PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wipers Broken

Yamma
06-14-2010, 6:00am
Ok.....another new issue on the C5 - while driving in a torrential downpour a few weeks back, my wipers just stopped working, I'd had no issues previous to that. Barely made it off the road in one piece.

Pulled the fuse, cleaned it, and it worked fine again. Until last week - now they run on their own intermittently. I'm guessing the wiper motor is just shot. Anyone else had this issue? Does the motor need replaced?

Sneaks
06-14-2010, 7:26am
You need to cean your udders. The drain udders get clogged, water backs up, and shorts the motor.
Pull the wiper arms(might need a battery terminal puller but mostly you can wiggle them and work them up and off), pull the cowel pins, remove the cowel, remove the wiper cam from the motor(pay attention to the orientation of how the cam is on the motor), unbolt the motor, replace(you can get one at Autozone for about 40 bucks), put it all back together. You are now good to go.
It really is an easy fix. Need more info Jo, PM me and I'll go into detail.
:thumbs:

Munch
06-14-2010, 7:28am
The wiper control module is on the bottom of the motor and sits in a well that has three drains or udders as they are called. Your drains could be clogged and the module is sitting in water. Just a guess.

Damn! Sneakles beat me to it!

Sneaks
06-14-2010, 1:41pm
Who's da man? Go ahead, you can say it, it's OK. :D

Yamma
06-15-2010, 10:12pm
Thanks Sneaks! Will certainly give that a try!!

Sneaks
06-16-2010, 4:37pm
Thanks Sneaks! Will certainly give that a try!!

You welcome Jo. :thumbs:

Yamma
06-17-2010, 6:16am
Pulled the whole thing apart, and cleaned out the drain area.....wipers still won't stop. So I went and ordered a new motor. :beat:

Sneaks
06-17-2010, 6:23am
Have Dixie run along side the vette with a squeegee until you get her all fixed. :rofl:

WKMCD
06-17-2010, 8:02am
These things have windshield wipers???? :rofl:

Next you're going to tell me they have windshield washer fluid... :lolsmile:

Sneaks
06-18-2010, 4:21pm
These things have windshield wipers???? :rofl:

Next you're going to tell me they have windshield washer fluid... :lolsmile:

Now you're just being silly. :rofl: