PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Jousting....

acevette2001
02-05-2012, 4:45pm
.... these guys are nucking futs!!...... who's gonna watch?

Full Metal Jousting — History.com TV Episodes, Schedule, & Video (http://www.history.com/shows/full-metal-jousting)

HISTORY is bringing back the most dangerous collision sport in history and transforming it into a 21st-century event. But this is no Renaissance fair as the toughest riders in the nation face off in a bone-crushing competition for big money. It's as intense as it was 500 years ago, but with a twist: Traditional armor is replaced by modern suits of steel, while action is captured by high-speed cameras. Each episode features full-contact jousts in which jousters charge and collide at 30 miles an hour, and every joust is a test of courage and strength requiring nerves of steel. The last man standing takes home the cash as this extreme sport is reborn.

VatorMan
02-05-2012, 4:51pm
I'll watch. We're just that much closer to having a Colosseum and Gladiators. I just hope we feed muslims to the tigers this time.

CertInsaneC5
02-05-2012, 5:18pm
I'll watch. We're just that much closer to having a Colosseum and Gladiators. I just hope we feed muslims to the tigers this time.

:iagree:

Poor tigers having to eat those nasty mofo's :lol:

acevette2001
02-12-2012, 12:53pm
:waiting:

9 pm central time here in middle TN

6spdC6
02-12-2012, 1:32pm
Sounds like a bunch of Darwin canidates looking for a chance at being history!

Wonder if their trying for a group award?

snide
02-12-2012, 1:36pm
Full Metal Jousting — Rules of Jousting — History.com Videos (http://www.history.com/shows/full-metal-jousting/videos/rules-of-jousting#rules-of-jousting)

:cool:

ApexOversteer
02-12-2012, 1:37pm
Interesting, I will be looking for that to download...

Steel Armour is nice, but if they're still using wooden lances they're taking BIG risks. More than a few jousters died as a result of bits of broken lance finding their way through the gaps in the armour, most frighteningly, through the eye slits in the helmet...

Fasglas
02-12-2012, 2:25pm
"Here, hold my beer, and watch THIS".

Seriously, I don't think too many 21st Century people would last very long when jousting was common.

Frizzle
02-12-2012, 2:55pm
The Show looks AWESOME!

I truly can't wait to see it...

Apex I do agree, and I would think they would update the armor a bit to help reduce such risks of death by a splintering wood lance. I guess we shall see what happens.

I've been a big proponent of also getting a gladiator show on TV where criminals on death row get to live day in and day out on the sands of an arena.