PDA

View Full Version : Greco - whoa-man: Intended victims fight back during cellphone robbery

wicked_c6
02-06-2012, 11:44am
Hopefully this spate of would be robbers dying continues.

A would-be robber was killed in New Jersey when his intended victims fought back, police say.

Gian Davis, 30, approached two college students around 1:30 a.m. Saturday and asked to use a cellphone so he could call a cab, the Star-Ledger of Newark reports.

One of the students said he would make the call for Davis, who then asked to shake the student’s hand in thanks, according to the paper. But Davis instead grabbed the phone and hit one of the students in the head.

One of the men lunged to get the phone back and Davis put him in a headlock, according to NBC New York. Then, law-enforcement sources say the other man, a former high school wrestler, pulled Davis off his friend and put the would-be robber in a headlock.

The student was able to subdue Davis by "placing a hold with both arms to restrain the suspect from further injuring his friend," according to a police report obtained by the Star-Ledger.

Once Davis was in the hold, the two students called authorities.

Officers who responded to the call took Davis to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

Davis had prior arrests for aggravated assault and theft, according to NBC New York. He was released from his last stint in jail on July 22.

Read more: Intended Victims Fight Back During Cellphone Robbery, Killing Would-be Thief | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/05/intended-victims-fight-back-during-cellphone-robbery-killing-would-be-thief/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz1lcYbpuza)

onedef92
02-06-2012, 12:41pm
I felt that headline, Wicked! :rasta:

Stangkiller
02-06-2012, 12:46pm
I like a good story with a happy ending!

Yerf Dog
02-06-2012, 12:47pm
Bad guy was restrained to death?

wicked_c6
02-06-2012, 2:14pm
I felt that headline, Wicked! :rasta:

I'm trying to learn from the master. That one took no time to put together... :)

wicked_c6
02-06-2012, 2:15pm
Bad guy was restrained to death?

Sounds to me like he half or full nelsoned (hmmm maybe sleeper hold - I dunno...I hate wrasslin') the mofo... Maybe kept the hold on way past when his lights were out...

In either case...this Nelson approves!

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/4/40/Picture0003.jpg

Bill
02-06-2012, 7:52pm
"We're sorry....your robbery did not go through. Will you please try your robbery again later....in about 8-12 months? This is a recording."

onedef92
02-07-2012, 9:06am
I'm trying to learn from the master. That one took no time to put together... :)

The good ones always fly right off the synapses with no noticeable cognitive effort. You are not far from headline nirvana (and shit). :seasix: