PDA

View Full Version : FUZZy Logic: Ohio troopers, boss at odds over short sleeves

onedef92
03-26-2012, 8:16am
Ohio troopers, boss at odds over short sleeves
Posted: Fri, Mar. 23, 2012, 3:04 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio state troopers are hot under the collar in a dispute over who determines when they can switch from long-sleeved to short-sleeved uniforms.

The Columbus Dispatch newspaper reports record-high spring temperatures prompted the troopers' union to request the change earlier than specified in their contract.

Patrol superintendent Col. John Born told the union on Thursday the troopers could switch early only if management gets to make the call in future years. Troopers opted to stick with long sleeves and ties.

The contract says short-sleeved, open-collared uniforms can be worn from April 15 to Nov. 1.

Union president Larry Phillips says when the long-sleeved Ohio State Highway Patrol uniform is worn with a tie and a protective vest, a trooper's body temperature rises "significantly," especially in 80-degree weather.

A patrol spokeswoman says the superintendent is following the contract.

Bucwheat
03-26-2012, 8:23am
Bet that super don't wear a vest.:slap:

GS Ragtop
03-26-2012, 8:25am
When you decide that most aspects of a job need to be spelled out in a contract, this is what you get.

Mike Mercury
03-26-2012, 11:49am
When you decide that most aspects of a job need to be spelled out in a contract, this is what you get.

http://www.tim-yvonne.com/gif/bell1.gif

DAB
03-26-2012, 2:07pm
I get to choose what I wear each day.

Allan
03-26-2012, 6:30pm
Crybaby traffic cops. The cruiser has a/c.

Bill
03-26-2012, 7:34pm

This.

/thread

Rotorhead
03-26-2012, 7:55pm

:iagree:

AU Eagle
03-29-2012, 4:21pm
I always thought the OHSP dressed pretty sharp.