PDA

View Full Version : Choppy idle

Munch
05-26-2010, 7:29pm
I pulled the air bridge and top of the Vararam to clean the filter and after I put it back on it now idles all choppy and a little fast. When I go from drive to park it surges up and then settles down to a rough idle again. I unplugged the IAT while it was running and the engine raced and went back down when I plugged it back in. I unplugged the MAF and the engine raced and went back down when I plugged it back in. Checked the wires and they look fine and there are no codes in the DIC aside from the normal ones I always have for my lights.

I drove it to the store and it seemed to run fine just race and stumble at idle so I came home took it apart again, checked for air leaks and checked the wires but it's still the same. It's just sitting here idling right now in hopes it will work itself out.

I got in it and in park revved it up to 3k for a few seconds and it almost felt like there was a little miss and when I let off the gas it dropped down to about 600rpm and then kinda surged up to 11k and the bumped around between 8 and 11. Still no codes.

Dammit.

Garb55
05-26-2010, 8:43pm
Did you try and unhook the battery for 5 min or soo? That should reset the computer. If not give that a shot.

Cobra4B
05-26-2010, 8:49pm
Throttle position sensor?

Munch
05-26-2010, 9:54pm
I took everything apart and reassembled it, did the idle relearn and then drove it around for 30 miles at different speeds. It's a lot better but still not right. If I'm stopped in drive it idles around 800 but once I start rolling it will idle up to almost 1500 and go like 30mph without touching the gas.

Damn fussy car.

Cobra4B
05-26-2010, 10:15pm
Maybe take the MAF out and clean it very lightly w/ some CRC MAF cleaner and a q-tip? Maybe you got some grease/oil on the MAF wire?

allthrottleandsomebottle
05-27-2010, 6:32am
Assure the silicone couplers are tight and sealed all the wat around to the TB & Air bridge.........

WKMCD
05-27-2010, 6:50am
Maybe take the MAF out and clean it very lightly w/ some CRC MAF cleaner and a q-tip? Maybe you got some grease/oil on the MAF wire?

:iagree: Clean the MAF and make sure there are no air leaks after the MAF.

Munch
05-27-2010, 4:23pm
Whoever said "You're an idiot so make sure the PCV hose to the intake is connected" was right.

Thanks for you're insight! :cheers:

Y2Kvert4me
05-27-2010, 4:35pm
Whoever said "You're an idiot so make sure the PCV hose to the intake is connected" was right.

Thanks for you're insight! :cheers:Guess you found your air leak. :D

:cheers:

WKMCD
05-27-2010, 5:00pm

Thanks for you're insight! :cheers:

Is that after the MAF????? :rofl: