island14
02-10-2012, 11:06am
I think she pissed dad off

NB2K
02-10-2012, 11:08am
I get why he did it, but I sense just a tad bit of dysfunction.:D

ConstantChange
02-10-2012, 11:11am
I bet that's not going to end like the dad expected. He'll regret making that video.

Cybercowboy
02-10-2012, 11:16am
Well she ****ed up.

Yamma
02-10-2012, 11:17am
The kid needed it. These days kids are entirely too disrespectful and think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter.

jaxgator
02-10-2012, 11:18am
The kid needed it. These days kids are entirely too disrespectful and think the world should be handed to them on a silver platter.

:iagree: The entitlement generation.

kingpin
02-10-2012, 11:20am
HOW SHE GOT CAUGHT: The Dog Did It.. no, really.

I finally came out and told her this today, partly because it was too funny NOT to share.

When my daughter made her post, she used Facebook's privacy settings to block "Family" and "Church" friend's lists. All her other friends could see it. We, of course could not.

One of our dogs is always getting in photos and therefore has her own Facebook page. It's just a cute dumb thing we did for fun. Well, the dog's profile is rarely used except when funny pictures of her are posted. Since that's not too often, and she has very few friends on Facebook, her wall is kind of bare, with relatively few posts showing up on it.

The other night we gave the dog a bath and there was a funny photo we uploaded to Facebook and tagged her in. I logged in as the dog the next morning to comment on the photo. However when I logged into the dog's profile, my daughter had forgotten to add her to the "family" list.... so our family dog's profile showed her post right there on the front page.

It wasn't any parent-hacking, computer spying, or monitoring of any kind.. the dog actually ratted her out completely by accident. She hasn't petted that dog all day today...

kingpin
02-10-2012, 11:21am
For those that wondered, commented, criticized, and just in general wanted to know:
My daughter came through it fine.

Yes, she's in trouble, and yes she's grounded, but that doesn't mean every moment of her life has to be miserable. She's going to come to terms with the changes that will be present for a while; no TV privileges, no Internet, etc.

In the meantime, once the initial anger passed, she sat with me reviewing some of the comments that have come in via Facebook and YouTube. One person even suggested collecting the shell casings and auctioning them on eBay. I said I’d do it if it would help contribute to her college fund! When I told her about it, she thought a minute, got a funny calculating expression on her face and said, “in that case you should shoot my phone too. We can use more bullets and I’ll go half-sies with ya on it! It’s not like I’m going to need it any time soon. And I can use the money we get to buy a new one.”

While the whole point of this story isn’t funny, what is funny to me is how weak some people out there think kids are. Our kids are as strong as we help them to be. My daughter took a horrible day in her life, had her crying fit, then got over it, accepted her punishment, and hasn’t let it (or people’s comments) destroy her strength. I don’t get any credit for that. She’s strong and able to overcome almost anything life throws at her.

Since this unsuspectingly threw her into the limelight much more strongly than either of us intended, I asked her if she wanted to make her own response video, and told her I’d let her do it if she wanted to. She doesn’t like being in front of the camera, so she declined, but I’ve told her if she wants to write a response or post a video response, I’d be OK with it. It’s only fair considering the viral nature of the whole thing. So far she’s not really interested. Quite frankly it seems she’s gotten bored of it much faster than the general public has. If that changes I’ll post it here.

Blademaker
02-10-2012, 11:29am

:iagree: 100%

island14
02-10-2012, 11:50am
I understand his frustration and I give him credit for taking her to task publically.

However, shooting the laptop was flat out stupid. It also leads me to wonder just what kind of domestic life she might have.

Everyone in the family should be doing something for the family. Dad could have stopped at "owning" her publically and it would have sent a much better message than being billy badazz and bustin' a cap in the laptop.

Just my .02 FWIW.

:iagree:

What a waste of bullets...

Should have used an Axe

nhlgopens
02-10-2012, 11:55am
Love it... glad I don't have to deal with that.

NB2K
02-10-2012, 12:21pm
I understand his frustration and I give him credit for taking her to task publically.

However, shooting the laptop was flat out stupid. It also leads me to wonder just what kind of domestic life she might have.

Everyone in the family should be doing something for the family. Dad could have stopped at "owning" her publically and it would have sent a much better message than being billy badazz and bustin' a cap in the laptop.

Just my .02 FWIW.

I tend to agree.

With kids you have to realize that all kids don't respond the same way.
Some are better with a carrot, some are better with a stick.

That being said, I never offer parenting advice unless asked.

Biggest things are, the Dad is the leader of the house and you never give up on doing the right thing.

The single biggest fail I see is that parents are too effin' lazy to raise their kids and then they wonder why the kids are F-ups.

RedLS1GTO
02-10-2012, 12:40pm
What a little bitch.

...although I don't necessarily agree with good 'ole dad's handling of it.

I'm not a parent myself so I am not even going to begin to say how I would handle it. All I know is that the "entitled" kids of today must be incredibly frustrating for parents. It was hard enough dealing with the ones that worked for me in the Navy.

I can't even imagine what my dad would have done if I wrote some sh*t like that when I was 15. To that same note, I can't ever imagine actually thinking like that in the first place.

GS Ragtop
02-10-2012, 12:57pm
The guy seems to have his head screwed on straight. The gun thing was a bit over the top (:)), but otherwise he seems to be showing his girl the right way -- here's his post on his FB page:

Attention Media Outlets:
While we appreciate the interest you're all putting forth to get in touch with us regarding the video, we're not going to go on your talk show, not going to call in to your radio show, and not going to be in your TV mini-series.

Some of you think I made an acceptable parenting decision and others think I didn't. However, I can't think of any way myself or my daughter can respond to a media outlet that won't be twisted out of context. The Dallas news TV news already showed that in their brief 5 minute interview with the psychologist.

Additionally, there's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this. It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's now how I was raised, nor how she has been raised.

So I say thank you from all of us. If we have anything to say, we'll say it here on Facebook, and we'll say it publicly, but we won't say it to a microphone or a camera. There are too many other REAL issues out there that could use this attention you're giving us. My daughter isn't hurt, emotionally scarred, or otherwise damaged, but that kind of publicity has never seemed to be to have a positive effect on any child or family.

If you're a news outlet that wants to ask us a question, feel free to so via email. I'm sure by now my email address is easy enough to find. It might take me awhile to get to a response because I'd have to sort through the "Die you bastard" emails to find it, but we will respond if its something that we feel merits it. Otherwise, sorry... no interviews, no talk shows, no call-ins.

If we respond to anything, it will be on here, and it will be in a way that our words can't be misconstrued or edited for appeal to specific audience or shock value.

Now, I'm going to try to get to work for the day.
Best of luck to all of you out there... and PLEASE give my phone a break.

SubZero
02-10-2012, 1:29pm
and who's fault is that? Maybe if the parents were procactive instead of reactive, they wouldn't have raised a spoiled brat. :shots::leaving:

I also think the father is a typical texas bullshitter when he says he was out on his own at 16, went to college while going to highschool :rolleyes: worked two jobs and was a volunteer fireman :rofl::rofl:

American Made
02-10-2012, 1:42pm
Princess hater father. :D:leaving:

RedLS1GTO
02-10-2012, 1:48pm
He missed the 3rd shot...marksman.

I thought the same thing... it hit right in the logo (or whatever it is) on the bottom left corner.

American Made
02-10-2012, 1:49pm
I thought the same thing... it hit right in the logo (or whatever it is) on the bottom left corner.

Yeah that's right...dammit :lol:

dwjz06
02-10-2012, 2:29pm
Good Message.:seasix: Kinda shot himself in the foot really.:D $130 to fix the laptop. Probably bought the laptop in the first place. $500 on up? $10 on ammo. mensa group he is not.:rofl: Looks to me like he is out some serious coin that his non-working daughter will not be able to pay back:D:lol: Good show, but lucky he did not get hit back in the nuts from one of the rounds bouncing off a rock or something metal in the ground:lol:

dwjz06
02-10-2012, 2:38pm
Where are all the gun safety nazi's? :leaving::D:lol: Not one of those. I love shooting stuff up just down range, and even then I have had some blow back off of backstops:D:lol::cert:

jaxgator
02-10-2012, 2:53pm
and who's fault is that? Maybe if the parents were procactive instead of reactive, they wouldn't have raised a spoiled brat. :shots::leaving:

Don't always blame the parents. My gf has a son and she surely didn't raise him with that attitude. However, he still feels entitled. Why? Because his friends' parents raised there kids like that and he feels he should get the same treatment as them.

BADRACR1
02-11-2012, 12:06am

I finally came out and told her this today, partly because it was too funny NOT to share.

When my daughter made her post, she used Facebook's privacy settings to block "Family" and "Church" friend's lists. All her other friends could see it. We, of course could not.

One of our dogs is always getting in photos and therefore has her own Facebook page. It's just a cute dumb thing we did for fun. Well, the dog's profile is rarely used except when funny pictures of her are posted. Since that's not too often, and she has very few friends on Facebook, her wall is kind of bare, with relatively few posts showing up on it.

The other night we gave the dog a bath and there was a funny photo we uploaded to Facebook and tagged her in. I logged in as the dog the next morning to comment on the photo. However when I logged into the dog's profile, my daughter had forgotten to add her to the "family" list.... so our family dog's profile showed her post right there on the front page.

It wasn't any parent-hacking, computer spying, or monitoring of any kind.. the dog actually ratted her out completely by accident. She hasn't petted that dog all day today...

Dude, that's you in the video? Seriously?

Torqaholic
02-11-2012, 1:35am
Knew what was coming the instant he said the word bullet.
Was not expecting to see such an awesome display of ignorance regarding magazine capaity though.

NB2K
02-11-2012, 9:30am
Knew what was coming the instant he said the word bullet.
Was not expecting to see such an awesome display of ignorance regarding magazine capaity though.

Good catch and I agree.

"Wait, I think I have one more...Maybe another? Yep...":lol:

Me2
02-11-2012, 11:08am
That chair he's sitting in looks really uncomfortable.

Bill
02-11-2012, 12:18pm

Just my .02 FWIW.

Good Message.:seasix: Kinda shot himself in the foot really.:D $130 to fix the laptop. Probably bought the laptop in the first place. $500 on up? $10 on ammo. mensa group he is not.:rofl: Looks to me like he is out some serious coin that his non-working daughter will not be able to pay back:D:lol: Good show, but lucky he did not get hit back in the nuts from one of the rounds bouncing off a rock or something metal in the ground:lol:

:iagree:

This reminds me of people getting mad and throwing shit. Upset? Throw your phone, or maybe a dish against the wall? Real smart. Now you are upset AND you no longer have a functional phone or dish.

The father could have made his point much better by either selling the laptop, or giving it away to another relative. Either way, he has demonstrated to the daughter that actions have consequences, without teaching her the lesson that destroying your own stuff is a smart solution to problems. Maybe he should have emptied her bank acount and had a bonfire of $ 1's, too?

While I feel for dad, he has demonstrated himself to be not rational. Not a great trait for anybody.

Thud
02-11-2012, 9:16pm
Which CF PR&C member is that in the video?

kingpin
02-11-2012, 9:22pm
That dude was mad.
He was more then mad, he was phuckin' pissed off royally.
You could hear it in his voice and it was obvious.
I would of put her bedroom in the barn and then shot her notebook.

NB2K
02-11-2012, 9:26pm
That dude was mad.
He was more then mad, he was phuckin' pissed off royally.
You could hear it in his voice and it was obvious.
I would of put her bedroom in the barn and then shot her notebook.

That cigarette looked good, too.

Thud
02-12-2012, 10:59am

So... what was wrong with the laptop that required $130 to fix? :lol:

Fasglas
02-12-2012, 11:32am
The matter was handled well.

Chuck A
02-12-2012, 12:36pm
he stuttttttttttttttttttttters a lot, i agree why waste bullets, i would have hit it with a hammer instead, than urinated on it
very disgusting indeed, yes i know