PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts....

1TZSLO
04-29-2010, 5:24pm
Just wondering the difficulty of putting a set of PFADT mounts in. Not sure how hard it would be to swap them out

WKMCD
04-29-2010, 5:49pm
Be very sure you want what are essentially solid engine mounts. I installed a PFADT tranny mount which has similar damping material and it transmitted every vibration. I took it back out after less than 200 miles. The engine mounts will be much worse. You may not enjoy just tooling around in the car.

Just my $.02

Munch
04-29-2010, 5:54pm
:iagree:

1TZSLO
04-29-2010, 6:09pm
I was mainly seeing if its worth it. I understand every vibration would be felt/heard. Was just seeing opinions.

thegreenman
04-29-2010, 6:20pm
The GM manual recommends removing a lot of parts from the front end to get access to the motor mounts, I only remove parts if I need to and a lot of the items I didn't need to remove. I lifted my engine and was able to work around the headers to put in my custom motor mounts. I won't lie, it was a PITA to get to each bolt, but it is doable. I did this during my SC install, I had my intake off which gave me a little more room on top.

1TZSLO
04-29-2010, 6:24pm
PITA -CHECK
lol I prolly wont be doing this but was just seeing any benefit from it. Mainly since I do like winding roads and driving them.

Munch
04-29-2010, 7:05pm
PITA -CHECK
lol I prolly wont be doing this but was just seeing any benefit from it. Mainly since I do like winding roads and driving them.

Think how fun those roads would be with the SC installed on your car.:yesnod:

1TZSLO
04-29-2010, 7:32pm
Lol I would prolly wreck. I have a guy meeting up with me Sunday, Hopefully he buys it.
I just have too many things I need to do before even worrying about the SC

allthrottleandsomebottle
04-30-2010, 6:14am
I have not gone to them for that very reason.................vibration/Return on cost.
And
As much as I race my cars.........the OEM mounts have worked fine :D
IMHO.............save your $$$:)