PDA

View Full Version : Rant: One bad apple...

ConstantChange
03-23-2012, 5:24pm
I live in an average neighborhood. Most people keep to themselves and respect others, but it only takes one....the assholes that live right next door to me.

At this very moment my ears are getting raped my blaring rap music. It's been playing for about 30 minutes. This is accompanied by the engine of his piece of shit Monte Carlo that he thinks is awesome. It's been idling for 15+ minutes. A few minutes ago he was having his daughter take "gangsta" pictures of him in front of it. He did the finger point, the crouch, the peace sign, and a bunch of other retarded poses.

Dude is covered in tattoo's, has his "bling" on, and thinks this is f'n Compton. They also own a dog that loves to bark as loud as possible 23 hours and 45 minutes a day.

Did I mention they are renters? Guess how well they maintain the property.

I'm beginning to understand HOA's.

Blademaker
03-23-2012, 5:25pm
Accidents happen all the time.......

NavyC5
03-23-2012, 5:30pm
This may sound like an odd concept, but have you tried talking to him about the problems?

If that doesn't work find out who the homeowner is and give them a call. All else fails, call the cops.

cmb396
03-23-2012, 5:32pm
Just call the cops, doubt talking to him would do anything but cause a conflict!

neece
03-23-2012, 5:33pm
Sounds like you need a louder stereo. :D

DAB
03-23-2012, 5:36pm
i'm thankful that my nearest neighbor is 142 yards away, over a ridge line. nearest one i can see is about 1/4 mile away. loudest thing i hear is their dog. but only if i'm outside.

lspencer534
03-23-2012, 5:38pm
OP's neighbors may be low-class tattooed renters, but it can happen in the best of neighborhoods. My next-door neighbor is an anaesthesiologist. His house and yard look like a damned war zone. His idea of mowing close to a tree is 20' from it. He has every yard tool and piece of machinery known to man--power limb pruners, 2-wheeled weed whacker, rider, tractor. He also has 2 sail boats in his back yard that are just rotting away.

The crap in his garage has overflowed onto his driveway. He drives a Ford diesel truck that will wake the feckin' dead; you can hear it coming a mile away. Since he works at a hospital, he gets up before dawn and fires that s.o.b. up. Why don't I do something about it? He simply was not raised to know how to take care of anything or to be considerate. He's a nice enough guy, but dumb as a box of rocks.

ConstantChange
03-23-2012, 5:39pm
This may sound like an odd concept, but have you tried talking to him about the problems?

I've thought about it. I don't think it would end well.

Bill
03-23-2012, 5:42pm

If that doesn't work find out who the homeowner is and give them a call. All else fails, call the cops.

I agree. At least that way you tried to handle things like an adult, first, without tattling to the police.

It doesn't sound promising, but I'd still try it. Compliment him on his car, try to develop a rapport, then ask nicely. It's worth a try. If you merely call the cops, unless the guy happens to have warrants and he gets hauled off (temporary relief), he's just going to get real pissed and punish the whole neighborhood for the perceived slight. IOW, calling the cops is going to make YOU the bad guy, not him.

If he sees you as a friend, at least if you call the cops later on, he might attribute that to a different neighbor. All though, be aware the info on your police call is public record, so if he wants to find out who called, he can, although from your description, he doesn't sound that astute.

...Whitepower...
03-23-2012, 5:45pm
Stop being a ***** and talk to the man.

C5Nate
03-23-2012, 5:46pm
.....doubt talking to him would do anything but cause a conflict!

:iagree:

http://api.ning.com/files/zqlV0CDyiof499AOXNKax7OxwdRj364zK623L-RVoXYXAByZT2mcIPhZgvLn4Oh7GD4eLTIzrCWV7l2zkOIWuA__/DSC_0010.JPG?width=530&height=600

NB2K
03-23-2012, 7:14pm

that's attached to a moving van.

Poog
03-23-2012, 7:37pm
Just call the cops, doubt talking to him would do anything but cause a conflict!

:iagree: One of the reasons we pay property taxes is to hire police and judges to deal with these things.

Here's the deal. If you do talk to him and someone (you or anyone else) calls the cops on him, guess who he is going to blame? Here's a hint, look in your mirror.

Correct.

69camfrk
03-23-2012, 7:39pm

And a bigger piece of shit car with NO mufflers. Don't get mad, get even!!!!!:cert:

03-23-2012, 7:44pm
next time they are gone....

get yourself some kills everything it touchs spray

and write

shut the **** up you douche bag

in his front lawn with it.

wait a day or two...

and let comedy explode

Torqaholic
03-23-2012, 7:47pm
What part of your user name don't you understand? :rofl:

They're renters, shouldn't be long until they're gone.

Jeff '79
03-23-2012, 7:54pm
That sucks....Pray they die, and they eventually will.... The power of prayer is amazing.......:D

ConstantChange
03-23-2012, 9:34pm
What part of your user name don't you understand? :rofl:

They're renters, shouldn't be long until they're gone.

When I moved in about 6 years ago, an Air Force family lived there. He got reassigned to Florida about 3 years ago and they couldn't sell the house for their asking price, so they decided to rent it. This is the third round of renters. The guy across the street said this family is thinking about purchasing the house. :rolleyes:

ConstantChange
03-23-2012, 9:43pm
Stop being a ***** and talk to the man.

It has nothing to do with being a *****. It has everything to do with being pretty certain it wouldn't end well. You can usually get a good feel for people. Most neighbors wave when they see each other in the yard or when driving by. Every now and then we'll stop and shoot the bull for awhile.

This guy doesn't give a F. It's almost like he purposely does things because he knows it pisses people off. He's Mr. Hardass Gangsta.

When they moved in, he was gone for work for a few weeks at a time, so he was only home on the weekends and it wasn't bad. It seems he either took a long vacation or he's no longer working at that job.

I also know instead of saying "Excuse me. Do you mind turning your radio down a bit?" I'll probably say "Would you STFU before I build a shoe closet in your ass."

ConstantChange
03-23-2012, 9:50pm
Here is one of his buddies pieces of shit that was in the driveway for a few days awhile back. Is the picture I'm painting starting to become clear?

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3345/donk.jpg

C5Nate
03-23-2012, 10:28pm
Here is one of his buddies pieces of shit that was in the driveway for a few days awhile back. Is the picture I'm painting starting to become clear?

Sweet!

The 10 lbs of bondo must be a traction aid. :slap:

island14
03-23-2012, 10:45pm

Winner! :hurray:

Gangstas just love really loud bluegrass music early in the morning when they are sleeping off last nights hangover .. :yesnod:

Won't be long he will want to move! Serious! :D

ConstantChange
03-23-2012, 10:57pm
Gangstas just love really loud bluegrass music early in the morning when they are sleeping off last nights hangover.

I got some Ricky Skaggs that I bet would do the trick! :dance:

Torqaholic
03-23-2012, 10:58pm
... The guy across the street said this family is thinking about purchasing the house. :rolleyes:

That's not a good sign but renters always talk out of their ass when it comes to their residential status. Don't believe anything until you see it.

ConstantChange
03-24-2012, 9:23am
This morning at 5:00am their dog went into full blown "wake everybody within 5 miles up" mode for 30+ minutes. Needless to say I wasn't the happiest person on the planet at that time. I'm surprised a few of you didn't hear me when I went outside to vocalize my thoughts on the situation.

kylebuck
03-24-2012, 9:54am
Paint ball gun....

kingpin
03-24-2012, 9:58am

Winner! :hurray:

Gangstas just love really loud bluegrass music early in the morning when they are sleeping off last nights hangover .. :yesnod:

Won't be long he will want to move! Serious! :D

What you need is a high frequency horn that can direct sound to his place so you don't have to hear it.
Attach it to your stereo and play a 12-15k frequency for 24 hours a day.
You won't hear it in your place just his. He'll go nuts trying to find where it's coming from. His ears will start bleeding.

Me2
03-24-2012, 10:02am
Unfortunately, being a douche isn't against the law - unless the noise is over a certain decibel between certain times of the night. However; the dog barking constantly could be an issue but it's not the dog's fault............

I would talk to him nicely first but choose your words, tone of voice and issues carefully - you might be surprised. Sometimes people don't realize their actions are causing others distress.

Butterfly71
03-24-2012, 11:21am
Sorry you are having to deal with this. I agree with you on not bothering to talk to him because he would have to respect himself and his things to care. His actions clearly show he does not.

Find out the town ordinances. Here you can't have junk all over the yard and we have a noise ordinance. I just called animal control on the people one street over because their dogs are always barking for long periods of time. They got a citation/warning and if there is another complaint, they will receive a $250 fine.

Good luck :cert:

Allan
03-24-2012, 11:56am
:

:rofl: