PDA

View Full Version : I got this recently. (Guns)

VITE1
03-03-2012, 10:36pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/VITE1/2012-03-03222310.jpg

XDm 3.8" .45ACP Come with two mags. one 9 round the other 13.

In comparison to my Kimber 3"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/VITE1/2012-03-03223222.jpg

I've put a little over 300 rounds through it. Shoots well. Carry holster is on the way ( Stoner IWB)

snide
03-03-2012, 10:37pm
:thumbs: :thumbs:

:cheers:

Issues
03-03-2012, 10:45pm
:thumbs:

86RAG
03-03-2012, 11:14pm
SWEET! You guys are killin' me :drool:

jda67gta
03-03-2012, 11:44pm
nice :seasix:

Blademaker
03-04-2012, 7:40am
:seasix:

Bill
03-04-2012, 8:13am
:flag:

Carry on, proud American!

oh, and Q: can you tell a big difference between the +P loads and regular?

I have a box of Corbon I have never actually shot, so I have never tried anything but the Winchester white box, really.

cmb396
03-04-2012, 8:20am
Nice Paul! I carry my XD9 Sub, and also have an XDM9 4".

VITE1
03-04-2012, 8:54am
:flag:

Carry on, proud American!

oh, and Q: can you tell a big difference between the +P loads and regular?

I have a box of Corbon I have never actually shot, so I have never tried anything but the Winchester white box, really.
Yes, There is a difference. A little more recoil and a more pronounced bang.
The Bullet it self is suppose to be the third Generation of the Black Talon round.

Nice Paul! I carry my XD9 Sub, and also have an XDM9 4".

I have the full size XDm in.45 ACP. This one I will see how it feels for carry. With the new home in FL I most likely will transfer or get duplicates for home defense down there.

DJ_Critterus
03-04-2012, 11:46am
Nice weapon and good for carry. I tried it out and the grip (what..no handle?) didn't feel right. The full size XD for carry is my daily preference :thumbs:

They'll shoot jsut about any kind of .45ACP and JHP you can put through the pipe though. That's always a plus.

VITE1
03-04-2012, 12:09pm
Nice weapon and good for carry. I tried it out and the grip (what..no handle?) didn't feel right. The full size XD for carry is my daily preference :thumbs:

They'll shoot jsut about any kind of .45ACP and JHP you can put through the pipe though. That's always a plus.

It does feel a little off with the shorter mag. It has taken some getting use to. But given is 9+1 And the back up mag is 13 it will be wortht he effort. I feel with some practice I will get as good as I am with the Kimber.

And my Full size eats anything and is dead nuts accurate out to 60 feet.

cmb396
03-04-2012, 3:37pm
Yes, There is a difference. A little more recoil and a more pronounced bang.
The Bullet it self is suppose to be the third Generation of the Black Talon round.

I have the full size XDm in.45 ACP. This one I will see how it feels for carry. With the new home in FL I most likely will transfer or get duplicates for home defense down there.

Yea, I think I'm gonna get a full size XDM .45 too. Not sure I want one in a sub, I also carry my Kimber Ultra Tactical, just depends on the mood I guess!!

OddBall
03-04-2012, 3:38pm
Suh-weet! :seasix: :cool1:

DJ_Critterus
03-04-2012, 5:01pm
Yea, I think I'm gonna get a full size XDM .45 too. Not sure I want one in a sub, I also carry my Kimber Ultra Tactical, just depends on the mood I guess!!

This reminds me of the scene in Don't Be a Menace where the one guy is asking which gun goes best with his outfit :funnier:

VITE1
03-04-2012, 10:19pm
This reminds me of the scene in Don't Be a Menace where the one guy is asking which gun goes best with his outfit :funnier:

The XDm is for formal occasions. The Kimber is more for casual events.

Issues
03-04-2012, 10:36pm
Nice piece :seasix: I was looking at several Xd series guns and I like the looks and feel but a weee bit out of my budjet. So I chose that Taurus PT24/7 . But since I'm addicted now I just may put a Xd or XDm on layaway :D

cmb396
03-05-2012, 11:54am
:lol:
The XDm is for formal occasions. The Kimber is more for casual events.

It's actually partially true, all really depends on what shirt I wanna wear. The kimber sticks out slightly more with my crossbreed iwb holster, and the shorter grip on the Xd hardly shows at all, even with a tighter fitting t shirt. The Xd is a bit lighter too.

DJ_Critterus
03-05-2012, 12:27pm

It's actually partially true, all really depends on what shirt I wanna wear. The kimber sticks out slightly more with my crossbreed iwb holster, and the shorter grip on the Xd hardly shows at all, even with a tighter fitting t shirt. The Xd is a bit lighter too.

Y'all are gonna laugh at me for this, but I have 4 weapons for carry.

Judge
XD-45 tactical(Not shiny and full size)
Walther P22
Beretta 92FS

Yes, i can easily conceal them all and get to them quickly. The Walther is mostly for when I have to wear tighter fitting shirts or something that has to be tucked in. Very easy at close range (designed for that) and I do carry it with hollow points. Inside of 15 feet I can group within 1-2" with it, so the argument of "you'll only piss somebody off with that" goes right out the window.

The Baretta is jsut for shits and grins and I rarely carry, fire, or remove it fromt he case since it is somewhat of a collectors item. It's the US Army OEF edition with the markings inlaid on the slide.

The XD gets carried most often and especially when I know I won't be in tight quarters or lots of people around. The Judge gets carried with PDX1 shells most other times. I can carry both easily with loose fitting shirts and pants that actually fit (unlike my high school pants that hung off the bottom of my ass). I am most accurate with these two weapons (even with .45Colt rounds) as I like the bigger frames with more weight.

VITE1
03-05-2012, 12:39pm

Thats my thought as well. The Kimber prints when I just wear a shirt. The XDm has a lower profile grip. My Stoner IWB holster is due to ship this week. I will let you know how it feels.

DJ_Critterus
03-05-2012, 12:43pm
Thats my thought as well. The Kimber prints when I just wear a shirt. The XDm has a lower profile grip. My Stoner IWB holster is due to ship this week. I will let you know how it feels.

I have yet to find an IWB holster that doesn't print, plus I don't like to carry on my lower back hip area. What says OT? It's already too warm here for a jacket to wear shoulder holster (and I don't like them anyway).

Truck Guy
03-05-2012, 1:08pm
Nice. That's my next addition to the collection.
Glad to hear you like it. My XD9 Sub shoots great.
Glad to see Springfield has finally released the XDm3.8 in .45ACP :seasix:

RxCritical
03-05-2012, 6:50pm
I have yet to find an IWB holster that doesn't print, plus I don't like to carry on my lower back hip area. What says OT? It's already too warm here for a jacket to wear shoulder holster (and I don't like them anyway).

I like the Cross Breed Holsters. Check them out online.:cert: