PDA

View Full Version : Turned on my AC in the G8 and got nothing but hot air...

...Whitepower...
03-23-2012, 11:39am
Whole way home i was thinkging great.. 600 miles out of warrany and this shit happens.. How much is a compressor gonna cost etc..:banghead:

Then i popped the hood and the belt was MIA. Gotta love the cheap $15 fixes. :hurray:

Stangkiller
03-23-2012, 11:43am
Whole way home i was thinkging great.. 600 miles out of warrany and this shit happens.. How much is a compressor gonna cost etc..:banghead:

Then i popped the hood and the belt was MIA. Gotta love the cheap $15 fixes. :hurray:

Might want to check your tensioner and or crank pulley. Why'd you throw the belt?

onedef92
03-23-2012, 11:49am
The G-8 has been critically acclaimed by some in the automotive press as "the budget-minded man's 5-Series Bimmer."

Do you deem that statement accurate or a stretch? :confused5:

...Whitepower...
03-23-2012, 12:43pm
The G-8 has been critically acclaimed by some in the automotive press as "the budget-minded man's 5-Series Bimmer."

Do you deem that statement accurate or a stretch? :confused5:

Love the car even more so now after the mods (nothing crazy). I've had for 2 years now. Bought it with 14k and i know have 36,700 on it. I'll probably hold onto it for 2 more years or so. At that point my youngest will be 5 and i can get back into a two door as she will be able to negotiate the seatbelts in back on her own confidently. I'll report back tonight or tomorrow as i am in the office now typing this on my phone and this write up will take a bit of time. :cert:

...Whitepower...
03-23-2012, 12:51pm
Might want to check your tensioner and or crank pulley. Why'd you throw the belt?

Its happens now and again apparently on some cars. My tensioner is fine upon visual inspection. The cure from the forums is to go with a half inch shorter belt which i am picking up on my way home as its in.. GY Gatorback.

simpleman68
03-23-2012, 12:58pm
Good news on the easy fix :dance:

I went with one of my racing buddies to buy his G8 GT last year (low mile/used)
I was really impressed with how it looked, drove and handled.

I know a year later, he is still enjoying the hell out of it. :yesnod:
Scott

Jeff '79
03-23-2012, 1:20pm
Whew.....The bullet proof vest, to the rescue.......:hurray:

Bill
03-23-2012, 1:47pm
Interesting that the OP didn't hear or feels something odd when the belt was thrown/broken.

simpleman68
03-23-2012, 1:54pm
Interesting that the OP didn't hear or feels something odd when the belt was thrown/broken.

Have you heard the exhaust on that thing yet? :D
Scott

onedef92
03-23-2012, 2:00pm

Or SMELL if the car's HVAC system was energized or windows rolled down.

...Whitepower...
03-23-2012, 4:06pm
Have you heard the exhaust on that thing yet? :D
Scott

:D

G8GT2 - YouTube