PDA

View Full Version : The worlds fastest Lotus 680RWHP in a 2150 lb car

JRD77VET
03-24-2012, 7:38pm
The World's Fastest Lotus? - YouTube

Better horsepower per lb than a Veyron :cool1:

Frank's Lotus makes 680 wheel horsepower with a twin-charged 1.8L engine; giving it a better power-to-weight ratio than Mario Andretti's Formula One Lotus.

78SA
03-24-2012, 8:04pm
:seasix:

jeff w
03-24-2012, 8:07pm
damn!

Datawiz
03-24-2012, 8:11pm
Nice.

I would like to drive that car.

Unfortunately, I would not fit. :(

Taught 2 Porsche Turbo drivers today to be MUCH MUCH faster than they were with their morning instructors. :yesnod:

I'm pretty sure we have 2 new regulars to our events. :hurray:

Both of them in their $165,000 cars got immensely faster with my instruction, but in the end, the C6Z blew both of them away and left them breathless. They both want more. :yesnod:

The faster of the two drivers ran an 81 second lap. The other was 85. Mine ran 69. :leaving:

I did not drive either of their cars. I'm pretty sure I will be allowed to the next time they come out. One manual, one automatic. Both fun, but I'll still take the manual. :yesnod:

GRN ENVY
03-24-2012, 8:15pm
That car is awesome. I want one

Marc
03-24-2012, 8:22pm
Wow :cert::cert:

MEANZ06
03-24-2012, 8:33pm
I definitely would rock that but, its friggin fugly as hell...

JRD77VET
03-24-2012, 8:57pm
I definitely would rock that but, its friggin fugly as hell...

The guy didn't build it to be pretty.

MEANZ06
03-24-2012, 9:03pm
The guy didn't build it to be pretty.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/meanz06/captain-obvious.jpg

:dance:

:D :cert:

Blademaker
03-24-2012, 9:34pm
:cool2:

Ryan Bell
03-24-2012, 10:08pm
That is AWESOME. Wow. Forget horsepower to weight ratio....what's the horsepower to DISPLACEMENT ratio?? That's ridiculous!!

ApexOversteer
03-25-2012, 12:46am
I wonder where Frank flaps his gums these days... he's banned from a few different forums I know of, for spewing crap at people, challenging them to races and then backing out when they *surprise* don't want to race on Mullholland Drive and suggest a more secluded bit of tarmac, one that he doesn't drive all weekend, every weekend. Then he goes to a different forum and drops a crock about these guys who don't feel like racing 1000hp cars against his Elise up a crowded, heavily patrolled public road being cowards.

Nice car, but the guy is a f*cking twinkie.

JRD77VET
03-25-2012, 6:48pm
I wonder where Frank flaps his gums these days... he's banned from a few different forums I know of, for spewing crap at people, challenging them to races and then backing out when they *surprise* don't want to race on Mullholland Drive and suggest a more secluded bit of tarmac, one that he doesn't drive all weekend, every weekend. Then he goes to a different forum and drops a crock about these guys who don't feel like racing 1000hp cars against his Elise up a crowded, heavily patrolled public road being cowards.

:lolsmile:

vetteman9368
03-25-2012, 6:54pm
That car is awesome. I want one

It's even gnome sized

kingpin
03-25-2012, 6:57pm

Was he the one that got into it with AllanLambo at Lambopower aboot racing in the canyons?

GRN ENVY
03-25-2012, 6:59pm
It's even gnome sized

:lol: Even better

Y2Kvert4me
03-25-2012, 7:05pm
Then he goes to a different forum and drops a crock about these guys who don't feel like racing 1000hp cars against his Elise up a crowded, heavily patrolled public road being cowards.*Exige

:leaving:

ApexOversteer
03-25-2012, 7:40pm
*Exige

:leaving:

It was born an Elise.

Frizzle
03-25-2012, 7:42pm
I could of used this on my trips through the Catskills, Adirondack, and Green Mountains this weekend.

The SI did alright, but I was craving some more power :drivingskid:

ApexOversteer
03-25-2012, 7:52pm
Was he the one that got into it with AllanLambo at Lambopower aboot racing in the canyons?

That's him. He also accused Allan of attempting to run him over, but when the video came out it showed him jumping towards Allan's car, then he went to F-Chat and started calling people out and got banned there. He's also banned from 6Speed, or TeamSpeed or L4P or one of those douchbag wannabe forums, for the same thing, lying and trolling.

The guy is a DCV-level schmuck. Sometimes doucherockets drive/build nice cars.

Frizzle
03-25-2012, 8:03pm
That's him. He also accused Allan of attempting to run him over, but when the video came out it showed him jumping towards Allan's car, then he went to F-Chat and started calling people out and got banned there. He's also banned from 6Speed, or TeamSpeed or L4P or one of those douchbag wannabe forums, for the same thing, lying and trolling.

Sounds like he belongs on a forum that most people here just browse these days.

kingpin
03-25-2012, 8:08pm

What's your user name there?
I love going to that place and seeing the weekly drama take place. :lol:
I barely post(may have 2-3) there.

ApexOversteer
03-25-2012, 10:42pm
What's your user name there?
I love going to that place and seeing the weekly drama take place. :lol:
I barely post(may have 2-3) there.

I'm ApexOversteer everywhere I go. I don't post much on L-Power, I prefer the vintage Lamborghini discussion on F-Chat.

Rotorhead
03-25-2012, 10:56pm
Cool car! Bad commentator.

Joecooool
03-26-2012, 9:06am
Having owned more than one Elise and more than one 700 hp car, I'd say that combination is something that will eventually kill the driver.

LilRedCorvette
03-26-2012, 4:21pm
Having owned more than one Elise and more than one 700 hp car, I'd say that combination is something that will eventually kill the driver.

I would not mind going out that way. Beats wasting away in a nursing home...
:ack:

DJ_Critterus
03-26-2012, 4:35pm

From the sound of things I'd think being an asshole will get him killed first.

ApexOversteer
03-26-2012, 4:54pm
From the sound of things I'd think being an asshole will get him killed first.

Yeah, but he's also a coward.

I would imagine he'll end up hitting a bicycle rider, or tourist, or fly off the canyon somewhere around Mulholland.

DJ_Critterus
03-26-2012, 5:03pm

I would imagine he'll end up hitting a bicycle rider, or tourist, or fly off the canyon somewhere around Mulholland.

What are the odds and who's playing bookie?

...Whitepower...
04-17-2012, 10:49am
How Did The 'World?s Fastest Lotus' Crash Into A Freeway Wall? (http://jalopnik.com/5902400/how-did-the-worlds-fastest-lotus-crash-into-a-freeway-wall?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)

Stangkiller
04-17-2012, 10:56am
How Did The 'World?s Fastest Lotus' Crash Into A Freeway Wall? (http://jalopnik.com/5902400/how-did-the-worlds-fastest-lotus-crash-into-a-freeway-wall?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Why do I find this so funny? With that kind of power in that tiny car, my money's on there's A LOT more to the story.

...Whitepower...
04-17-2012, 10:58am
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Why do I find this so funny? With that kind of power in that tiny car, my money's on there's A LOT more to the story.

Whatever... C@nt.. :D

Stangkiller
04-17-2012, 11:00am
Whatever... C@nt.. :D

Ok Ok, so I was out cruising my Porsche in the land of fruits and nuts, and just felt like putting this annoying ricer into the wall.

The f'ker wouldn't stop trying to race me. I mean what would you have done? :confused5:

ApexOversteer
04-17-2012, 5:11pm
I wonder what his insurance adjuster will think when he gets a look at the car. I'm sure the jackhole has disclosed all the mods, and the non-DOT tires...

BTW: He wasn't hit from behind, he changed lanes into the other car. His story is slightly different depending on what forum you're reading. In one he says the Porsche did him "like a PIT maneuver", and he mentions "tire marks down the side of the car" in others.

I'm betting he was racing the Porsche, and the Porsche was going for the left hand lane the same time jackhole went for it, without checking his blind spot.

Nemesis
04-17-2012, 5:29pm
His engine builder doesn't even speak highly of him.

I find it interesting that he is pushing 700hp but is still running 4 lug wheels.

...Whitepower...
04-17-2012, 5:53pm
I find it interesting that he is pushing 700hp but is still running 4 lug wheels.

Werd. Even Fox body guys know to swap out to 5 lugs.:kick:

Loco Vette
04-17-2012, 10:49pm

OK, who had 21 days in the pool? :D

onedef92
04-18-2012, 11:40am
Love the 'Vette at the beginning of the vid. The Cancun slims in the corner screen's hittin' too.