PDA

View Full Version : Traction sys active

Munch
05-06-2010, 6:41pm
Excellent....

http://claytravis.net/mailbag/uploaded_images/montgomery-burns-700445.gif

Nothin cheers ya up after a crappy day at work that a wee bit of the ol' spirited driving.

Sneaks
05-06-2010, 6:53pm
Amen to that! I'm gonna go for a romp before work.......:leaving:

Y2Kvert4me
05-06-2010, 7:01pm
Seeing that message would depress me. :yesnod:

Since the first thing I do after starting the car is turn that nanny crap off. :rasta:

:cheers:

Munch
05-06-2010, 7:23pm
Since the first thing I do after starting the car is turn that nanny crap off. :rasta:

Better not say that over at CF in C5Gen... I'm sure you saw what happened to the last guy. :rofl:

Y2Kvert4me
05-06-2010, 7:49pm
Better not say that over at CF in C5Gen... I'm sure you saw what happened to the last guy. :rofl:Oh believe me I know, I've said it there before, and the backlash is never short of amazing. :lolsmile:

I hate being kinda old, but at least I still grew up and learned how to drive in an era when cars were not made with electronic aids.

They may work in application, but those features also effectively teach extremely poor driving skills, by performing functions a driver is incapable of doing (such as applying one specific brake).

WKMCD
05-06-2010, 8:40pm
My car blows through the traction control so fast it doesn't even feel like it's doing anything. :o_o:

Y2Kvert4me
05-06-2010, 9:03pm
My car blows through the traction control so fast it doesn't even feel like it's doing anything. :o_o:Your rear brake pads might.

TC timing retard can be tuned out of the PCM easy enough, (which Ed could confirm) probably applies to your car, 'cause I'm sure you'd notice the ~30° of timing retard otherwise.

But TC's other function is rear brake application, which no, you probably wouldn't notice on intended loss-of-traction situations, but probably a factor that still exists if you aren't turning it off before driving.

I'm betting the timing retard is tuned out of yours, as Ive seen much higher hp cars than yours fall flat on their faces at the strip because they forgot to turn it off.

WKMCD
05-07-2010, 5:41am
Your rear brake pads might.

TC timing retard can be tuned out of the PCM easy enough, (which Ed could confirm) probably applies to your car, 'cause I'm sure you'd notice the ~30° of timing retard otherwise.

But TC's other function is rear brake application, which no, you probably wouldn't notice on intended loss-of-traction situations, but probably a factor that still exists if you aren't turning it off before driving.

I'm betting the timing retard is tuned out of yours, as Ive seen much higher hp cars than yours fall flat on their faces at the strip because they forgot to turn it of.

That's very possible...

Sneaks
05-07-2010, 6:23am
Took a nice spirited romp on the way to work last night. Made me feel much better! :thumbs:

Munch
05-07-2010, 6:44am
Took a nice spirited romp on the way to work last night. Made me feel much better! :thumbs:

Atta boy! :cheers:

1TZSLO
05-07-2010, 10:21am

Sounds kinky!!!:cheers:

allthrottleandsomebottle
05-07-2010, 12:03pm
Oh believe me I know, I've said it there before, and the backlash is never short of amazing. :lolsmile:

I hate being kinda old, but at least I still grew up and learned how to drive in an era when cars were not made with electronic aids.

They may work in application, but those features also effectively teach extremely poor driving skills, by performing functions a driver is incapable of doing (such as applying one specific brake).

Ah yes............mine is off over 50% of the time except in bad weather. The other fun is trying to teach students on a road course with TC on............you can burn up pads in a day :yesnod:

zz4vetteguy
05-08-2010, 8:21am
Mine just don't work...mine went on strike one day when I was having a spirited drive in Northern VA with Lee and a Ferrari buddy of his...just haven't gotten around to get it fixed yet.

The plus side is rain or shine, I know how to handle my car without electronic aides :drivingskid: