PDA

View Full Version : The dollar SUX!! (Paging Harry)

island14
02-06-2012, 3:40am
1 U.S. Dollar = 41.2805 Philippine Pesos

This was today from a paypal withdraw, they usually pay about 1 point below the daily exchange.

In 2003 the exchange was about 56.7 peso to 1 dollar, I didn't even mind so much when it dropped to 50/1

But now it really SUX! Not only have we lost a great deal on the spending power of the dollar, inflation has risen prices here about 1/3

Harry, I remember reading a few months back in a thread that you thought the dollar will keep going down.

Why? how bad do you think it will get?

Anyone else have any thought about this? :bilmem:

:waiting:

Torqaholic
02-06-2012, 4:21am
The bottom limit is zero. It's so close now I'm amazed anybody cares.

http://www.mediafreedominternational.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Dollar-Value.jpg

Nobody knows when it will hit zero. Official estimates are 5-10 years. Probably happen so fast you won't know until it's over. Hard to know, only one thing is certain... It's going to make lousy toilet paper.

island14
02-06-2012, 5:44am
Makes me wonder if I should change the currency that is accepted at my website

VatorMan
02-06-2012, 6:34am
Dude it was 20 pesos to $1 in the 80's. I don't know what you are bitching about.

island14
02-06-2012, 8:56am
Gas was cheap in the 80s too :lol:

Just seems a drag to me to see what was once good, now is down the tube

boracayjohnny
02-06-2012, 11:02am
How about this one...

Electricity is more expensive here than in the states. Gee, I wonder why the electricity producers were overpaid by $10B.

Power producers overpaid by $10 B >> Headlines | philstar.com (http://208.184.76.171/headlines/736462/power-producers-overpaid-by-10-b)

mike100
02-06-2012, 11:05am
I sometimes think to take a job in Australia that would easily pay $150k AUD a yr. Then pay off my house if the USD goes in the crapper any deeper.

Flatbush Harry
02-06-2012, 12:45pm
1 U.S. Dollar = 41.2805 Philippine Pesos

This was today from a paypal withdraw, they usually pay about 1 point below the daily exchange.

In 2003 the exchange was about 56.7 peso to 1 dollar, I didn't even mind so much when it dropped to 50/1

But now it really SUX! Not only have we lost a great deal on the spending power of the dollar, inflation has risen prices here about 1/3

Harry, I remember reading a few months back in a thread that you thought the dollar will keep going down.

Why? how bad do you think it will get?

Anyone else have any thought about this? :bilmem:

:waiting:

The US.gov is pursuing a weak dollar policy to inflate our debt away. It will continue until China, Russia and Japan say enough!. More and we'll dump this Eastern Pac Rim toilet paper peso, aka and dab the US$.

JMHO and YMMV.

Harry

PS-Murphy was an optimist

Flatbush Harry
02-06-2012, 12:47pm
I sometimes think to take a job in Australia that would easily pay $150k AUD a yr. Then pay off my house if the USD goes in the crapper any deeper.

If you can get it, then do it. Be willing to learn Chinese. Keep in mind that Oz has 30mm peeps...and enough water for 22mm of them.

G'dye,

'awwy

island14
02-06-2012, 12:57pm
Straight up Harry..

My income is based totally from a website, would you change to another currency?

If so what?

:cheers:

mike100
02-06-2012, 4:05pm
If you can get it, then do it. Be willing to learn Chinese. Keep in mind that Oz has 30mm peeps...and enough water for 22mm of them.

G'dye,

'awwy

I worked supporting some mining equipment out of WA. If I could just find a hovel in Perth for cheap, a shitty car to wreck while I drive on the wrong side badly, and a work visa for maybe 2 years, I guess I might go for it.

still, OZ has so many work regs and I'm not carrying any certs that mean anything to them.

island14
02-06-2012, 7:33pm
How about this one...

Electricity is more expensive here than in the states. Gee, I wonder why the electricity producers were overpaid by $10B.

Power producers overpaid by $10 B >> Headlines | philstar.com (http://208.184.76.171/headlines/736462/power-producers-overpaid-by-10-b)

And the big time business keeps screwing the people :seasix:

Reminds me of how Smart and Globe Telephone Company's send text messages to everyone that didn't ask for them, and then charge them a peso for it.

Send text to a few million people and you just made a few Million :hurray:

Wow that was great Pedro! lets do it again in 5 seconds :lol:

Flatbush Harry
02-06-2012, 7:47pm
Straight up Harry..

My income is based totally from a website, would you change to another currency?

If so what?

:cheers:

To whom do you sell the most? The US$ os still the reserve currency of choice and, if you switch to a hard currency, you're implicitly repricing upward continually. Your customer base, particularly if they're living in soft currency places, may not buy into that.

:cert:

Har$ry

69camfrk
02-06-2012, 7:51pm
To whom do you sell the most? The US$ os still the reserve currency of choice and, if you switch to a hard currency, you're implicitly repricing upward continually. Your customer base, particularly if they're living in soft currency places, may not buy into that.

Har$ry

How much longer do you think the dollar will be the reserve currency?

island14
02-06-2012, 8:06pm

Har$ry

About 80 to 85% US customer base, so probably a bad idea.

But if you were to choose another currency yourself, what would you use?

Thanks!

boracayjohnny
02-06-2012, 8:09pm

The US will go from the dollar to lead as in gunpowder and lead. :D

69camfrk
02-06-2012, 8:17pm
The US will go from the dollar to lead as in gunpowder and lead. :D

That's what I'm afraid of. It seems like some of the very richest people in America are buying land somewhere else. Hell, James Cameron is already bugging out.

boracayjohnny
02-06-2012, 8:21pm
That's what I'm afraid of. It seems like some of the very richest people in America are buying land somewhere else. Hell, James Cameron is already bugging out.

He's just moving close to the CGI place that's working on his next movie. I'll see if I can find that article again.

The rural properties are about a 90-minute drive from Wellington, home to Weta Digital, which won an Oscar for its visual effects work on the first 'Avatar' movie.

Read more: James Cameron leaving U.S. for New Zealand farm | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2095239/James-Cameron-leaving-U-S-New-Zealand-farm.html#ixzz1liZ9r6wF)

He's blowing smoke and will be back. If not and it's really true, he's a dumbass. All he needs to do to raise kids with values is to GTFO of the Hollyweird type lifestyle.

VITE1
02-06-2012, 8:27pm
The US.gov is pursuing a weak dollar policy to inflate our debt away. It will continue until China, Russia and Japan say enough!. More and we'll dump this Eastern Pac Rim toilet paper peso, aka and dab the US$.

JMHO and YMMV.

Harry

Excellent summary.:seasix::shots:

boracayjohnny
02-06-2012, 8:33pm

JMHO and YMMV.

Harry

The bureaucrats here in the PI keep saying how their economy is strong and everything is rosy. All I have to do is look at the huge amount of squatters everywhere, rampant poverty, and an ill-educated population for a quick three examples to see it's not.

ft laud mike
02-07-2012, 12:52am

JMHO and YMMV.

Harry

I worked supporting some mining equipment out of WA. If I could just find a hovel in Perth for cheap, a shitty car to wreck while I drive on the wrong side badly, and a work visa for maybe 2 years, I guess I might go for it.

still, OZ has so many work regs and I'm not carrying any certs that mean anything to them.
About 80 to 85% US customer base, so probably a bad idea.

But if you were to choose another currency yourself, what would you use?

Thanks!

Zimbabwe dollar?
Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1 US Dollar = 376.300 Zimbabwe Dollar
1 Zimbabwe Dollar (ZWD) = 0.002657 US Dollar (USD)

Median price = 373.300 / 376.300 (bid/ask)
Minimum price = 373.300 / 376.300
Maximum price = 373.300 / 376.300

FXConverter - Currency Converter for 164 Currencies164 Currency Converter
:leaving:

Flatbush Harry
02-07-2012, 1:04am
I'd go long a blend of Yuan (Renminbi appreciates a little each year), Aussie$ (aka Pacific Peso), Kiwi aka NZ$ and Canadian$. I also like Krone.

Hryar

Flatbush Harry
02-07-2012, 1:05am

~7-10 years

:sadangel:

Hyarr

69camfrk
02-07-2012, 6:14am
~7-10 years

:sadangel:

Hyarr

I was expecting it before that time frame, but you know it's coming. I'm afraid the train we're riding isn't going to be turned around, it's gonna hit the wall.:sadangel: