PDA

View Full Version : So if I wind up with the new headers

zz4vetteguy
05-02-2010, 11:53pm
We should have a tech day. I am sure there are several do-it-yourself people out there that are looking at getting headers and it would be a good experience for them to see what to and what not to do to install them.

tomurphjr
05-03-2010, 7:35am
We should have a tech day. I am sure there are several do-it-yourself people out there that are looking at getting headers and it would be a good experience for them to see what to and what not to do to install them.

Joe,

I'd be down for that. When I do mine, it should go much smoother after seeing/doing a set before.

Now, if I can get the CLB installed this week, maybe I can drive mine this coming weekend.

thegreenman
05-03-2010, 6:37pm
If you tore your seat changing your MAF and broke your windshield changing your blades, I hate to see what happens when you change your headers. :o_o:

Let us know when and where, I will try to show up, with a camera.

:camera:

YorkL8apex
05-03-2010, 7:34pm
If you tore your seat changing your MAF and broke your windshield changing your blades, I hate to see what happens when you change your headers. :o_o:

:camera::roll::roll::roll:

4DH8R
05-03-2010, 8:52pm

I'm in, my LG LT's are sitting in the shed.:dance:

Cobra4B
05-03-2010, 9:27pm
I've done a few sets of headers... I'm game for helping. If they're as accurate a copy of ARH headers as they look in pics then they'll install easily.

tomurphjr
05-04-2010, 6:51am
I feel a "mod" party happening soon :dance:

PortDawg
05-04-2010, 7:34pm
Sounds like a day at the Barn...

zz4vetteguy
05-04-2010, 10:02pm
If we can get a few experienced people to help so I don't destroy the headers, the vert, or kill myself, and a place to do it, maybe someplace with a grill, I will be more then happy to supply food and drinkage to make it a mod party.

Jeff, you can even bring your camera...lol

zz4vetteguy
05-04-2010, 10:06pm
Sounds like a day at the Barn...

My only fear about that is, things "happen" at the Barn....I would be afraid that if someone took me for a beer run, I would come back and my vert would have a permanent affixed hard top...LOL...I heard there is a new waiver to even park at the barn that reads "Management is not responsible for roofs removed or added to vehicles left unattended." :lolsmile:

Cobra4B
05-04-2010, 10:13pm
I used to have mod parties at my house a few times a year... if the barn's not open for business we can do it at my place. I've got a grill and all the tools you'd need.

If you've never had your plug wires off try and buy a set of stockers cheap off the forum just in case any break on removal.

Get OEM F-body exhaust manifold gaskets... they have round ports that bette rmatch the header flanges and no funky AIR pump stuff that's needed w/ the OEM manifold.

zz4vetteguy
05-04-2010, 10:55pm
I will look into that. I never even thought about plug wires

wwomanC6
05-06-2010, 9:18am
My only fear about that is, things "happen" at the Barn....I would be afraid that if someone took me for a beer run, I would come back and my vert would have a permanent affixed hard top...LOL...I heard there is a new waiver to even park at the barn that reads "Management is not responsible for roofs removed or added to vehicles left unattended." :lolsmile:

:lolsmile: :hurray: good way to get a free mod! Pranksters eh....

:squirrelrun:

OBXFunn
05-06-2010, 1:11pm
We should have an install party at VA Speed. We can all eat and drink as we watch Ed install headers, haha.

Sneaks
05-11-2010, 10:50am

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

wwomanC6
05-11-2010, 10:59am

Heck, I'd consider jumping on a military hop to come join the the fun and camera party to see this. :jester: :cheers:

zz4vetteguy
05-11-2010, 9:25pm
Heck, I'd consider jumping on a military hop to come join the the fun and camera party to see this. :jester: :cheers:

well.....:toetap:

:D

wwomanC6
05-11-2010, 9:35pm
well.....:toetap:

:D

When's the date your planning to doing it?:waiting1: :cheers:

Y2Kvert4me
05-12-2010, 3:57pm
If you've never had your plug wires off try and buy a set of stockers cheap off the forum just in case any break on removal.No, that never happens...:rofl:

http://grondpix.com/madnessmodparty/madnessmodparty%20-%2018.jpg

Cobra4B
05-13-2010, 10:47am
^ Was that during your cam swap at EG's? Man I was buzzing hard taking your rocker arms off :p

Y2Kvert4me
05-13-2010, 12:39pm
^ Was that during your cam swap at EG's? Man I was buzzing hard taking your rocker arms off :p:yesnod:

The broken ones were the ones I removed. :lol:
In my defense though, I had the pass wires off a couple years prior when my starter went bad. The left side had been on there since the car was about new, so they were quite a bit more stubborn.

That little mishap required a drive up to Ecklers...they had the Taylor wires in stock.

:cheers:

zz4vetteguy
05-13-2010, 8:28pm
When's the date your planning to doing it?:waiting1: :cheers:

I don't know yet...I don't even have them yet.:willy:

zz4vetteguy
05-16-2010, 9:14am
Ok, so I have talked to people, listened to what they had to say, and did some deep thinking on which way to go, and decided that I am going to pull the trigger and buy they headers....yes I know they are new, but what fun is life if you don't take a few chances.

Plus, I like Ed, and won't take my car anywhere else but him to have it tuned, but for something that is (from my understanding) as easy as a header install, I would rather spend the money and grub and drinkage for friends then labor costs at a shop...plus being hands on it will give me a chance to learn something.

Now, just to find a place

wwomanC6
05-16-2010, 10:06am
:o_o: Ask Gary - The Barn!?!

4DH8R
05-17-2010, 12:57am
Count me in.

Shrek
05-17-2010, 5:56am
Now, just to find a place

:seeya:You're more than welcome to bring that traveling circus down this way and use our lift/tools. Plenty of room for everyone! If it gets into the warmer weather, the garage has AC and loves HP events.

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/MISC/SkunkwithLT5s.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/MISC/LT5andPlenums.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/MISC/GarageFullofZs.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq186/2manyvettes24/MISC/Classpic.jpg

:cheers:
Jeff

zz4vetteguy
05-17-2010, 7:47am
:o_o: are those ALL Z cars? :o_o:

Thanks for the offer Jeff, is there grilling implements there? I want to be able to feed the masses as they come to watch, get their hands dirty, or just make fun of my mechanical un-knowhow. :leaving:

Shrek
05-17-2010, 8:24am
8 Z's and my lowly LT4 GS.

Grill on the premises and everyone is welcome! All I ask is: once we agree on a date, you handle the logistics.

In case you didn't notice, I didn't commit to turning any wrenches. Seems my back problems have once again become a thorn in my side. If I'm able to, I'll be more than happy to wrench on it with you guys. If not, I'm one of the best at sitting around talking $hiet! With that said, you will need to make sure you have a monkey wrench on the guest list.

tomurphjr
05-17-2010, 9:23am
I'll volunteer to man the grill :)

Just try and hold off for a few weekends until I return from vacation. :D

Shrek
05-17-2010, 10:04am

DEAL!

This wouldn't have anyting to do with me leaving the plastic lighter right up against the hot grill housing last time, would it? Anyway, it's a good idea to keep me away from fire!

BTW...got a new SS Weber this year! I know, it's not an EGG, but I like it!

tomurphjr
05-17-2010, 11:19am
DEAL!

This wouldn't have anyting to do with me leaving the plastic lighter right up against the hot grill housing last time, would it? Anyway, it's a good idea to keep me away from fire!

BTW...got a new SS Weber this year! I know, it's not an EGG, but I like it!

That might have a little to do with...lol. J/K

I really like the weber SS grill! I'm thinking of buying a small weber charcol grill to go with the egg.

zz4vetteguy
05-17-2010, 6:42pm

Just try and hold off for a few weekends until I return from vacation. :D

Well, they won't ship till June 1, and the following weekend, I am dog sitting for my folks so I can't run off to NC to play with cars...Ironically they will be in NC. Plus I need my father and his truck, cause I don't think the headers are going to fit in my trunk. :lol: When are you going on Vacation?

8 Z's and my lowly LT4 GS.

Grill on the premises and everyone is welcome! All I ask is: once we agree on a date, you handle the logistics.

In case you didn't notice, I didn't commit to turning any wrenches. Seems my back problems have once again become a thorn in my side. If I'm able to, I'll be more than happy to wrench on it with you guys. If not, I'm one of the best at sitting around talking $hiet! With that said, you will need to make sure you have a monkey wrench on the guest list.

Thanks...get with me in a PM and let me know what weekends are NOT good, and we will go from there.

Yeah, I am hoping for a good monkey wrench to be on the list, cause I want to get my hands dirty, but I need plenty of guidance.

tomurphjr
05-17-2010, 8:49pm
Well, they won't ship till June 1, and the following weekend, I am dog sitting for my folks so I can't run off to NC to play with cars...Ironically they will be in NC. Plus I need my father and his truck, cause I don't think the headers are going to fit in my trunk. :lol: When are you going on Vacation?

Joe,

I leave for vacation this Friday 21st and return on Saturday 29th. Sounds like I'm not going to miss it, so that's good. I'm buying an LS6 intake off Josh (Itzslo) tomorrow, so maybe I'll have a mod to do also. :dance:

thegreenman
05-18-2010, 12:40am
If I have the day off, I will help out. I know Tom will want to use my inch pound torque wrench. :lolsmile:

tomurphjr
05-18-2010, 7:21am
If I have the day off, I will help out. I know Tom will want to use my inch pound torque wrench. :lolsmile:

LOL....how'd you know :lolsmile:

leec4ce
05-18-2010, 7:59am
LOL....how'd you know :lolsmile:

You’re famous in the world of inch pounds :laugh:

Z51 Silver Surfer
05-18-2010, 7:44pm
Depending on the date and if I am in town i will be there!

tomurphjr
05-19-2010, 7:53am
You’re famous in the world of inch pounds :laugh:

My wife tells me that all the time :leaving: