PDA

View Full Version : Free Dock with Galaxy Tab 8.9; Next iPhone will use bigger 4.6-inch display

Mike Mercury
03-23-2012, 10:30am
Best Buy Offering Free Dock With Galaxy Tab 8.9
If you had been considering the purchase of a Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet, you may want to make that purchase at Best Buy. Well, you will if you were also considering picking up a keyboard dock. You see, for a limited time only, those who purchase the 16GB (metallic gray) Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet will get a Samsung Keyboard Dock for free. The Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet will set you back $349.99. And for those looking to see what kind of deal they are getting, the Samsung Keyboard Dock normally retails for $79.99.
http://i4.asntown.net/samsung_htc_android_phone_girl-ttsh.jpg

Apple's new iPhone will use bigger 4.6-inch display
Apple Inc's new iPhone will have a sharper and bigger 4.6-inch "retina" display and is set to be launched around the second quarter, a South Korean media reported on Thursday.

Sales of the iPhone, first introduced in 2007 with the touch screen template now adopted by its rivals, account for around half Apple's total sales.

Apple has decided on the bigger 4.6-inch display for its next iPhone and started placing orders to its suppliers, the Maeil Business Newspaper said, quoting an unnamed industry source.

Its major display suppliers LG Display and Samsung Electronics Co declined to comment.

Samsung, which is also the biggest challenger to Apple in smartphones, uses 4.6-inch OLED display for its flagship Galaxy S II smartphone, introduced in April last year.

The high-definition "retina" display--containing several times as many pixels within the same area-- is used in the latest iPad released earlier this month.
http://macamour.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/m_fox_iphone3.jpg

onedef92
03-23-2012, 10:35am
More tech slim sweetness, Mike! :hurray:

kingpin
03-23-2012, 11:07am
So the new Iphone just came out, and they are releasing the new Iphone a few months after that.

:wtf:

Mike Mercury
03-23-2012, 11:24am
I just ordered that Galaxy Tab 8.9 w/free keyboard dock.

I had decided to buy this during Christmas, but none of my local stores carried the 8.9" version.

For me, the 10" tablets are a tad too big for carry-along; the 8.9 seems to be as large as I can go - while still feeling comfortable about bringing it along.

Chris Fowler
03-23-2012, 11:25am
So the new Iphone just came out, and they are releasing the new Iphone a few months after that.

:wtf:
yeah...rumors...

polarbear
03-23-2012, 11:33am
Apple has decided on the bigger 4.6-inch display for its next iPhone and started placing orders to its suppliers, the Maeil Business Newspaper said, quoting an unnamed industry source.

Its major display suppliers LG Display and Samsung Electronics Co declined to comment.

Samsung, which is also the biggest challenger to Apple in smartphones, uses 4.6-inch OLED display for its flagship Galaxy S II smartphone, introduced in April last year.

The high-definition "retina" display--containing several times as many pixels within the same area-- is used in the latest iPad released earlier this month

Have Samsung with 4.6" display already. Great display for middle-aged eyes and fingers. :seasix:

Thud
03-23-2012, 12:01pm
Apple's new iPhone will use bigger 4.6-inch display
Apple Inc's new iPhone will have a sharper and bigger 4.6-inch "retina" display and is set to be launched around the second quarter, a South Korean media reported on Thursday.

Sales of the iPhone, first introduced in 2007 with the touch screen template now adopted by its rivals, account for around half Apple's total sales.

The high-definition "retina" display--containing several times as many pixels within the same area-- is used in the latest iPad released earlier this month.
http://macamour.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/m_fox_iphone3.jpg

There ain't gonna be a 4.6" iPhone. An "unknown source" with no previous history of making Apple predictions shouldn't really be believed.

4", maybe.

Mike Mercury
03-23-2012, 2:35pm
An "unknown source" with no previous history of making Apple predictions shouldn't really be believed.

there's a history of Apple "rumors" - not even coming close to the actual released product.

Interesting though, that non iPhone users - who see my HTC HD2 phone (w/ 4.3" display) for the first time - ask if that's "the new iPhone"? When I tell them no, it's almost disbelief - like I am joking with them.

I believe that the iPhone-less (especially middle aged peeps) have heard sooo many positive things about the iPhone, that they automatically equate anything that looks new/fresh/special... to be the latest iPhone.

It's the larger screen size on my HD2 - that seems to attract the looks/comments/questions.

With that in mind, I think it a mistake for Apple to not have an equal - or bigger sized - screen on the iPhone... than of their competitors.