PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Spiderman Trailer.

kingpin
02-07-2012, 6:32pm
The Amazing Spiderman - Trailer 1 (HD) - YouTube

The Amazing Spider-Man - Trailer No. 2 Video ? 5min.com

C5Nate
02-07-2012, 6:38pm
Pretty cool...I like the Go Cam type shots.

kingpin
02-07-2012, 6:42pm
I wonder if this spiderman will out do Toby from the original movie.
I thought Toby was pretty good. He seemed to fit the geeky type persona well.

C5Nate
02-07-2012, 6:45pm
I wonder if this spiderman will out do Toby from the original movie.
I thought Toby was pretty good. He seemed to fit the geeky type persona well.

:yesnod:

burtonbl103
02-07-2012, 6:51pm
WOW

How did i miss this ?

jeff w
02-07-2012, 8:43pm
I couldn't stand the Toby movies. Hopefully these will be better.

snide
02-07-2012, 8:45pm
Did the Spiderman franchise really need a reboot?

Datawiz
02-08-2012, 5:35am

This

ASTROCREEP
02-08-2012, 5:47am
:iagree:

Sea Six
02-08-2012, 6:34am
:withstupid:

ApexOversteer
02-08-2012, 2:17pm

You've spent 10 years and >$600MM making three movies. That investment has earned you $1.1B. Now the entire cast and crew of those three movies f*cks off because they've done what they set out to do.

That $1.1B tells you one thing; audiences want more of this character. But then you go onto the internet and you read what people are actually saying about your movies after they've paid you to see it.

They say; First movie was really good, second movie was great, and the third movie was like finding a turd in a swimming pool.

That should tell you something; Not as many people were going to come back to see your fourth movie.

So...this character has major draw power at the cinema, and money smells nice, but your production crew kinda screwed the pooch with that last movie.

What do you do? You have $200MM to gamble, do you keep going this way, or Reboot. So yes... if you're looking purely at numbers and the opinions of the Mom's Basement Gang, reboot is the safe bet.

Bucwheat
02-08-2012, 2:30pm
Looks like a good one.

PLRX
02-08-2012, 2:58pm
Ill see a matinee and if it sucks I will squeeze into another theater and watch another one. :D

C5SilverBullet
02-08-2012, 4:56pm
The point of view shots are pretty awesome.

Chris Fowler
02-08-2012, 5:10pm
I like that they're bringing back the Spiderman quips.

ApexOversteer
02-08-2012, 5:36pm
I like that they're bringing back the Spiderman quips.

Yeah, that is nice to see, but since when was Peter Parker filled with angst about the death of his parents? Big character shift.

If people bitched about a Norse God being a black man in Thor, I can't wait to hear the opinion of Emo Spidey...

kingpin
02-08-2012, 5:49pm
Yeah, that is nice to see, but since when was Peter Parker filled with angst about the death of his parents? Big character shift.

If people bitched about a Norse God being a black man in Thor, I can't wait to hear the opinion of Emo Spidey...

Peter Parker was a bit of emo head case in the comic books. I've read them all from the Amazing Spiderman series, to Spectacular Spiderman to Web of Spiderman collections. Granted I've read nothing for the past 15 years.
My collection was almost all Spidey.

He's always had a bit of that self pity and the world is against me feeling. Whether it was because of Mary Jane and wanting to be a normal human or the killing and death of Dr. Osborne the original Green Goblin.

ApexOversteer
02-08-2012, 6:04pm
Peter Parker was a bit of emo head case in the comic books. I've read them all from the Amazing Spiderman series, to Spectacular Spiderman to Web of Spiderman collections. Granted I've read nothing for the past 15 years.
My collection was almost all Spidey.

He's always had a bit of that self pity and the world is against me feeling. Whether it was because of Mary Jane and wanting to be a normal human or the killing and death of Dr. Osborne the original Green Goblin.

Exactly, he was a Joebuck. The new Peter Parker is a bit darker than that.

Besides that, it's the thing with his parents that is getting under my skin. It was just never an issue before and they sure as hell didn't work at Oscorp with Dr. Connors.

I don't think it is a good idea to change the motivation of such a character, especially if you're doing it during his origin. This changes the whole dynamic between Peter, Curt Connors and the Osbourn family.

This is a 3rd movie plot, not appropriate for the origin film.

kingpin
02-08-2012, 6:09pm
Exactly, he was a Joebuck. The new Peter Parker is a bit darker than that.

Besides that, it's the thing with his parents that is getting under my skin. It was just never an issue before and they sure as hell didn't work at Oscorp with Dr. Connors

Don't forget Peter started to become "darker" when the black alien suit(Venom) showed up in Web of Spiderman. So he is not new to it but it really doesn't suit him.

Come to think of it you are right that you never read much about his parents. It was always his Uncle's death that bothered him. Did Aunt May die in the comics yet?

ApexOversteer
02-08-2012, 6:19pm
Don't forget Peter started to become "darker" when the black alien suit(Venom) showed up in Web of Spiderman. So he is not new to it but it really doesn't suit him.

Come to think of it you are right that you never read much about his parents. It was always his Uncle's death that bothered him. Did Aunt May die in the comics yet?

Nope, she is still alive, mostly due to some time/space shenanigans by Mephisto, at the behest of Peter and MJ, who traded their marriage for Aunt May's life and Peter's secret identity.

She married J. Jonah Jameson's father. That technically makes J. Jonah Jameson Peter Parker's step-cousin, and there is something awesome about that irony.

kingpin
02-08-2012, 6:28pm
Nope, she is still alive, mostly due to some time/space shenanigans by Mephisto, at the behest of Peter and MJ, who traded their marriage for Aunt May's life and Peter's secret identity.

She married J. Jonah Jameson's father. That technically makes J. Jonah Jameson Peter Parker's step-cousin, and there is something awesome about that irony.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Damn, I thought MJ was dead. :skep:

J.J. is awesome. :hurray:

ApexOversteer
02-08-2012, 6:43pm
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Damn, I thought MJ was dead. :skep:

J.J. is awesome. :hurray:

MJ is still alive, still loves Peter secretly. She even had spiderpowers for a short time...

stingraymyway
02-09-2012, 12:55am

Just because Toby isn't doing the role shouldn't mean it has to start over again.

snide
02-09-2012, 7:52am

This

:iagree:

:withstupid:

Just because Toby isn't doing the role shouldn't mean it has to start over again.

You've spent 10 years and >$600MM making three movies. That investment has earned you $1.1B. Now the entire cast and crew of those three movies f*cks off because they've done what they set out to do.

That $1.1B tells you one thing; audiences want more of this character. But then you go onto the internet and you read what people are actually saying about your movies after they've paid you to see it.

They say; First movie was really good, second movie was great, and the third movie was like finding a turd in a swimming pool.

That should tell you something; Not as many people were going to come back to see your fourth movie.

So...this character has major draw power at the cinema, and money smells nice, but your production crew kinda screwed the pooch with that last movie.

What do you do? You have $200MM to gamble, do you keep going this way, or Reboot. So yes... if you're looking purely at numbers and the opinions of the Mom's Basement Gang, reboot is the safe bet.

The last Superman reboot worked out so well...

_Nomad_
02-09-2012, 2:40pm
The last Superman reboot worked out so well...

that's why they are doing another reboot. Produced by the Nolan brothers (Chris Nolan directed the last three Batman movies) and directed by Zach Snyder (300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch...I'm a bit dubious about that choice of director) "The Man Of Steel" is due out in summer of 2013.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/superman1.jpg

Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/Superman3.jpg

Russell Crow as the unwashed Jor El...I know, I know. All he's missing is a baseball cap and a beer in his hand.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/Superman4.jpg

On the set fighting CGI Zod.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/Superman2.jpg

snide
02-09-2012, 2:50pm
that's why they are doing another reboot. Produced by the Nolan brothers (Chris Nolan directed the last three Batman movies) and directed by Zach Snyder (300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch...I'm a bit dubious about that choice of director) "The Man Of Steel" is due out in summer of 2013.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/superman1.jpg

Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/Superman3.jpg

Russell Crow as the unwashed Jor El...I know, I know. All he's missing is a baseball cap and a beer in his hand.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/Superman4.jpg

On the set fighting CGI Zod.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/Nomad_Pix/Forum%20pics/Superman2.jpg

Nope, this isn't gonna suck hard. :rolleyes: