PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins.....

zz4vetteguy
05-01-2010, 9:56pm
Well fellow Hampton Roaders, I am sad to announce that we have lost the Beach and Atlantic Ave to the tourists again.

I was out running some errands and decided that since it was nice and I had the top down I would take the scenic route home. I turned off 264E to Pacific and made my and headed north up to the Cavalier Hotel and headed south down Atlantic from there. From the Cavalier Hotel (40 something street) to 5th street took me an hour and 45 minutes....and just think it gets worse from here.

I don't actually know what it worse though, the drivers or the dumb azz pedestrian. They just cross when and where they feel like, ignoring the lights, and the LEO's don't seem to do anything about it...they are too busy making sure people are not listening to music "too loud"

Damn group of "female dogs" stepped out in front of me no where near a cross walk and one put her hand out to me to get me to stop like she was some sort of School Crossing Guard....I was not about to let them hussies ruin my good time...I just waved :seeya: said "SEE YOU Next Tuesday" and smiled :D:lol:

If it is tourist season why can't I buy a license and shoot some? :skep:

Munch
05-01-2010, 10:09pm
I refuse to go down there for any reason.

zz4vetteguy
05-01-2010, 10:20pm
I refuse to go down there for any reason.

I have no choice. It is where I call home, I can walk to the oceanfront in about 15 minutes if that.

Radioman
05-02-2010, 11:52am
I happen to be a long time proponent of Eyeball Liberty.... Besides, it's good therapy for my arthritic left knee...:D

Lowcash
05-02-2010, 12:00pm
Funny that they didn't stop the people crossing off the light. I got 2 'jaywalking' tickets there back in the mid 90s. I also got a seatbelt warning and a ticket for 'altered suspension' while driving a friend's dropped Ranger.

I have only been back once for a quick overnight stay after Waterside.

The only good in Va. Beach is CP Shuckers (if that is still open).

zz4vetteguy
05-02-2010, 11:32pm
Funny that they didn't stop the people crossing off the light. I got 2 'jaywalking' tickets there back in the mid 90s. I also got a seatbelt warning and a ticket for 'altered suspension' while driving a friend's dropped Ranger.

I have only been back once for a quick overnight stay after Waterside.

The only good in Va. Beach is CP Shuckers (if that is still open).

Still open, but never been there....don't like seafood. :leaving:

GotChrist?
05-03-2010, 6:24pm
I make it to the beach about once a year, dead winter just to marvel at all the changes, none of which seem for the better. The only way I get to enjoy the waterfront around here, like most locals, is to go out in a boat.... even then the tourist boats are full and form a traffic pattern in and out of Rudee.

Since you live so close to the beach, does that mean we're invited to park there and walk down the beach for a coffee or icee cold beverage? You don't mind if we park on the lawn, do you? :D

thegreenman
05-03-2010, 6:41pm
I try to avoid the South side during terrorist (lol) season for that reason.

Scotty3
05-04-2010, 12:19pm
A buddy of mine that lives in Williamsburg calls them "terrorist" instead of tourist.

zz4vetteguy
05-04-2010, 9:47pm
I make it to the beach about once a year, dead winter just to marvel at all the changes, none of which seem for the better. The only way I get to enjoy the waterfront around here, like most locals, is to go out in a boat.... even then the tourist boats are full and form a traffic pattern in and out of Rudee.

Since you live so close to the beach, does that mean we're invited to park there and walk down the beach for a coffee or icee cold beverage? You don't mind if we park on the lawn, do you? :D

If I know you are coming, I will make room in the driveway...parking on the lawn may get you shot though...LOL

Cobra4B
05-04-2010, 10:25pm
I avoid the strip and main ocean front at all costs... Catch 31 is great in the summer and parking isn't an issue w/ the big parking garage. Just accross the Rudee Inlet bridge at Hooks and Chix is fine too.... it's the bull****tery in between that stinks.

Most of the time I hang out on Shore Dr. at Hot Tuna or Kokoamos.