PDA

View Full Version : N2O, Injectors & Fuel Pump

Munch
05-27-2010, 8:24pm
If one was to install a 150 shot dry nitrous system on a H/C LS1, obviously bigger injectors would be necessary but how much bigger? Also when do you start thinking about upgrading the fuel pump and do you go with a new pump or get the boost-a-pump thing?

Edumacate me. :cheers:

Sneaks
05-28-2010, 1:24pm
I searched a few tech articles on this same question before I bought my system. For a shot that size Munch, you would be pretty safe with a set of Z06 size injectors, and a boost-a-pump.
As for a HC car.....would depend on what size gas shooters you have in there now, and what duty cycle they are maxing out at already.
My question is: Why in hell would you want a dry shot? Rely on the puter and MAF to give you more fuel? Nahhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Wet shot is the way to go. :thumbs:

Z06PDQ
05-28-2010, 3:51pm
:iagree: on the wet shot. this has been beat to death for years [wet vs dry] one of the best sites I know of for tech info is Chevy | Camaro | Firebird Reviews, Performance Parts, Modifications - LS1Tech.com (http://www.ls1tech.com) if you haven't been there you need to check it out.especially http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/

Munch
05-28-2010, 8:44pm
I visit the LS1Tech Nitrous section every day! So there.

I like the idea of dry because I already have all this fancy computer crap on the car so why not take advantage of it and there is less junk under the hood which also raises the question.. Why are dry systems so much more expensive??

Anyhow, I already have 48lb injectors on the car so I'm good to go there although I don't know what % duty cycle they run but I will find out someday. I am too poor to buy a kit right now but I sure do want one!!! Sometimes I'm tempted to just buy a cheap wet kit for $300 and go blasting down the motorway. It's not like I have anywhere to run the car wide open but it just seems like a cool thing to have.

Z06PDQ
05-28-2010, 9:44pm

I like the idea of dry because I already have all this fancy computer crap on the car so why not take advantage of it and there is less junk under the hood which also raises the question.. Why are dry systems so much more expensive??

Anyhow, I already have 48lb injectors on the car so I'm good to go there although I don't know what % duty cycle they run but I will find out someday. I am too poor to buy a kit right now but I sure do want one!!! Sometimes I'm tempted to just buy a cheap wet kit for $300 and go blasting down the motorway. It's not like I have anywhere to run the car wide open but it just seems like a cool thing to have.

the lean spike once the nitrous is activated is why wet kits came to be in the first place. the computer will add fuel, but there is a slight hesitation before it recognizes the need for more fuel. engines have been melted in this brief period. but....you already knew that. :D

Y2Kvert4me
05-28-2010, 10:13pm
the lean spike once the nitrous is activated is why wet kits came to be in the first place. the computer will add fuel, but there is a slight hesitation before it recognizes the need for more fuel. engines have been melted in this brief period. but....you already knew that. :DThe preferable way to utilize a dry kit is via a custom OS in the PCM, with a "dual mode tune" which can be triggered instantly with N2O activation.

This allows one to not only revise fueling requirements, but also control timing advance during nitrous application...not waiting on any sensor feedback.

:cheers:

Munch
05-28-2010, 10:30pm
the lean spike once the nitrous is activated is why wet kits came to be in the first place. the computer will add fuel, but there is a slight hesitation before it recognizes the need for more fuel. engines have been melted in this brief period. but....you already knew that. :D

The preferable way to utilize a dry kit is via a custom OS in the PCM, with a "dual mode tune" which can be triggered instantly with N2O activation.

This allows one to not only revise fueling requirements, but also control timing advance during nitrous application...not waiting on any sensor feedback.

I believe this is why they have nitrous controllers now. But honestly I only know enough to be dangerous.

Z06PDQ
05-29-2010, 8:29am
I like my n2o like my women............. wet. :D

Sneaks
05-29-2010, 11:31am

Uhhhh Munchers.....dry kits are cheaper than wet kits cuse you have less line and one less noid in the kit, brutha. What kits/sites have you been looking at where wet kits are cheaper than dry ones? :confused5:

I like my n2o like my women.............
wet, and kickin' me in the arse every chance they get. :D

So, you're into the kinky **** huh? :rofl:

Munch
05-29-2010, 12:48pm
Uhhhh Munchers.....dry kits are cheaper than wet kits cuse you have less line and one less noid in the kit, brutha. What kits/sites have you been looking at where wet kits are cheaper than dry ones? :confused5:

Sudden Impact wet plate kit $524 (http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=384&cat=117&page=1)

Sudden impact dry plate kit $649 (http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=429&cat=127&page=1)

The dry is more because it comes with the "Interface" nitrous controller. But even after that you still need to get the "accessory kit" which is like $400 or something so it's like $1K to get set up. And yes I want all the gizmos and gadgets.

Sneaks
05-29-2010, 7:17pm
It's the controller that makes the difference in the price of those two kits. Add the controller to the wet kit and it's much more than the dry man.
The controller alone is $189.00. Take that off the price of the kit and you're looking at $450.00 for the kit. About a C note cheaper than the wet kit.
Get the wet kit, add in a MicroEdge controller, and be set. :thumbs:

Munch
05-29-2010, 8:13pm
You make a good argument but the microedge doesn't pull timing.

I forget, did you get the plate system?

Sneaks
05-30-2010, 7:40am
Didn't go with a plate. Went with the nozzle system. You're right, the Micro doesn't pull timing, you need the interface for that. :cheers: