PDA

View Full Version : Good news for MEC5Lady...

LilRedCorvette
03-24-2012, 10:20pm
Eating a small square of dark chocolate three to four times a week may be 25 times as effective as taking statins for preventing heart disease, says Dr. Teitelbaum.

Natural Alternatives to the Top 5 Most Prescribed Drugs | Yahoo! Health (http://health.yahoo.net/articles/healthcare/photos/natural-alternatives-top-5-most-prescribed-drugs#2)

:hurray: :dance:

DAB
03-24-2012, 10:22pm
She'll live forever in that case.

JRD77VET
03-24-2012, 10:24pm
I'll have to let Mary know to put dark chocolate on the grocery list. :hurray:

LilRedCorvette
03-24-2012, 10:34pm
I'll have to let Mary know to put dark chocolate on the grocery list. :hurray:

Now that's one 'medicine' I would have NO problem taking regularly! :D

BTW, how's Mary doing with her radiation/chemo treatments?

LilRedCorvette
03-24-2012, 10:34pm
She'll live forever in that case.

:rofl: :seasix:

Butterfly71
03-25-2012, 9:54am

What she said :angel:

99 pewtercoupe
03-25-2012, 12:18pm
Went out to dinner Friday night and ordered creme brulle for desert. When they brought it out I wondered about the funky spoon that came with it. Turned out the "spoon" was solid chocolate and had been chilled to keep it hard enought to eat the creme brulle and then eat the spoon when you were done.

Rotorhead
03-25-2012, 1:14pm
I have already had the briefing from my wife on the benefits of dark chocalate. she says it is good for her, I just agree.

MEC5LADY
03-25-2012, 4:04pm
:dance: I think I'll eat some chocolate to celebrate the good news! It's a good thing the chocolate powder Karin send me is dark chocolate I may just live forever. I wonder if you can snort it?:leaving:

99 pewtercoupe
03-25-2012, 4:14pm
: I wonder if you can snort it?:leaving:

We have this kid that works in the office who will do almost anything for $5 . He bet one of the guys that he could snort a roll of Smarties candy.
We figured this would be worth $5 for the entertainment value. Kid grinds up a whole roll of Smarties, takes a Bic pen and snorts the whole roll. Hits the floor saying his nose is on fire, cant breath etc. One of the ladies standing becide me has 911 dialed on her phone but hadn't hit call yet. After a couple of minutes of just blowing his nose out as hard as he could he said he ws Ok.
Tough way to make a buck. I am sure if he lived in your area you would probably see him sooner or later in your place of work.

JRD77VET
03-25-2012, 8:06pm

What she said :angel:

http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/30896-one-down-twentynine-more-go.html

:seasix:

Blademaker
03-25-2012, 8:28pm
One of my favorite desserts is dark chocolate squares with merlot.
Yeah, it sounds gross, but the red wine brings out the intense flavors of dark chocolate.

Red Wine and Chocolate -- Decadence, in a good way | Yakima Herald-Republic (http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2012/02/15/red-wine-and-chocolate-decadence-in-a-good-way)

One of many articles.

LilRedCorvette
03-25-2012, 8:42pm
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/off-topic/30896-one-down-twentynine-more-go.html

:seasix:

That 3/25/12 update was exactly what I was hoping to see! :seasix: :angel:

LilRedCorvette
03-25-2012, 8:43pm
Went out to dinner Friday night and ordered creme brulle for desert. When they brought it out I wondered about the funky spoon that came with it. Turned out the "spoon" was solid chocolate and had been chilled to keep it hard enought to eat the creme brulle and then eat the spoon when you were done.

That sounds heavenly :angel: :cool:

LilRedCorvette
03-25-2012, 8:48pm
One of my favorite desserts is dark chocolate squares with merlot.
Yeah, it sounds gross, but the red wine brings out the intense flavors of dark chocolate.

Red Wine and Chocolate -- Decadence, in a good way | Yakima Herald-Republic (http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2012/02/15/red-wine-and-chocolate-decadence-in-a-good-way)

One of many articles.

Went to a wine tasting years ago and they were demonstrating the effects of different foods and wine together. They served some savory snacks and some chocolate cookies with red wine...the effects were amazing! The red wine really does work well with chocolate.

Seems dark chocolate and red wine (in moderation, of course :D) are good for you! :seasix:

Blademaker
03-25-2012, 8:50pm
Seems dark chocolate and red wine (in moderation, of course :D) are good for you! :seasix:

This is true......but it is mighty tempting to grab a 1 lb bar of chocolate and a fifth of red wine and go for broke. :D

99 pewtercoupe
03-25-2012, 9:09pm
This is true......but it is mighty tempting to grab a 1 lb bar of chocolate and a fifth of red wine and go for broke. :D

Sounds like something my wife would say. Chocolate and wine...

MEC5LADY
03-26-2012, 7:41am

I really liked the way you think.:dance:

Bucwheat
03-26-2012, 8:33am
I can handle that:hurray:

onedef92
03-26-2012, 8:35am
Yup. The darker the berry (or bean) the sweeter the juice.