PDA

View Full Version : Mod Party Saturday July 10th

zz4vetteguy
06-12-2010, 8:02am
Ok guys and gals, things are all set up and ready to go, and we will be having a good old fashion Mod Party at Shrek's place on July 10th.

We will be putting headers on my C5, as well as Lee's C4, and if anyone else has something they want to do to their car, just shout out about it.

Lee and I are going to take care of food and drinks, but if anyone wants to bring a side dish, I don't think either of us would complain. And Tom has volunteered to be the grill master. :cheers:

I am not much of a beer drinker, so ya'll give me a general consensus of what is a good all around beer to get and we will run with that.

To help Lee and I plan for supply purposes, let's get a list going of who is planning on attending and if you are bringing someone with you. (Even if you said yes in the other thread, post up here to confirm)

1. zz4vetteguy - Joe
2. leec4ce - Lee
3. Shrek - Jeff
4. Munch - Steve
5. Z51 Silver Surfer - Randy
6. Randy's Old Man - Bart
7. tomurphjr - Tom
8. thegreenman - Jeff
9. 4DH8R - Ben
10. YorkL8apex - Tony
11. Cobra4B - Brian
12. Itzslo - Josh
13. IMXCITED - Bill
14. SteveG75 - Steve
15. 4dschvy - Ford

Munch
06-12-2010, 8:48am
I would like to come down and hang. I don't have any projects but I could help out if ya need. My wife will be out of town so I gotta find something to do and this sounds like a good time. As far as a side dish I don't really cook but I could bring chips or buns or soda or whatever, just gimme a suggestion.

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-12-2010, 9:09am
Joe you know you can count me in. I will get with my old man and ask him if Lee has not already done so. I will think of something to bring!

tomurphjr
06-12-2010, 9:32am
Joe, you know I'll be there :cheers:

May or may not need a ride though....

thegreenman
06-12-2010, 11:01am
Joe, put me on the list, I plan on coming down.

Tom, if you need a lift, let me know.

zz4vetteguy
06-12-2010, 3:25pm
I would like to come down and hang. I don't have any projects but I could help out if ya need. My wife will be out of town so I gotta find something to do and this sounds like a good time. As far as a side dish I don't really cook but I could bring chips or buns or soda or whatever, just gimme a suggestion.

You don't have to need to do a mod to come Steve, just come, hang out, partake in some grubbage, and drinkage, and if you so feel inspired, hop in and get your hands dirty. :cheers:

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-12-2010, 3:40pm
Hey Joe have you and Lee talked about cruising down or are we just meeting at Shreks?

4DH8R
06-13-2010, 12:33am
I'm in to help. If time allows I have a set of headers to put on as well. If we don't get to mine a least I'll get some good looks for my job ahead!

FastZR-1
06-13-2010, 2:29pm
I have it marked on the calendar. As long as work doesn't come calling, I'm there. :beer:

zz4vetteguy
06-14-2010, 4:10pm
I'm in to help. If time allows I have a set of headers to put on as well. If we don't get to mine a least I'll get some good looks for my job ahead!

If time allows we will be old pros by the time we get to yours. :cheers:

Cobra4B
06-14-2010, 5:23pm
I'd keep it to the two installs that are planned.... it's a fairly tall order to get 2 of them done in one day.... **** happens.

I'll be there in "get dirty" clothes and ready to wrench... I don't know much about C4s but I can install C5 parts blindfolded.

What time is this getting started? I'd recommend early as that leaves time to deal w/ teh inevitable roadblock and trip to the autoparts store.

Joe you get the spare plug wires and the F-body exhaust gaskets? Did you buy new header bolts just in-case?

Also, make sure Shrek has the correct tap/die for the header bolts just in case... oh and you might want to pick-up a set of AIR tube gaskets in case yours are too shot to re-use.

-Brian

1TZSLO
06-14-2010, 6:39pm
I am looking to come to this also. Brian you wanna meet to drive down?

Munch
06-14-2010, 7:00pm
Where is the Shrek Cave? NC or something like that?

Cobra4B
06-14-2010, 8:32pm
I am looking to come to this also. Brian you wanna meet to drive down?
Sure man... it's a nice drive down General Booth turns into Princess Anne then through the back roads to 168 and down to Shrek's
Where is the Shrek Cave? NC or something like that?
Moyock, NC... down 168 a little bit... about 45 min from my house, but a nice drive. Bring a couple of bucks for the toll.

Shrek
06-15-2010, 5:59am
Here are some basic directions to Tulls Creek road. I will PM the exact address to anyone coming down.

Take 168 south towards Nags Head to the NC border. You can avoid the $2 toll by taking the 2nd Hillcrest Pkwy exit. Then turn right onto Battlefield Blvd at the WaWa. That will eventually feed you back onto 168 at Gallbush road, just north of the border.

As you cross the state line, Border Station will be on your right, and Southland on the left. From there you have two options.

1) Continue approx 12 miles on 168 south to Tulls Creek road at the Currituck water tower. It will be the 5th traffic light not counting the one at Border Station. There will be several miles between the 3rd and 4th traffic lights. Turn left onto Tulls Creek road. A couple of miles past Moyock, you "may" notice the new Currituck water tower way back off the hwy. IGNORE IT!! You've not gone far enough!

2) If OBX traffic is heavy, you can turn left at the 2nd traffic light (not counting the one at Border Station) onto Puddin Ridge road approx 2 miles past Border Station. Landmarks there are a large white Bank of the Commonwealth on the right and Dream Restorations on the left. As soon as you turn, the road curves to the right and becomes Tulls Creek road south (nice 10 mile drive). Watch your speed through Tulls Bay Colony, it drops to 35.

Maps still show the north end of Tulls Creek at the Moyock water tower/Hardees. During construction a couple of years ago, they curved it to end at the Puddin Ridge traffic light. If you find yourself turning at the Hardees per navigation, just continue past the school and turn left onto Tulls Creek at the stop sign. DON'T SPEED THROUGH THERE!!!

:cheers:
Jeff

zz4vetteguy
06-15-2010, 6:25am
I'd keep it to the two installs that are planned.... it's a fairly tall order to get 2 of them done in one day.... **** happens.

I'll be there in "get dirty" clothes and ready to wrench... I don't know much about C4s but I can install C5 parts blindfolded.

What time is this getting started? I'd recommend early as that leaves time to deal w/ teh inevitable roadblock and trip to the autoparts store.

Joe you get the spare plug wires and the F-body exhaust gaskets? Did you buy new header bolts just in-case?

Also, make sure Shrek has the correct tap/die for the header bolts just in case... oh and you might want to pick-up a set of AIR tube gaskets in case yours are too shot to re-use.

-Brian

No, I still have some shopping to do....Shrek, any clue about the tap/die set?

Brian, is your pops gonna join us?

Shrek
06-15-2010, 7:18am
I've got a few taps. Let me know what sizes and I'm sure I can find one or two around here somewhere:yesnod:

Cobra4B
06-15-2010, 8:01am
No.... my parents are coming Friday through Thursday now.... we're going to play golf in Williamsburg on Thursday then they're going to head back home to NC. Originally they were going to stay through Sunday.

zz4vetteguy
06-15-2010, 8:05pm
No.... my parents are coming Friday through Thursday now.... we're going to play golf in Williamsburg on Thursday then they're going to head back home to NC. Originally they were going to stay through Sunday.

Well dang, I am still trying to talk my Dad into joining us...he is a hard sell. With the cars and the wrenching, and the bull chitting going on (he will talk you to death about guns) I am sure he would enjoy it.

leec4ce
06-16-2010, 12:56pm
"THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" :above: :dance: :hurray: :groupwave: :banana1: :thumbsup:

thegreenman
06-16-2010, 2:16pm
"THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" "THE NEW HEADERS ARE HERE" :above: :dance: :hurray: :groupwave: :banana1: :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are now ready for the party. :D :beer: :cheers:

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-16-2010, 7:15pm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT:dance:

zz4vetteguy
06-17-2010, 6:05am

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Did the coaters had deliver them themselves? :lolsmile:

Shrek
06-18-2010, 8:14am
FastZR-1 (Ed), YorkL8apex (Tony), and I are headed for NY this afternoon to pick up a ZR-1 and the 4 post lift.

That means we'll have side by side lifts for the mod-fest!!! :dance:

Munch
06-18-2010, 10:00am
Have a safe trip!

thegreenman
06-18-2010, 10:33am
FastZR-1 (Ed), YorkL8apex (Tony), and I are headed for NY this afternoon to pick up a ZR-1 and the 4 post lift.

Sweet, you guys have fun. :cheers:

1TZSLO
06-18-2010, 4:09pm
Here are some basic directions to Tulls Creek road. I will PM the exact address to anyone coming down.

You can avoid the $2 toll by taking the 2nd Hillcrest Pkwy exit.
Jeff

Yeah I had a friend that lived there, and we always avoided the toll.

1TZSLO
06-18-2010, 4:12pm
Sure man... it's a nice drive down General Booth turns into Princess Anne then through the back roads to 168 and down to Shrek's.

Cool, we can figure out a time to leave next sat at the C&C. Ill have the Vette back from VA speed Next Friday, It goes in Monday for H/C install.

zz4vetteguy
06-18-2010, 6:48pm

wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....does that say AND a ZR-1?????

We can have dueling header installs :lolsmile:

zz4vetteguy
06-18-2010, 6:51pm
Jeff, when can we start invading your playground? Lee and I will prolly try to get up there early with the Vettes and the parts so they can cool down and go do some shopping.

Shrek
06-20-2010, 11:39am
wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....does that say AND a ZR-1?????
Yes! It's a BLK/RED 93 (#017) Belongs to a longtime friend that's moving from NY to FL and doesn't have room for it down there. So being the kind hearted person I am, I offered to store it for him. Oh yeah, I also have to pull the dash and replace a leaky heater core while it's here.

HUGE THANKS! to Tony and Ed for riding along, breaking down the lift, and packing everything on the trailer for the ride home. 865 miles round trip 3:40PM FRI-8:15PM SAT. Most of all, for enduring the agonizing pain of driving the ZR-1 back to VA!

Jeff, when can we start invading your playground? Lee and I will prolly try to get up there early with the Vettes and the parts so they can cool down and go do some shopping.
Any time after 7AM

FastZR-1
06-20-2010, 12:53pm
Good Times. :above:

Here's a sneak peak of our road trip. I'll have a full write-up later this week. The trip was well documented and a good run.

The lift getting ready to be town apart.
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9066/liftx.jpg

The '93 ZR-1. Thanks for letting me get 3 stints behind the wheel Tony.
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8636/zr1b.jpg

BTW, I'm not going to make it up for the tech day. You can remove my name.

zz4vetteguy
06-22-2010, 5:11am
BTW, I'm not going to make it up for the tech day. You can remove my name.

Dang, sorry to hear you won't be able to miss it....it will be well documented and photographed and written up...and with me playing with tools, there may even been suspense and an ER visit or three. :lolsmile:

YorkL8apex
06-23-2010, 7:15pm
Add me to the list I can watch others work, eat, and drink:party: with the best of 'em!

zz4vetteguy
06-25-2010, 6:00am
Still not to late if anyone wants to join us, just shout out. I know there are a couple new people in the area, and this would be a great time to meet some of the locals. Just shout out and I will add ya to the list.

So ummmm, as I said before....beer, I don't drink the stuff, but never hurts to have a few cold ones in the cooler...what is a good all around beer that most people like?

Cobra4B
06-25-2010, 8:19am
Normally I don't drink before noon! But I'm find with basic bud light.

Shrek
06-25-2010, 3:01pm
No beer for me or the wife!

Add IMXCITD-Bill to the list.

zz4vetteguy
06-25-2010, 4:51pm
Any time after 7AM

Then I plan on being there about 7:03 am...LOL I figure the earlier I get there the better, maybe call an "unofficial" 9am start time. That will give the cars a few hours to cool down, and time for Lee and I do pick up some last minute things....We will just take the ZR-1 that is being boarded...:D

Randy offered to bring his Tahoe, but HOPEFULLY I will be able to talk my father into coming down and driving the Duramax so Lee and I can throw our headers in the back, and Randy will be free to drive the Vette if he wants.

Shrek
06-25-2010, 7:35pm
Then I plan on being there about 7:03 am...LOL I figure the earlier I get there the better, maybe call an "unofficial" 9am start time. That will give the cars a few hours to cool down, and time for Lee and I do pick up some last minute things....We will just take the ZR-1 that is being boarded...:D
:thumbsup:

Randy offered to bring his Tahoe, but HOPEFULLY I will be able to talk my father into coming down and driving the Duramax so Lee and I can throw our headers in the back, and Randy will be free to drive the Vette if he wants.
You and Lee are welcome to drop them off at my shop any day in the next 2 weeks and i'll bring them down. I'm just off of Newtown on Arrowhead Drive till 3:30 Mon-Fri.

thegreenman
06-25-2010, 9:48pm
I might not be able to make it on the 10th, I won't know until the 9th. One guy at work is heading to Germany, then I find out one guy is quitting and guess who gets to cover the extra hours. :kick:

zz4vetteguy
06-26-2010, 12:24pm
I might not be able to make it on the 10th, I won't know until the 9th. One guy at work is heading to Germany, then I find out one guy is quitting and guess who gets to cover the extra hours. :kick:

Tell them that they are not allowed to go anywhere till the 11th...:D

thegreenman
06-26-2010, 12:29pm
Tell them that they are not allowed to go anywhere till the 11th...:D

I wish I could, both of them gave me an extra week. This weekend might be last weekend I have off for two to six months.

tomurphjr
06-26-2010, 7:34pm
I wish I could, both of them gave me an extra week. This weekend might be last weekend I have off for two to six months.

Dang.....my ride is bailing on me :willy:

thegreenman
06-26-2010, 8:03pm

I am not out yet, but don't bank on the ride.

Did you sell yours?

badbirdcage
06-26-2010, 8:09pm
I'll try to make it if my POS will start. Mmmm, that cold beer sounds delicious.

Rich:cheers:

YorkL8apex
06-26-2010, 8:56pm

Tom, I'm going down and can take the SS, Suburban, or Vette and will have an extra seat. I may even need you to drive one down if you can.

tomurphjr
06-26-2010, 9:41pm
Tom, I'm going down and can take the SS, Suburban, or Vette and will have an extra seat. I may even need you to drive one down if you can.

Tony,

Thanks for the offer. I'll be happy to grab the pass seat or drive something down if you need me too.

The vette is officially gone as of this morning.....I'm pretty bummed about it. On the other hand, I'm looking at the big picture of moving back home and am happy about that. Besides, I'll have another or three one day.

Oh and the couple that bought the car lives in Suffolk, so some of you might be seeing it around.

tomurphjr
06-26-2010, 9:46pm
I am not out yet, but don't bank on the ride.

Did you sell yours?

She's gone. They came and got her at 11am this morning. I watched her leave:o

It's been a weird day. I hate to sound shallow, but I felt like the car was part of the family or something.

I did get my asking price, which was nice. The came Thursday and the husband and i took it for a drive. It didn't take them long to tell me they wanted it.

He said they've been looking at Corvettes for quite awhile, but didn't find anything until the saw mine. He said...man that thing is in pristine shape...which it was. I loved that car. Ok, I'm done. Was just venting and fubaring up Joe's thread again..:lolsmile:

thegreenman
06-26-2010, 9:50pm

It's been a weird day. I hate to sound shallow, but I felt like the car was part of the family or something.

I did get my asking price, which was nice. The came Thursday and the husband and i took it for a drive. It didn't take them long to tell me they wanted it.

He said they've been looking at Corvettes for quite awhile, but didn't find anything until the saw mine. He said...man that thing is in pristine shape...which it was. I loved that car. Ok, I'm done. Was just venting and fubaring up Joe's thread again..:lolsmile:

You will get another one in good time. I still have cold ones in the frig, you know where I live.

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-27-2010, 8:24am
Joe let me know if you need me to drive the Tahoe or not. If anything i can probably grab Mom's and let her have the Vette for the day! I know I am a nice son to offer such a great deal!! But I might have to drive mine down Mom loves her Tahoe. I will be down next weekend for Cars and Coffee so we can figure out the Logistics of that then.

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-27-2010, 8:26am

Tom sorry to hear you sold the Vette but understand why you are doing it!

zz4vetteguy
06-27-2010, 9:55am
I hate to sound shallow, but I felt like the car was part of the family or something.

Nah, when I got laid off, and got rid of everything I owned, even with as much as I had to struggle to make the payments, keeping the Vette was what helped me keep my sanity.

PortDawg
06-27-2010, 8:53pm
Wish I could be there...I'll be enjoying Ft Campbell, Kentucky...:skep:

zz4vetteguy
07-01-2010, 2:59pm
Wish I could be there...I'll be enjoying Ft Campbell, Kentucky...:skep:

Since you will be in the area, is that anywhere close for you to take a side trip to Bowling Green?

zz4vetteguy
07-01-2010, 3:03pm
Finally got my father to say "maybe, I will see what's going on" which means 37% yes and 63% no....so there is a good chance he will be there...lol

SteveG75
07-04-2010, 3:15pm
Joe,

I'm a 60% yes right now. Need to see if I need to deal with job search or house sale stuff that day.

Steve

Shrek
07-06-2010, 6:01am
PM with my address has been sent to most of you on the list. If you're on the list and didn't get a PM, it means you've been here enough times to remember where you're going, "TONY" :D

:seeya: Jeff

4dschvy
07-06-2010, 8:54am
Looks like I'll be free that morning if you have room for one more.

Ford

zz4vetteguy
07-06-2010, 6:47pm
Looks like I'll be free that morning if you have room for one more.

Ford

There is always room, come on out

YorkL8apex
07-07-2010, 6:19pm
PM with my address has been sent to most of you on the list. If you're on the list and didn't get a PM, it means you've been here enough times to remember where you're going, "TONY" :D

:seeya: Jeff

Is it still down there cross the crik from the turnip patch liken it used ta be?

Tom M.... it looks like Greenman is bringing the welder by and I'm bringing a 10x10 pop up to keep the rain off the grillmaster/demo man. I'll take the SS with the gear if you can drive the ZR-1 down for me that would be great. Probably plan to leave Poquoson around 8ish?

zz4vetteguy
07-07-2010, 7:46pm
Tom, if you need someone to show you how to drive the Z, let me know. :leaving:

4DH8R
07-07-2010, 8:07pm
Unfourtunatly, I have to bow out of this one. I had to fly down to Florida for a family emergency. Hope to meet up for the next one.

4dschvy
07-08-2010, 6:16am
Is it still down there cross the crik from the turnip patch liken it used ta be?

Tom M.... it looks like Greenman is bringing the welder by and I'm bringing a 10x10 pop up to keep the rain off the grillmaster/demo man. I'll take the SS with the gear if you can drive the ZR-1 down for me that would be great. Probably plan to leave Poquoson around 8ish?

Tony,

I'd like to follow you guys down there if that's OK.

Ford

tomurphjr
07-08-2010, 9:05am

Sounds like a plan to me. PM your address and I'll be there.

YorkL8apex
07-08-2010, 5:25pm
Tony,

I'd like to follow you guys down there if that's OK.

Ford

Sure we're planning on leaving the house around 8am.

2ez 2spd
07-08-2010, 6:22pm
I not sure how much help I will be but I will come give you and Lee a hand, this is close to home for me. I can at least learn something as I would like to do this to mine one day.

Kevin

zz4vetteguy
07-08-2010, 8:25pm
Unfourtunatly, I have to bow out of this one. I had to fly down to Florida for a family emergency. Hope to meet up for the next one.

Hope everything is Ok, let us know if you need anything.

zz4vetteguy
07-09-2010, 5:52am
Where do I get header bolts...and anyone know what size?

Also have a rear sidemarker out...anyone know what bulb it takes?

leec4ce
07-09-2010, 6:32am
I not sure how much help I will be but I will come give you and Lee a hand, this is close to home for me. I can at least learn something as I would like to do this to mine one day.

Kevin

Come and enjoy the fun :above: We'll show how to spend your money :dance:

Shrek
07-09-2010, 8:46am
Where do I get header bolts...and anyone know what size?

Call Ed at VA Speed

Z51 Silver Surfer
07-09-2010, 2:44pm
Come and enjoy the fun :above: We'll show how to spend your money :dance:

Yeah you are good at that!!!

Shrek
07-09-2010, 4:24pm
Hey guys, I took my 100 qt Igloo cooler to work today and filled it with ice this afternoon. Plus there's a little room in the garage fridge.

tomurphjr
07-09-2010, 6:32pm
Hey guys, I took my 100 qt Igloo cooler to work today and filled it with ice this afternoon. Plus there's a little room in the garage fridge.

Jeff,

Is there anything you need anyone to bring? I have a 20pk of 100% beef patty hamburgers from Costco I can bring.

Shrek
07-09-2010, 6:48pm
Jeff,

Is there anything you need anyone to bring? I have a 20pk of 100% beef patty hamburgers from Costco I can bring.
This is Lee and Joe's shin dig, check with them.:D

Munch
07-09-2010, 7:09pm
Also have a rear sidemarker out...anyone know what bulb it takes?

They are 194's

Jeff,

We get those, they are great! Just sayin.

thegreenman
07-09-2010, 7:30pm
Sure we're planning on leaving the house around 8am.

Looks like I have tomorrow off, I will try to get my lazy butt out of bed to meet at your house @ 8AM. If I am not there, don't wait for me I will catch up with you at the Shrek Man Cave.

tomurphjr
07-09-2010, 7:31pm
[QUOTE=Munch;

We get those, they are great! Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are. you coming down?

tomurphjr
07-09-2010, 7:34pm
Looks like I have tomorrow off, I will try to get my lazy butt out of bed to meet at your house @ 8AM. If I am not there, don't wait for me I will catch up with you at the Shrek Man Cave.

Glad you can make it :cheers:

thegreenman
07-09-2010, 8:29pm
Glad you can make it :cheers:

I want to see if you drive that ZR-1 to NC or to your house. :D

leec4ce
07-09-2010, 8:52pm
Jeff,

Tom,

We have burgers but now that Greenman is going to make it please bring your pack just in case :hurray:

thegreenman
07-09-2010, 9:10pm
Tom,

We have burgers but now that Greenman is going to make it please bring your pack just in case :hurray:

:toetap:

I was going to eat before heading down, but not now. :D

:leaving:

leec4ce
07-10-2010, 5:15am
Glad you're making it down:D

Shrek
07-10-2010, 5:24am
Everyone drive safe! :seeya:

YorkL8apex
07-10-2010, 6:10am
All loaded and gassed up and ready to roll from Poquoson around 8 this morning. Looks like we may have a "convoy" with Tom, Jeff, Ford, and me. Big Bill may try to hook up with us on the road as well.

:groupwave:

FastZR-1
07-10-2010, 12:01pm
Hope you guys are gettin' 'er done. Post some pics of the fun.

Wish I could have made it.

OIF2XVET
07-10-2010, 2:04pm
Yeah I'm gonna have to see some pics myself.

badbirdcage
07-10-2010, 4:27pm
Everyone drive safe! :seeya:

Jeff: Thanks for the invite and the hospitality. I know I wasn't of much help besides handing a couple of tools to people needing them but I had a great time.

Great bunch of guys. Hope you got all finished up. That rain was like about 10 cows on a flat rock. Thought we were going to need to build an ark.

Rich:cheers:

YorkL8apex
07-10-2010, 6:14pm
Sorry I had to bail before all was done but at least I can post some pics:

Shrek Man Cave:o_o:
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8892/mancave.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/mancave.jpg/)

Patients Awaiting Surgery:toetap:
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6127/patientsawaitingsurgery.jpg (http://img121.imageshack.us/i/patientsawaitingsurgery.jpg/)

C4 Under the Knife !!!!!:nono:
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4653/c4surgery.jpg (http://img534.imageshack.us/i/c4surgery.jpg/)

The Whole Vette Family in the Surgery Waiting Room::skep:
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5590/vettesatmoyock.jpg (http://img682.imageshack.us/i/vettesatmoyock.jpg/)

Tom's Kitchen::seeya:
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9304/kitchenf.jpg (http://img535.imageshack.us/i/kitchenf.jpg/)

A rare pic, L8apex with greasy hands:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/962/handst.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/handst.jpg/)

Hope you guys got the patients closed up, Team C5 made a heck of a lot of noise but looked to be in the home stretch.

Team C4 had Daddy Lee ready to go hide his eyes more than once but seemed to be past the worst of it.

Thanks to Mr and Mrs Shrek for hosting and to Lee and Joe for feeding us all!!!

tomurphjr
07-10-2010, 6:44pm
Everyone, I had a great time and thanks for having me out! Hope everything got buttoned up today.

Tony, thanks for showing me that tach light...was a lot of fun!

There were several camera's taking pics, so I didn't get many, but here they are.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/tomurphjr/IMG_2516.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/tomurphjr/IMG_2515.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/tomurphjr/IMG_2514.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/tomurphjr/IMG_2513.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/tomurphjr/IMG_2519.jpg

FastZR-1
07-10-2010, 8:12pm
Good job T.WAT.

4dschvy
07-10-2010, 8:56pm
Thanks for letting me come along. Sorry I had to bug out early but I had a date with a beautiful woman. Looked like you guys had it all under control.

Ford

Vet4jdc
07-11-2010, 8:16am
Glad I stopped by...finally got a chance to see the man cave in person and did some catching up with Mrs. Shrek.

:yesnod:

SteveG75
07-11-2010, 9:13am
It was a long, long fun day.

Lots of trial and error getting Joe's headers installed but they are done and the car actually ran when we were finished.

Hope Lee got home at a semi-reasonable hour.

I am not sure how many pics we have since we were all busy getting dirty (or cooking, Thanks Tom).

thegreenman
07-11-2010, 6:05pm
Some more pics.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0098.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0097.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0096.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0095.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0094.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0093.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0092.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0089.jpg

FastZR-1
07-11-2010, 8:28pm
Some more pics.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/thegreenman_photos/DSC_0098.jpg

Jimmy to Tony... "Yea, I just grabbed it like this and I don't know how it broke."

Tony... "I'll have to remember that trick next time Cathy wants me to fix the pool."

Cobra4B
07-11-2010, 9:17pm
Sorry I was a no show... was exhausted after vacation with my parents and needed some sleep, plus I only have 2 more weeks to get the silver car ready for the track so its down to the wire and I had to put the hours in on the car.

YorkL8apex
07-12-2010, 7:26pm
Jimmy to Tony... "Yea, I just grabbed it like this and I don't know how it broke."

Tony... "I'll have to remember that trick next time Cathy wants me to fix the pool."

So far I think I'm safe, there is no hard evidence of me actually doing anything :nono: so she still thinks I'm totally :confused5:not just semi-incompetent!!!:lolsmile: