PDA

View Full Version : Another puzzy discovery (perhaps)

lspencer534
02-07-2012, 11:12am
My cat, Annie, likes to crawl in bed with me at night; while I get drowsy she likes to snuggle against my chest. Lately she's started licking my chin a few times, her version of a kiss, I suppose. Last night she got a little carried away and bit my chin. Nothing serious, but I take blood thinners, and I bleed easily and profusely. I felt blood running down my chin and decided to get out of bed and put a Band-Aid on.

Annie had other thoughts. She insisted on licking the bloody area; I found this a bit repulsive, so I pushed her away and went to the bath room to survey the damage. I looked in the mirror and ran my hand over my chin. It was covered in this very sticky stuff, and there was no blood! I knew I had been bleeding because there was blood on my hand where I had wiped my chin.

Like I said, I bleed freely from the tiniest cut. The only thing I can figure is that Annie's saliva had some kind of coagulant in it. I got to thinking about how animals lick themselves when they're bleeding/injured, and it seems to stop the bleeding. Any comments/experience with this?

Mike Mercury
02-07-2012, 11:17am
http://www.best-cat-art.com/images/CatBite250x345.jpg

DAB
02-07-2012, 11:21am
you've turned into that 'crazy cat dude'

Knooger
02-07-2012, 11:21am
This thread reaks of bestiality.

Bucwheat
02-07-2012, 11:31am
I have heard of that before,next time sleep with a leach.You won't even know you have been bit

Stangkiller
02-07-2012, 11:31am
you've turned into that 'crazy cat dude'

:iagree:

Sea Six
02-07-2012, 11:53am
You're not supposed to put the peanut butter on your chin.

Jobaka
02-07-2012, 12:00pm
Apparently, human, dog, and cat saliva all aid in the coagulation of blood, but they're also loaded with bacteria. I'll stick with soap and water, hydrogen peroxide, and neosporin, thank you very much.

Yerf Dog
02-07-2012, 12:14pm
Apparently, human, dog, and cat saliva all aid in the coagulation of blood, but they're also loaded with bacteria. I'll stick with soap and water, hydrogen peroxide, and neosporin, thank you very much.

:iagree:

She probably licked her butt right before she licked your face. :willy:

lspencer534
02-07-2012, 12:54pm

So I hear, and I don't dispute this at all. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I have been bitten and clawed by cats numerous times, and I have never had an infection from it. I just let the wound bleed as long as it wants and put a bandage on. Perhaps because I'm a sort of a "bleeder" the wound gets cleansed that way.

Jobaka
02-07-2012, 1:00pm
So I hear, and I don't dispute this at all. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I have been bitten and clawed by cats numerous times, and I have never had an infection from it. I just let the wound bleed as long as it wants and put a bandage on. Perhaps because I'm a sort of a "bleeder" the wound gets cleansed that way.

So you rinse from the inside out. That works, too.

Olustee bus
02-08-2012, 5:44am
My cat will playfully attack and then start licking. It does that with toys also.

G8rDMD
02-08-2012, 7:29am
My cat will playfully attack and then start licking. It does that with toys also.

Mine too. I think it's like him saying, "I'MA KILL YOU FOOL!!!! Naw, I'm just playin' yo."

SnikPlosskin
02-08-2012, 9:12am
It's the butt residue that coagulates. When they lick their butts, they are just moving the residue from the butt to the wound.

Dogs, on the other hand, can actually use a suture.