03-26-2012, 5:12pm
You mean the over-hyped crap from the MSM that panders do the left?

Don't hold your breath, sadly.

No, I pretty much get my news exclusively from Fox, even they were jumping on the band wagon.

78SA
03-26-2012, 5:28pm
So what really happened? :waiting:

Stangkiller
03-26-2012, 5:33pm
So what really happened? :waiting:

Who knows.

Joecooool
03-26-2012, 5:54pm
So what really happened? :waiting:Well, according to the 911 tape we do know a few things.

We know that Zimmerman called him a "F*cking Coon".

We know that Zimmerman was told not to follow him.

We know that at some point Zimmerman got out of his car and shot an un armed man.

But yea, for the rest of it, who knows.

BuckyThreadkiller
03-26-2012, 6:05pm
Well, according to the 911 tape we do know a few things.

We know that at some point Zimmerman got out of his car and shot an un armed man.

We also know the 17-year-old was 6'3" and was in the neighborhood because he was serving a 10-day suspension from school for allegedly bringing pot to school. An eyewitness saw him on top of Zimmerman pounding his head into the ground and Zimmerman had injuries to the back of his head consistent with that type of situation.

There are two sides to this story and we've only heard one.

78SA
03-26-2012, 6:38pm

I was wondering about the rest of the story. It's never as clear cut as the media first reports.

DJ_Critterus
03-26-2012, 6:41pm
No matter what, they'll plaster the pic of him from when he was 12y/o all over the place and make him out to be a saint. If the parents didn't want to bury their kid so early maybe they should have done a better job of parenting, but that wouldn't benefit Sharpton and Jackson now, would it?

badbirdcage
03-26-2012, 6:50pm
Only one living person knows the truth. Regardless of the outcome his life is as ruined as the dead person's is terminated. Media should shut up and let the facts be the deciding factor.

Does no one besides myself remember Al Sharpton's participation in the Tawana Brawley case from 1987? Sharpton accused a prosecuting attorney of kidnapping, abusing and raping Brawley. When the case was proven to be a hoax Sharpton was sued and ordered to pay $65,000.00 to that attorney. Johnnie Cochran and other benefactors paid the judgement as Sharpton refused and claimed no income. Today Sharpton has a TV show and is featured regularly on other TV shows as a commentator on racial issues in the US. Yes, that's right; that paragon of virtue Al Sharpton is viewed as an authority on racial issues. When confronted earlier this year on a TV broadcast concerning his lack of an apology for his part in the Brawley scandal he said that he wouldn't apologize as "it could have happened". Advised it was proven that it DIDN'T happen his response was "but it could have happened". What a great guy.

NB2K
03-26-2012, 7:58pm
I was wondering when a black leader would have the balls to acknoledge the real threat to young, black males.

It took awhile, but one showed up.

Blademaker
03-26-2012, 8:06pm
No matter what, they'll plaster the pic of him from when he was 12y/o all over the place and make him out to be a saint. If the parents didn't want to bury their kid so early maybe they should have done a better job of parenting, but that wouldn't benefit Sharpton and Jackson now, would it?

Nail/Head :seasix:

Grey Ghost
03-26-2012, 8:08pm
Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Facebook and Twitter accounts, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/trayvon-martin-shooting-details-emerge-facebook-twitter-accounts-180103647.html)

kylebuck
03-26-2012, 8:51pm
If he really was the good kid as the media has portrayed him then I'm sorry for this young
Mans death. Now if he was one of those ghetto assholes that I deal
With everyday. Good riddance.

Mike Mercury
03-26-2012, 9:17pm

There's an eye witness; and his story matches the security guards. This is why no charges have been filed.

I think the Black Panters would better use $10,000 to hire someone that can read; maybe they would get the facts straight.

Aflac
03-26-2012, 9:24pm
i have learned that there are 3 sides to every story. A,B and the truth. the truth is always a mixture of A&B, but not all of the truth is A or B's story....

VITE1
03-26-2012, 9:25pm

WRONG thats SOMEONES interpretation.
They did not Order him not to follow Is was a suggestion.

He got out of his car. Then was sucker punched, laying on his back with his head being bounced off the Concrete sidewalk.

Get your facts straight.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1ISS_blog.html

Posted at 03:55 PM ET, 03/21/2012
Sanford, Fla., explains why George Zimmerman was not arrested

By Elizabeth Flock

Under mounting pressure, the city of Sanford, Fla., has released a letter to the public about why George Zimmerman, who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager in the city last month, was not arrested. The letter calls the death of Trayvon Martin “morally appalling.”

A 2005 mug shot of George Zimmerman, released by the Orange County jail in Florida. (AFP/GETTY IMAGES) “Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense, which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony,” the letter, signed by Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr., says. “By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time.” (Caps are theirs.)
The letter goes on to address a number of questions that Bonaparte says the city has received repeatedly the last month.

Celebrities, politicians, African American leaders and civil rights leaders and online petitions have all called for Zimmerman’s arrest. Zimmerman’s father maintains that “at no time did George follow or confront . . . Martin.”

Among the questions is whether Zimmerman broke any laws in holding a concealed weapon as a neighborhood watchman. The letter says that because Zimmerman had a permit to carry a weapon in a concealed manner, he broke no laws in having a gun. Some activists have used this case as leverage to lobby for stricter gun control laws in Florida.

The letter also addresses the 911 calls released this past weekend, in which Zimmerman tells the dispatcher he is going to follow Martin and the dispatcher responds: “You don’t need to do that.” Many people have asked whether that exchange can be used in the investigation. According to the letter, the dispatcher’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Zimmerman would have been required to follow.

Finally, the letter seeks to assuage some of the anger directed at Sanford. Many have accused the city of racism.

“As a father, I can only image the pain Trayvon’s family must be going though,” writes Bonaparte. “Although the Police Department is the target of the troubling questions, let me assure you we too feel the pain of this senseless tragedy that has dramatically affected our community.”

The city is now being assisted by the U.S. Department of Justice and FBI, which have opened a criminal investigation into Martin’s death.

Torqaholic
03-26-2012, 9:59pm
people like Jackson and Sharpton are being misleading to suggest there is an epidemic of “white men killing black young men.”

Even after Zimmerman's family denied that he was white they kept pumping out this lie... Takes a special kind of stupid to do that :rofl:

Cybercowboy
03-26-2012, 10:05pm

Not you!

VITE1
03-26-2012, 10:07pm
Even after Zimmerman's family denied that he was white they kept pumping out this lie... Takes a special kind of stupid to do that :rofl:

It calculated to bring out the guilt in the whites in America to keep the money flowing to pay for the 72% of Black kids born out of wedlock.

Al and Jessie along with the progressive left NEED poor blacks to keep feeling the Whites hate them and are out to get them. That keeps them voting Dem. And keeps the money flowing to the Dem's.

More black kids were killed by other black kids in the last few days than all the blacks killed by whites YTD. Yet They will not try and stop them. That helps them by keeping their slaves quite on the government plantation.

Joecooool
03-26-2012, 10:17pm
Get your facts straight.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1ISS_blog.html

My facts are straight.

For the rest of you, shame on you. The kid died because some asshole thought he was Charles Bronson. Everyone should be appalled that this kid was killed like this. It's fu*king disgusting.

Joecooool
03-26-2012, 10:21pm
Only one living person knows the truth. Regardless of the outcome his life is as ruined as the dead person's is terminated.
Bullshit. He moves to Alabama or Mississippi and he could run for Governor.

Hell, they would probably make him a moderator over at the CF.

I suspect he will have a show on Fox News come next summer.

Torqaholic
03-27-2012, 12:40am
My facts are straight.

For the rest of you, shame on you. The kid died because some asshole thought he was Charles Bronson. Everyone should be appalled that this kid was killed like this. It's fu*king disgusting.

I'm appalled he didn't empty the magazine into his attacker. This guy has someone sitting on his chest pumping his head into the concrete and he only fires one shot? :slap:

VITE1
03-27-2012, 6:12am
My facts are straight.

Keep believing that. Thats why we have these problems.

It's because of people like you that kids like him get killed. Its because of the Progressive mantra that has driven crime rates, Unwed mothers rates and the death rates of black kids up due to your support of the nanny state.

This Kid DIED because the crime rate in that Majority Minority neighborhood skyrocketed. And most of the suspects were young Black men.

This kids death is unfortunate. But to lay it at the feet of those of us who applaud our neighborers for watching out for us is disgusting.

Stangkiller
03-27-2012, 6:48am
My facts are straight.

That's the story al sharpton wants us t believe. I'm no so sure the kid is so innocent. Just because he was unarmed doesn't mean he wasn't up to no good.

If Zimmerman was un injured, I'd still believe the same story you do. But considering there was an altercation, I'm not beginning to wonder if what Zimmerman AND the other eye witnesses are saying might have some merit.

I really suggest we all keep an open mind and heart on this case until the police finish their investigation.

Z06David
03-27-2012, 7:13am
It's funny how immediately it's about race, everyone jumps on the whites attacking blacks bandwagon and the dude is hispanic and comes from a hispanic/black family

Bucwheat
03-27-2012, 7:20am
Niel Boortz calls Jackson and Sharpton race baiters,and that sums it up pretty well.We all knew if Sharpton got involved it would become a circus.

VatorMan
03-27-2012, 7:25am
It's funny how immediately it's about race, everyone jumps on the whites attacking blacks bandwagon and the dude is hispanic and comes from a hispanic/black family

:yesnod:

04 commemorative
03-27-2012, 7:26am
Bullshit. He moves to Alabama or Mississippi and he could run for Governor.

Hell, they would probably make him a moderator over at the CF.

I suspect he will have a show on Fox News come next summer.

He would get banned at CF

VITE1
03-27-2012, 7:27am

:iagree:
Federal Statistics of black on white violence, with links and mathematical extrapolation formulas. - Lafayette Political Buzz | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-lafayette/federal-statistics-of-black-on-white-violence-with-links-and-mathematical-extrapolation-formulas)

The “New Century Foundation” studies Federal crime reports, and found significant differences in crime ratio between races, verified by the FBI’s NCVS, National Crime Victimization Survey, and The Department of Justice’s UCR, Uniform Crime Reports, FBI Communication’s Division, 304-625-4995.

They state emphatically that the Judicial System is not biased against minorities.

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are three times more likely to use a hand gun, and twice more likely to use a knife.

Hispanics commit three times more violent crimes than whites, but the statistics are nebulous because sometimes they are classified as white, so it could be far higher.

The best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percent of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit a robbery.

Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic.

Blacks are seven times more likely to go to prison, Hispanics three times, and the reason is clear, because from 1980 to 2003 the US incarceration rate has tripled, and so proves that Justice is not only hard won, but well served.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Federal Statistics of black on white violence, with links and mathematical extrapolation formulas. - Lafayette Political Buzz | Examiner.com Federal Statistics of black on white violence, with links and mathematical extrapolation formulas. - Lafayette Political Buzz | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-lafayette/federal-statistics-of-black-on-white-violence-with-links-and-mathematical-extrapolation-formulas#ixzz1qJs2daNJ)

Mike Mercury
03-27-2012, 8:07am

well... well... well; what a cute list you made there. You left out a bunch of other facts... intentionally.

Expect a telegram from the Pollitboro; I'm certain you have won a major award :rolleyes:

Seriously JC; do you think those old 20th century tactics.... still work in the 21st century?

onedef92
03-27-2012, 8:18am
New claims cast Trayvon Martin as the aggressor

March 27, 2012 — SANFORD, Fla. — A slain Florida teenager and the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed him exchanged words before the teen punched him in the nose and began banging the man's head on the ground, according to the watch captain's account of the confrontation that led to the shooting.

The Orlando Sentinel reported that George Zimmerman told police he lost 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in the neighborhood he regularly patrolled and was walking back to his vehicle last month when the youth approached him from behind.

The two exchanged words, Zimmerman said, and Martin then punched him, jumped on top of him and began banging his head on a sidewalk. Zimmerman said he began crying for help; Martin's family thinks it was their son who was crying out. Witness accounts differ and 911 tapes in which the voices are heard are not clear.

A statement from Sanford police said the newspaper story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors. Because Martin was black and Zimmerman has a white father and Hispanic mother, the case has become a racial flashpoint that has civil rights leaders and others leading a series of protests in Sanford and around the country. Zimmerman said he shot Martin in self-defense and has not been arrested.

Meanwhile, Martin's parents are blaming police for leaking information about their son being suspended for marijuana and details about the fight he had with Zimmerman that portrayed the teen as the aggressor.

Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, and family attorneys said Monday that it was part of an effort to demonize her son. "They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation," Fulton told reporters.

Martin was suspended by Miami-Dade County schools because traces of marijuana were found in a plastic baggie in his book bag, family spokesman Ryan Julison said. Martin was serving the suspension when he was shot Feb. 26.

The Sanford Police Department insisted there was no authorized release of the new information but acknowledged there may have been a leak. City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr. said it would be investigated and the person responsible could be fired.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said the link between the youth and marijuana should have no bearing on the probe into his shooting death. State and federal agencies are investigating, with a grand jury set to convene April 10.

"If he and his friends experimented with marijuana, that is completely irrelevant," Crump said. "What does it have to do with killing their son?" The state Department of Juvenile Justice confirmed Monday that Martin does not have a juvenile offender record. The information came after a public records request by The Associated Press.

Despite the news of Martin's possible actions the night of the shooting, rallies demanding the arrest of the 28-year-old Zimmerman spread from Florida to Indiana. Thousands rallied Monday on the steps of the Georgia state Capitol. The crowd chanted "I am Trayvon!" and "Arrest Zimmerman now!" The protest ended with the crowd linking hands and singing, "We Shall Overcome."

Students from Morehouse College, Spelman College and Clark Atlanta University encouraged their fellow students to talk to their lawmakers about gun laws. Students wore hoodies that said, "I am Trayvon Martin" and lofted signs reading, "Don't shoot!" and "I could be next."

"We're humans, and even more so, we're American citizens, and we have the expectation that justice will be delivered," said Ronnie Mosley, 20, a student at Morehouse who helped organize the rally. Back in Sanford, city officials named a 23-year veteran of the police department as acting chief. The appointment of Capt. Darren Scott, who is African-American, came days after Chief Bill Lee, who is white, temporarily stepped down as the agency endured withering criticism over its handling of the case.

"I know each one of you — and everyone watching — would like to have a quick, positive resolution to this recent event," Scott told reporters. "I urge everyone to let the system take its course." The Sanford City Commission held its first meeting Monday since giving Lee a no confidence vote, which led to his ouster. Martin's parents both addressed the panel, urging them to take steps to arrest Zimmerman. More than 500 people crowded into the meeting, which was moved from City Hall to the Sanford Civil Center.

"We are asking for justice," said Tracy Martin, the teenager's father. Civil rights leader Al Sharpton warned commissioners that Sanford risked becoming a 21st century version of civil rights struggle in the South during the 1960s.

Sharpton said Martin's parents endured "insults and lies" Monday over reports that their son attacked Zimmerman. Also Monday, an attorney for Martin's mother confirmed that she filed trademark applications for two slogans containing her son's name: "Justice for Trayvon" and "I Am Trayvon." The applications said the trademarks could be used for such things as DVDs and CDs.

The trademark attorney, Kimra Major-Morris, said in an email that Fulton wants to protect intellectual property rights for "projects that will assist other families who experience similar tragedies." Asked if Fulton had any profit motive, the attorney replied: "None."

onedef92
03-27-2012, 8:23am
“The epidemic is truly black on black crime,” Bryant said. “The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men.”

Truth right there. We tell our son (and daughter) that all the time. You can keep your nose clean or you can run with the knucklehead crowd.

Either way, there will be consequences and you won't be able to say you patterned your bad decisions after what you saw me and your mother do, either!

Mike Mercury
03-27-2012, 8:40am
more Travon info that the left is sure to pretend doesn't exist:

a new picture of the victim—culled from the 17-year-old's Twitter account and witness testimony leaked from local law enforcement—has emerged.

"With a single punch," the Orlando Sentinel, citing police sources, reported Monday, "Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer ... climbed on top of [him] and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered."

"That is the account Zimmerman gave police," the paper said, "and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say."

Florida teenager Trayvon Martin was allegedly suspended from school after security officers found what they described as a 'burglary tool' and women’s jewellery in his backpack.
Although the school officially suspended Trayvon in October for grafitti, after he and some friends wrote ‘W.T.F.’ on a school locker, the Miami Herald claims that the real reason was that he was caught with a 'burglary tool' - a flathead screwdriver - and 12 items of jewellery. Martin insisted that they did not belong to him.

Trayvon was kicked out of school a total of three times, according to the documents: First for truancy and tardiness, then in October for the graffiti and finally in February after he was found with a 'marijuana pipe' and an empty baggie with traces of marijuana.

The punishment was the third for the teen. On Monday, the family also said Trayvon had earlier been suspended for tardiness and truancy.

the shooter was himself a minority.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/26/article-2120504-1258523D000005DC-944_296x403.jpg

8Up
03-27-2012, 8:47am
I have never met, nor do I currently have, a black friend who doesnt roll their eyes when I ask about Rev Al or J.J. I guess the folks that do agree with them wouldnt look to be friends with me.

island14
03-27-2012, 8:59am
I really suggest we all keep an open mind and heart on this case until the police finish their investigation.

:iagree:

We hear stuff from both sides, I think if anything... the pressure from the press will be for Zimmerman to be charged more so than to let him off.

Off the top of my head from what I have read, it sounds like Zimmerman was a real "wanna be batman cop" and overzealous.

At this point I wont believe anything Zimmerman says himself.

But if true from what the witnesses are saying, and Zimmerman was attacked...

It was a justified shooting.. like it or not.. :yesnod:

Sad to hear the young man lost his life though either way. :sadangel:

VITE1
03-27-2012, 9:01am
well... well... well; what a cute list you made there. You left out a bunch of other facts... intentionally.

Expect a telegram from the Pollitboro; I'm certain you have won a major award :rolleyes:

Seriously JC; do you think those old 20th century tactics.... still work in the 21st century?

Alinskys rule number 10

Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" for dummies - Sleepless in Midland (http://sleepless.blogs.com/george/2009/08/alinskys-rules-for-radicals-for-dummies.html)

RULE 10: "If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive." Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management's wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)

Number 12 is being used now.
RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
Leftist activists cannot directly attack Middle class taxpaying Americans without alienating a large portion of the left leaning independent base. So they personalize and attack on this one individual.