PDA

View Full Version : Can-Am ATV: Anybody own one?

NB2K
03-25-2012, 9:23pm
Like?
Dislike?

bearstrail
03-25-2012, 9:47pm
Like?
Dislike?

I had an Outlander 500 XT till last Fall. Would have loved to have kept it but needed cash to buy a new truck. Owned it for 3 years and had a great time with it. Used it for trail riding and had a snow plow on it as well. Performed very well in both roles. They tend to run hotter then Yamaha's, but damn was that thing fast. You can't really go wrong with the Can-Am and Yamaha for riding and a Honda for a work horse.

DaveK88
03-26-2012, 9:16am
I have never driven one. I do have a friend that dose and he loves it. He said after getting use to the way it leans in turns it's a lot of fun to drive.

NB2K
03-26-2012, 9:48am
I saw one I really liked, but for the price, the six month warranty was kinda weak.

That may be the case w/ all of 'em, I'm not sure.

bearstrail
03-26-2012, 3:39pm
I saw one I really liked, but for the price, the six month warranty was kinda weak.

That may be the case w/ all of 'em, I'm not sure.
One year was the standard warranty when I bought, but Can-Am had an incentive to extend it to 3 years. You're shopping at a really cruddy time time of the year. If you can hang out till the Fall/Winter you'll be able to pick up a great deal on a season old when they're really dealing.