PDA

View Full Version : Wall Safe Suggestions ??

Jeff '79
02-06-2012, 11:18pm
I like the idea of a biometric wall safe but I hear that they are unreliable when reading fingerprints, at times. Can anyone share their experiences, and possibly recommend a decent, but not too expensive, in between the studs, wall safe ?
I like these two, personally.
Viking Security VS-82 BM Biometric Fingerprint Wall Safe VS-82 BM at SafesAtoZ.com (http://www.safesatoz.com/1029765107-1.html)
http://www.safesatoz.com/mesa-maws2113e-1.html

pappytinker
02-07-2012, 12:13am
Regardless of the type of safe you get, carefully consider the size and your intended purpose. A variation of Murphy's Law will affect you. That is; the amount of stuff that you want to keep in the safe will quickly exceed the capacity of said safe.

Jeff '79
02-07-2012, 7:23am
It's basically for a pistol in my bedroom. I have a safe for the other stuff. I'd prolly put all the important keys that I have in there too.

NEVRL8T
02-07-2012, 9:06am
It's basically for a pistol in my bedroom. I have a safe for the other stuff. I'd prolly put all the important keys that I have in there too.

If that's the case, just stuff the items between the mattress and box springs. :leaving:

JStockton
02-07-2012, 11:44am
Just make sure you have metric tools on the 2nd one..

Did you read the one old guys review? WTF? LOL!

American Made
02-07-2012, 4:52pm
A pistol in a safe is cool for when you are ordered to open it and have a last chance quick draw against the home invasion robbers. :D I do just because my stainless 686 is my fav so I keep it there. I have a 44 mag under a cushion in the living room and xd .40 next to the bed and a 12 gauge under the bed. I also have another 12 gauge downstairs in my gym. If kids are around I get it but a locked up gun is a useless gun IMO.

Jeff '79
02-07-2012, 7:26pm
Just make sure you have metric tools on the 2nd one..

Did you read the one old guys review? WTF? LOL!

:yesnod: Ya, I'm like, "that was a big help"...Even a retard can do it....:seasix:...:rofl:

Jeff '79
02-07-2012, 8:10pm
So no one has a biometric wall safe hu ???...:kick:

G8rDMD
02-07-2012, 8:17pm

I'd rather have a combination lock/keypad. With a biometric scanner, a thief only need kill you and sever your thumb to access the safe. With a combo, you gotta be alive for them to beat it out of you :rofl:

Jeff '79
02-07-2012, 8:31pm
I'd rather have a combination lock/keypad. With a biometric scanner, a thief only need kill you and sever your thumb to access the safe. With a combo, you gotta be alive for them to beat it out of you :rofl:

I never thought of that....My neighbor, John, with whom I shoot with, works in an ammo factory, and they had many biometric safes for their guns. They hated them because of the unreliability of the fingerprint scanners. Apparently sweat, dirt, and numerous other factors, affect the ease of opening. They became such a PITA, that they don't use biometric anymore, and now have all keypad safes. I think that I will follow his advice and get one with a keypad, and a keyed backup. This MESA looks like a winner, with the adjustable depth, and lighted interior, as well as adjustable shelves. Not a bad price either...
Mesa MAWS2113 Adjustable Wall Safe SafesAtoZ.com (http://www.safesatoz.com/mesa-maws2113e-1.html#reviewstab)

JRD77VET
02-07-2012, 9:54pm

You have kids at home? If so, how old?

Jeff '79
02-07-2012, 10:06pm
You have kids at home? If so, how old?

No kids left here. We do have visits occasionally though.

JRD77VET
02-07-2012, 10:08pm
No kids left here. We do have visits occasionally though.

Then keep the weapon loaded by the bed ( or under the mattress ). If you need it, it's not going to work well IN the safe

island14
02-07-2012, 10:40pm
I just hide the money under the laundry, wife will never look there

Jeff '79
02-07-2012, 11:05pm
Then keep the weapon loaded by the bed ( or under the mattress ). If you need it, it's not going to work well IN the safe

I'm not quite sure my wife will go for that, quite yet. We'll see. That'd be my preferred solution though. I'm just getting her into the pistol thing, so I gotta take it a bit slow, seeing she's a bleeding liberal. Such is life.