PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Cleaning

Munch
05-29-2010, 9:46am
To clean all the road debris out of the radiator can you just pull the shroud and blow it out with air or a high pressure water hose or do you need to pull the radiator out some? Also should you blow from the front to the back or the back to the front? I'm guessing front to back but ya never can be too sure.

thegreenman
05-29-2010, 11:13am
The shroud is a pain to remove, I have taken mine off a couple of times, shouldn't need to remove to clean. I would think remove as much crap as you can manually being careful not to damage the radiator. After that use the hose from back to front to wash out more. If you go front to back it could jam in the debris tighter. There isn't much room to get behind the radiator as you know.

Let us know what works for you.

Sneaks
05-29-2010, 11:24am
Remove the top radiator cover, use air or water to blow out the crap from back to front. Then work from the top to the bottom between the radiator and AC condenser. Then front to back, and back to front again. Make sure you get in there really good.
Think of cleaning the radiator as if you were working a woman. Front to back top to bottom and everywhere in between......TWICE! :thumbs:
If you need more instruction than that Munch, I'll send a condolence card to your wife along with a pack of "D" Energizers. :rofl::rofl:

Munch
05-29-2010, 3:58pm
Think of cleaning the radiator as if you were working a woman.

So just put the ruffie in the overflow tank? :D

Sneaks
05-29-2010, 7:33pm
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rep:

oh1vette
06-03-2010, 11:22am
after that...get one of these:

C5 Corvette Radiator and Cooling Screen (http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5Radiator_screen.html)

Munch
06-03-2010, 6:06pm
after that...get one of these:

C5 Corvette Radiator and Cooling Screen (http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5Radiator_screen.html)

I'm afraid a bag would get stuck on there or a gradual accumulation of leaves and block the whole thing off. I guess it would all fall off once I stopped though.

Sneaks
06-03-2010, 10:03pm
Those screens are a waste of money. The holes are too big to really trap out all the small crud that makes its way into the radiator. It's onl good for blocking out chip bags and larger stuff.
JMO....:leaving: