PDA

View Full Version : Saw a bunch of tar balls in the canal today

Joecooool
06-02-2010, 2:58pm
Buddy's boat flooded at his dock and he asked me to come over this morning and help get it floated. His battery died and killed his bilge pumps. We put some air bags under the boat and got the boat floating again.

While it was partially submerged it had been bouncing off the dock. When we got the boat floating again, there was oil - tons of it - smeared all over the side of the boat. I was like ****, its here.

A guy from the Coast Guard showed up because they had gotten reports of tar balls in the canal. He told us that it wasn't from the gulf spill, it was from container ships that are going through the Gulf and Florida Straights. Apparently they are all dumping their bilge water because they figure the water is already fubar'ed so they won't get caught when they dump.

I'd like to shoot the bastards in the face.

Z06PDQ
06-02-2010, 3:39pm
I heard they have a new cocktail now called the Tar Ball. it's made of used Amalie & Ripple. :D :iagree: those ****ers need to be shot in the face. we keep this up & we won't have anything left. call me a Green Weenie or whatever the **** you want to. it's time we started doing something to our planet besides seeing how many times we can rape it for all it's worth.

Peter Pan
06-03-2010, 11:57am
What canal? Oh that is a bummer all the other boats taking advantage of BP, the oil disaster is bad enought without there help:cheers:

Z06PDQ
06-04-2010, 3:12pm
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/z06pdq/BPWhoopsie.jpg

theriver
06-09-2010, 12:28am
wow, nice to know about the "other" associated collateral damage due to miscreant captains allowing the bilge dump. People really are animals - if the saying "character is what someone does when nobody is looking" then we are fecked as a human race as the number of people not accepting responsibility and taking the easy way out are growing EXPONENTIALLY.

where are you located Joe? Panhandle area? also, what are these airbags to lift boats you speak of? that is neat.