PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Florida CCW Today.....

Jeff '79
03-23-2012, 5:39pm
I got my non-resident Florida CCW permit card in the mail today.
I took the course on Feb 18th, mailed the application on Feb. 20th, and 4 weeks, 5 days later, I have it, on March 23... A little over a month is acceptable...
I mailed the Utah permit application in on the same day, and I'm still waiting, although, from what I hear, it will be here any day now.
I applied for my home state , NYS, on January 31st....It could be the end of summer before I see that one...That's unacceptable....

G8rDMD
03-23-2012, 5:41pm
You're lucky. When I got my FL CCW, it took over 90 days to get it after submitting all the materials. That was right after Obama had taken office and the CCW instructors said there had been a flood of applicants :rofl:

DAB
03-23-2012, 5:43pm
i'm taking the NM concealed carry class this weekend (state mandated 15 hour course, including range time - (25 shots at a 12x18 target at 3 and 7 yards, need to hit it 70% of the time, no time limit). will then submit my application mon/tues in person and wait.

NM is an open carry state, but they do not recognize the utah non-resident permit, and pretty sure same for FL non res. permit.

:thehandle:

Jeff '79
03-23-2012, 5:45pm
i'm taking the NM concealed carry class this weekend (state mandated 15 hour course, including range time - (25 shots at a 12x18 target at 3 and 7 yards, need to hit it 70% of the time, no time limit). will then submit my application mon/tues in person and wait.

NM is an open carry state, but they do not recognize the utah non-resident permit, and pretty sure same for FL non res. permit.

:thehandle:

Have fun !.....:seasix:

Bill
03-23-2012, 5:49pm
I got my non-resident Florida CCW permit card in the mail today.
I took the course on Feb 18th, mailed the application on Feb. 20th, and 4 weeks, 5 days later, I have it, on March 23... A little over a month is acceptable...
I mailed the Utah permit application in on the same day, and I'm still waiting, although, from what I hear, it will be here any day now.
I applied for my home state , NYS, on January 31st....It could be the end of summer before I see that one...That's unacceptable....

You aiming (pun intended) to collect the whole set?

PortDawg
03-23-2012, 5:55pm
Mrs PortDawg got hers (Virginia)in the mail today...so proud of her...Got her citizenship, then her CCW...Could not be prouder...:seasix:

Jeff '79
03-23-2012, 5:56pm
You aiming (pun intended) to collect the whole set?

:rofl: No, but with those three permits, I will be allowed to carry concealed, in 34 of 50 states, as they have reciprocity with other states.
I'll be able to drive cross country, and not worry about breaking down my pistol before I cross a state line. Not that I would anyway, but it's really nothing to mess with, and peace of mind with Johnny law is something I want.

Vet4jdc
03-23-2012, 6:13pm
Mrs PortDawg got hers (Virginia)in the mail today...so proud of her...Got her citizenship, then her CCW...Could not be prouder...:seasix:

pics of Mrs PortDawg's guns? :D

Sea Six
03-23-2012, 6:21pm
Jeff'79, thank you for carrying, Sir.

:patriot:

PortDawg
03-23-2012, 6:47pm
pics of Mrs PortDawg's guns? :D

Best I can do...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/412802_4349505614894_1205209339_102524686_650528281_o.jpg

Stangkiller
03-23-2012, 6:56pm
I got married last Saturday, the marriage license arrived today...yup less than a week!

Torqaholic
03-23-2012, 7:12pm
:rofl: No, but with those three permits, I will be allowed to carry concealed, in 34 of 50 states, as they have reciprocity with other states.
I'll be able to drive cross country, and not worry about breaking down my pistol before I cross a state line. Not that I would anyway, but it's really nothing to mess with, and peace of mind with Johnny law is something I want.

My state does not recognize non-resident permits. Pays to be aware of that :seasix:

Jeff '79
03-23-2012, 7:17pm
My state does not recognize non-resident permits. Pays to be aware of that :seasix:

Ya, I know...Either does mine, in NYC or Long Island, where you'd prolly need it most.

Sea Six
03-23-2012, 7:18pm

They'll recognize mine. :coolest:

VITE1
03-23-2012, 7:23pm
It took Four long days for my application in NH to be approved. And it's valid in FL. Dump NY .

Torqaholic
03-23-2012, 7:34pm
They'll recognize mine. :coolest:

You're referring to a federal statute? We're talking about state regs :D

Meeko87
03-23-2012, 7:41pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Plain-Bagel.jpg/250px-Plain-Bagel.jpg

NB2K
03-23-2012, 7:52pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Plain-Bagel.jpg/250px-Plain-Bagel.jpg

dude, wtf?

every thread?:D

PortDawg
03-23-2012, 7:56pm

:skia:

Jeff '79
03-23-2012, 7:58pm

Clearly the size of his bunghole after his boys got done with him today...No :slap:one likes a bragger.....

Issues
03-24-2012, 8:24am

Stay away from Illinois and the city of Chicago. :nono:

VITE1
03-24-2012, 8:35am
I just looked up the stats the give reciprocity for Florida Resident CCW and its huge. I plan on changing residency later this year and have already taken both the NRA home defense and CCW classes.

Issues
03-24-2012, 8:40am
I just looked up the stats the give reciprocity for Florida Resident CCW and its huge. I plan on changing residency later this year and have already taken both the NRA home defense and CCW classes.

I plan on getting a CC permit some time this summer hopefully, but I definitely want to take some sort of home self defence course ..

BADRACR1
03-24-2012, 9:46am
:seasix:

GreyGhost
03-24-2012, 9:57am
Pennsylvania is easy, maybe to easy to get one. You fill out a form, put two reference down, state the reason why you want a permit and pay the fee. I got mine in two weeks. Its good for 5 years.:seasix:

Jeff '79
03-24-2012, 10:00am
Pennsylvania is easy, maybe to easy to get one. You fill out a form, put two reference down, state the reason why you want a permit and pay the fee. I got mine in two weeks. Its good for 5 years.:seasix:

:yesnod: Once I have my NYS permit, I'll cross the border, and have my Pa. permit in ½ an hour.... My cousin got his that wa in Pa......

Flatbush Harry
03-24-2012, 10:33am
You're lucky. When I got my FL CCW, it took over 90 days to get it after submitting all the materials. That was right after Obama had taken office and the CCW instructors said there had been a flood of applicants :rofl:

I just renewed my CWP here in CO. Took me 20 min. door to door. My concession was remembering to leave my Colt Mk IV/Ser. '70 in my glove compartment as my local sheriff's office does not allow weapons.

Hryar

VITE1
03-24-2012, 10:37am
I plan on getting a CC permit some time this summer hopefully, but I definitely want to take some sort of home self defence course ..

I try to take at least one class a quarter and I get tot he range at least twice a month. I have a practical handgun clinic tomorrow AM.

Having the RIGHT to do something is different than having the ability and understanding of the limits of that right.

Flatbush Harry
03-24-2012, 10:43am
I try to take at least one class a quarter and I get tot he range at least twice a month. I have a practical handgun clinic tomorrow AM.

Having the RIGHT to do something is different than having the ability and understanding of the limits of that right.

:iagree:

Big time.

Harry, cereal

Allan
03-24-2012, 12:09pm

Ohio is now up to 23 states.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine - Reciprocity agreements (http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Enforcement/Concealed-Carry/Reciprocity-Agreements)

Jeff '79
03-24-2012, 12:26pm
Ohio is now up to 23 states.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine - Reciprocity agreements (http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Enforcement/Concealed-Carry/Reciprocity-Agreements)

Florida, Utah, and NY, are the least amount of permits, with the most reciprocity....:seasix:
You'd be surprised the courses in your area that will just give the Utah, and Florida permit courses, just for that reason....The course, and permit costs, were under $300.00 for everything too. That's the course, application fees, prints & pics.....It was a no brainer, as far as I was concerned.

99 pewtercoupe
03-24-2012, 1:13pm

Used to live in PA and everything about owning fire arms was easy. Moved to Illinois for job relocation and its like being in East Germany as far as gun or even ammo purchase. Whats really a pisser is that I believe if they cut Chicago out and made it a seperate state, about 95% of the crap laws and crooked politicians would go away

Bill
03-24-2012, 1:26pm
Used to live in PA and everything about owning fire arms was easy. Moved to Illinois for job relocation and its like being in East Germany as far as gun or even ammo purchase. Whats really a pisser is that I believe if they cut Chicago out and made it a seperate state, about 95% of the crap laws and crooked politicians would go away

I can't figure out why any company would want to relocate to Illinois. We lost the Continental Airlines HQ with the United merger, and Houstonians were left scratching their heads? How did that get agreed to?

Had the United folks relocated here, they would have enjoyed lower taxes, lower cost of living, and a better business environment. Everyone from the execs on down would have seen their quality of life go up. Go figure.

Maybe your company will figure out the grass is greener and pick up stakes. Good luck.

99 pewtercoupe
03-24-2012, 2:10pm
I can't figure out why any company would want to relocate to Illinois. We lost the Continental Airlines HQ with the United merger, and Houstonians were left scratching their heads? How did that get agreed to?

Had the United folks relocated here, they would have enjoyed lower taxes, lower cost of living, and a better business environment. Everyone from the execs on down would have seen their quality of life go up. Go figure.

Maybe your company will figure out the grass is greener and pick up stakes. Good luck.

Company didn't actually relocate. They have been HQ in Illinois for over 100 years. Was offered a choice...move to Illinois, promotion & raise or stay in PA and have job eliminated in less than a year.