PDA

View Full Version : Hey Apex

JRC27
02-05-2012, 11:12pm
What's the scoop on Act of Valor? Is it going to be as badass as the previews make it out to be?

ApexOversteer
02-05-2012, 11:18pm
What's the scoop on Act of Valor? Is it going to be as badass as the previews make it out to be?

I do believe it will. Real SEALs, real tactics and weapons, based on real missions, it should be one hell of a movie.

vtelvr
02-05-2012, 11:23pm
Cant wait for this one. Also another good one(or so it seems) is the new one with Denzel Washington in it as the ex CIA or whatever...

ApexOversteer
02-05-2012, 11:28pm
Cant wait for this one. Also another good one(or so it seems) is the new one with Denzel Washington in it as the ex CIA or whatever...

Safehouse

It does look good, in a Bourne-esque way...

JRC27
02-05-2012, 11:37pm
I'm curious as to how they are using real SEALS :confused5:

ApexOversteer
02-05-2012, 11:47pm
I'm curious as to how they are using real SEALS :confused5:

The SEALs in the film are active duty SEALs, not actors. The film began as a recruitment video for the Navy's Special Warfare Command, and grew into a feature film. The names of the SEALs in the film have not been, and apparently will not be, released.

JRC27
02-05-2012, 11:52pm
The SEALs in the film are active duty SEALs, not actors. The film began as a recruitment video for the Navy's Special Warfare Command, and grew into a feature film. The names of the SEALs in the film have not been, and apparently will not be, released.

I guess we'll see if they can act.....but, i'm betting the badassness will outweigh any poor acting. If they only had a midnight release.

Vette40th
02-17-2012, 1:12am
If they really put on their game face, acting wont be an issue. Seeing these guys in action, just doing work ups is scary enough. Anyone who does this line of work, special forces etc, can never be portrayed by an Actor, IMHO. The person playing the part needs to have actually done it to be effective. So, I think this will be a damn good movie.