PDA

View Full Version : Mod Party Inquirery

zz4vetteguy
05-19-2010, 8:18pm
Ok, so Jeff...aka Shrek has offered up his place for us to use for a Mod Party, and Lee and I both will have headers to put on, so we decided we are going to combine forces and host a hell of a mod party. We want to have as many of you all come out as possible so I am just trying to get some feelers for what weekend day the most people are available.

Jeff says, as of now the only time out for him is Memorial Day Weekend

For Me, I am out June 12, 13, 19, & 26....the 19th is negotiable though

When is everyone else good for?

tomurphjr
05-20-2010, 7:30am
I'm good for anytime after the 1st of June.

allthrottleandsomebottle
05-20-2010, 11:03am
I couldn't help ya as I will have the yellow and or blue vert on my lift :)
Plus..........i ain't got no palace like that NC boy :D
Depending on when it happens.........I may be there with helpful advise, hands and a photo journal of the "cluster fubar in the making" :dance:

PortDawg
05-20-2010, 5:44pm
The 19th of June is Colonial Downs show...

YorkL8apex
05-20-2010, 6:16pm
I'm out Memorial Day Weekend and the next two weekends.

OBX and St Thomas:party3:

I'm in any other weekend:flag:

tomurphjr
05-20-2010, 6:34pm
The 19th of June is Colonial Downs show...

Oh yea...I really want to do that. I've always wanted to watch horse racing live.

Ok Joe....I'm good for any weekend in June except the 19th. :lolsmile:

tomurphjr
05-20-2010, 6:52pm
Ok, so Jeff...aka Shrek has offered up his place for us to use for a Mod Party, and Lee and I both will have headers to put on, so we decided we are going to combine forces and host a hell of a mod party. We want to have as many of you all come out as possible so I am just trying to get some feelers for what weekend day the most people are available.

Jeff says, as of now the only time out for him is Memorial Day Weekend

For Me, I am out June 12, 13, 19, & 26....the 19th is negotiable though

When is everyone else good for?

So pretty much not in June :D

Munch
05-20-2010, 7:31pm
So pretty much not in June :D

After that is 4th of July so he will be busy, then the 10th is national Teddy Bear Picnic day so that's out, 17th is Peach ice cream day as well as Yellow Pig day and of course the 24th is Amelia Earhart Day so we know he has plans then and he's probably busy the 31st so now we are in August. :willy:

I on the other hand am free all da time so if someone wants to help change a tranny pan gasket let's talk.

PortDawg
05-20-2010, 8:18pm
After that is 4th of July so he will be busy, then the 10th is national Teddy Bear Picnic day so that's out, 17th is Peach ice cream day as well as Yellow Pig day and of course the 24th is Amelia Earhart Day so we know he has plans then and he's probably busy the 31st so now we are in August. :willy:

I on the other hand am free all da time so if someone wants to help change a tranny pan gasket let's talk.

:rofl: :rep:

Z51 Silver Surfer
05-20-2010, 9:42pm

:roll::rep:

Joe I get back from Hawaii this weekend, but leave right after the Memorial Day weekend and return again on the 19th of June so im good from that point on. I have all of July open. Im sure I will be hearing from Lee as well. But let me know what you come up with.

Randy

PortDawg
05-21-2010, 5:27am

Let me know when. I've done a few of those in my life, never on a modern vette however. I've done the C3 and my 70 Cougar

tomurphjr
05-21-2010, 6:58am

:lolsmile:

I can give you a hand too. Just let me know when.

Cobra4B
05-21-2010, 1:59pm
Just pick a date and I'll try and make it....

I'll be at VIR June 12th/13th and July 23rd/24th/25th.

zz4vetteguy
05-21-2010, 6:05pm
Ya'll think too small, lets not forget about Sundays as well.

Munch
05-21-2010, 6:27pm
Ya'll think too small, lets not forget about Sundays as well.

You're busy Sundays as well? :banghead:

zz4vetteguy
05-22-2010, 4:30pm
You're busy Sundays as well? :banghead:

No, I am free on Sundays, rehearsals are done for the season and we are off for the summer. Only thing I do on Sundays is dinner with friends....shhhh, no one tell the Pope I don't do anything else on Sundays. :leaving:

zz4vetteguy
05-28-2010, 10:37pm
How does the 19th or the 20th sound?

Chime in on those two dates guys and gals.

Munch
05-28-2010, 10:41pm
How does the 19th or the 20th sound?

Chime in on those two dates guys and gals.

Of August? :leaving:

Isn't the 19th the Colonial downs thing?

zz4vetteguy
05-29-2010, 3:56pm
Of August? :leaving:

Isn't the 19th the Colonial downs thing?

:slap: <enter four letter expletive here>

tomurphjr
05-29-2010, 8:19pm
I come back from vacation and we still don't have this figured out yet? :slap: :D

If I were you, I'd plan for a Saturday. If by some chance something happens (insert Murphy's law here) and you need to leave the car over night, you'd be better off having that extra day to fix the issue. Especially if we do it down at Jeff's place, since it's a bit of a drive.

Shrek
06-02-2010, 5:42am
Good news!:dance:

Depending on when we do this, I have a second lift on the way. Well, not exactly on the way, I have to get off my ass, drive to NY and pick it up.

leec4ce
06-02-2010, 6:11am
Sorry Tom but I haven't been able to give Joe answer yet because my damn headers are still not here :toetap:

tomurphjr
06-02-2010, 6:50am

Depending on when we do this, I have a second lift on the way. Well, not exactly on the way, I have to get off my ass, drive to NY and pick it up.

Nice! I'm jealous.

tomurphjr
06-02-2010, 6:54am
Sorry Tom but I haven't been able to give Joe answer yet because my damn headers are still not here :toetap:

You know me...I just like give Joe a hard time :D

Cobra4B
06-02-2010, 8:16am
So when is this going down?

zz4vetteguy
06-02-2010, 3:21pm

Congrats!!!!

...it comes fully assembled, right? :rofl:

zz4vetteguy
06-02-2010, 3:24pm
You know me...I just like give Joe a hard time :D

Does your wife know about that? :leaving:

So when is this going down?

I am sitting at my parent's house (im)patiently waiting for the FedEx person to arrive...the tracker says it is out for delivery.

But after reading Jeff's post, and talking to Lee, I am thinking sometime mid July. Lee's headers still have not come in yet, and if we wait for the second lift, we can play with a bunch of people's cars. :cheers:

zz4vetteguy
06-02-2010, 3:55pm
I am sitting at my parent's house (im)patiently waiting for the FedEx person to arrive...the tracker says it is out for delivery.

Woo-Hoo....FedEx guy just brought me a big ole heavy package. :o_o:

FastZR-1
06-02-2010, 6:12pm

Headed to Oren's? Need an A-Driver?

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-02-2010, 6:20pm
:toetap:??

Shrek
06-02-2010, 6:35pm
Headed to Oren's? Need an A-Driver?

Depends!

You offering?

Call me, if you're up for a road trip!

YorkL8apex
06-02-2010, 7:22pm
Let me know when you guys decide to go. If I'm in town I may want to make it a threesome:skep:

zz4vetteguy
06-03-2010, 4:25pm
Let me know when you guys decide to go. If I'm in town I may want to make it a threesome:skep:

I think that is a subject for a different thread....in a different section...in a different forum. :lolsmile::lolsmile::lolsmile::lolsmile:

zz4vetteguy
06-05-2010, 11:08am
Talked to Lee today at Cars & Coffee, and if the date is open and Jeff is ok with it, we would like to try and shoot for the 10th of July.

Jeff, is that date ok with you?

Shrek
06-05-2010, 3:58pm
Jeff, is that date ok with you?

:thumbsup:

Cobra4B
06-05-2010, 4:33pm
Sweet I'm in... my family will be in town so I'll drag dad along.

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-06-2010, 4:55pm
Count me in!! Not traveling that month:dance:

thegreenman
06-06-2010, 7:58pm
If my schedule stays the same, I should be able to make it.

tomurphjr
06-07-2010, 7:09am
I'll be there....I might not own a corvette anymore, but I'll be there.

I'm thinking of selling the C5. Went home (Tennessee) for vacation and decided that I want to move back. Selling the Corvette will help alot with making that happen. My wife doesn't like the idea of selling the car, but said to think on it for a week and if I still want to do it, she will support me.

Munch
06-07-2010, 8:24am
I'm thinking of selling the C5. Went home (Tennessee) for vacation and decided that I want to move back. Selling the Corvette will help alot with making that happen. My wife doesn't like the idea of selling the car, but said to think on it for a week and if I still want to do it, she will support me.

Sad to hear you might sell your Vette but it is just a car and you can always get another if you choose. Probably won't have much trouble selling it as it's very clean. Good luck with whatever decision you make, we'll miss you around here. :cheers:

Cobra4B
06-07-2010, 8:59am
Cars come and go... if living in TN will make you happier, the go for it....

thegreenman
06-07-2010, 10:15am

Sorry to hear you might be selling the Vette. Your wife told me the only reason she married you was because you had the Vette, now I see why she is thinking about it, I hope she picks you buddy. :lol: (by the way, I am just kidding).

If moving back to TN makes you happy, I say go for it. I would like to move home too but I can't find any Male Gigolo jobs there so I am stuck here.

If you want a ride down for the mod party, let me know, I still owe you a ride. :beer:

tomurphjr
06-07-2010, 10:45am
I'm not completely sure if I'm going to sell it, but pretty sure I will....if that makes sense :)

It's a lot to think about and the car is just the tip of the iceberg.

Pro's

I'd be switching careers, which I think I will really enjoy. I like the IT field, but I'm not in love with it. If I switched jobs I'd take a pay cut, but would be making 10-15K more than I do now after a yr or two. I'd be inspecting commercial fire sprinkler systems. My old next door neighbor does this and took me to work with him a few days while I was there on vacation. I really enjoyed what he does. Only problem is that it might be as soon as 6 months, or a late as two yrs before they had a spot. He's thinking sooner than later. Besides, I could always fall back on the IT field if I needed too.

I'd sell the car to completely free up any debt as well as pocket a little money. The only debt we'd have would be the mortgage and my wifes car. Then if we were to move there, the only debt we'd bring with us is my wifes car. We'd stay with my old neighbor for a few months until we moved into a apartment. We'd live in an apartment for a year then start looking to buy/build a house.

My family is there.

The cost of living is way cheaper. Check out this house. 107 Lonestar Ct, Murfreesboro TN 37129 | Homes.com (http://www.homes.com/listing/111573109/107_Lonestar_Ct_MURFREESBORO_TN_37129#stay)
I paid more than that for my little cracker jack box house here in VA.

My wife and I are wanting to start a family and if we were to move there, she could be a stay at home mom.

Con's

Selling the car and not hanging out with you guys.

Moving away from my wifes family.

Wow....sorry Joe for mucking up your thread. I feel a little strange putting my personal life on the interweb...

tomurphjr
06-07-2010, 10:53am
Sorry to hear you might be selling the Vette. Your wife told me the only reason she married you was because you had the Vette, now I see why she is thinking about it, I hope she picks you buddy. :lol: (by the way, I am just kidding).

If moving back to TN makes you happy, I say go for it. I would like to move home too but I can't find any Male Gigolo jobs there so I am stuck here.

If you want a ride down for the mod party, let me know, I still owe you a ride. :beer:

Jeff you might have a point. She's out running errands in it as we speak :leaving:

:cheers: I aint shaving my legs though :lolsmile:

thegreenman
06-07-2010, 11:12am
I aint shaving my legs though :lolsmile:

I will have to make an exception for you then. :D

zz4vetteguy
06-08-2010, 5:54am

Vette or not, you know you are always welcome Tommy! We are going to spread bad rumors about your car, that way we can keep you in the area a little longer...LOL :D

zz4vetteguy
06-08-2010, 6:03am
My wife and I are wanting to start a family and if we were to move there, she could be a stay at home mom.

Goodbye Vette, helllooo minivan. :lolsmile: :leaving:

Wow....sorry Joe for mucking up your thread. I feel a little strange putting my personal life on the interweb...

Please, do you know how many threads I have turned around? Plus don't worry about it, we're all family here Tom. :cheers:

leec4ce
06-08-2010, 7:00am
Vette or not, you know you are always welcome Tommy! We are going to spread bad rumors about your car, that way we can keep you in the area a little longer...LOL :D

Joe is this the same Vette that the one gloved Micheal Jackson used on his "School House Rocks" tour??

zz4vetteguy
06-08-2010, 5:59pm
Joe is this the same Vette that the one gloved Micheal Jackson used on his "School House Rocks" tour??

I think it is the one Michael Jackson taught Mcully Culkin how to "drive" in. :lolsmile:

:leaving:

allthrottleandsomebottle
06-10-2010, 6:49am
I'm not completely sure if I'm going to sell it, but pretty sure I will....if that makes sense :)

Now on craigslist............

zz4vetteguy
06-10-2010, 3:53pm
Lee should have headers any day now....mod party here we come. :dance:

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-10-2010, 6:57pm
Lee should have headers any day now....mod party here we come. :dance:

Its taking long enough thats for sure!

leec4ce
06-11-2010, 7:18am
Same old story, Held up at the coaters shop.

zz4vetteguy
06-11-2010, 9:51am

The same old excuses get old...stuck in traffic, dog ate my home work, held up at the coaters, didn't get the memo....LOL

leec4ce
06-11-2010, 10:58am
The same old excuses get old...stuck in traffic, dog ate my home work, held up at the coaters, didn't get the memo....LOL

Checks in the mail, I will respect you in the morning........:o_o: and the best from five star “ we fixed the air conditioning #8"

Sneaks
06-11-2010, 4:55pm
Checks in the mail, I will respect you in the morning........:o_o: and the best from five star “ we fixed the air conditioning #8"

You forgot, "In your mouth? Why no honey, I won't cu......."
:lolsmile::lolsmile:

Z51 Silver Surfer
06-11-2010, 5:09pm

What the hell is taking so long!!

zz4vetteguy
06-11-2010, 8:41pm
You forgot, "In your mouth? Why no honey, I won't cu......."
:lolsmile::lolsmile:

:leaving:

leec4ce
06-12-2010, 6:33am
High Flow Cats and 02 made it here. One more box to go! :fingertap:

zz4vetteguy
06-12-2010, 7:47am
High Flow Cats and 02 made it here. One more box to go! :fingertap:

They sent you a box of oxygen? Must have something to do with the opti-spark, I never had to order special oxygen when I did the exhaust on my C4. :lolsmile:

leec4ce
06-12-2010, 2:48pm
They sent you a box of oxygen? Must have something to do with the opti-spark, I never had to order special oxygen when I did the exhaust on my C4. :lolsmile:

Must be that "powerful instrument" you have. :flasher:

zz4vetteguy
06-12-2010, 3:14pm
Must be that "powerful instrument" you have. :flasher:

:toetap: you forgot rich too. :leaving: