PDA

View Full Version : Drivers heated seat inop & new leather cover

GotChrist?
04-27-2010, 7:22am
I have an 05 with the LT3 interior package. The drivers side heated seat quit working some weeks back, at least that's when I noticed it. Since the seat cover will need to be removed to fix this problem, I am thinking of installing new seat covers with better leather. The stock leather is chrome tanned which has a plastic coating on it and may be the reason for my back getting hot when driving. I have leather furniture and do not have this problem, which further points to the type of leather used in the car.
Has anyone had a similar problem with their heated seats?
Has anyone changed out their seat covers? If so, who did you go with? Did you do it, or have a shop do it?
John

wwomanC6
05-01-2010, 12:12am
I haven't had any seat problems yet. Have you already checked all the connectors, wires, and fuse? How did you rule out that it was the heater element in the seat?

I have the LT3 interior on my 06. I haven't really noticed my back getting too hot. If it gets a little to warm for me I will turn it down to warm instead of hot and I use the heat feature frequently.

If I was gonna change the leather and heating element, I would opt for a whole different kind of seat (Better Quality and Comfort). But it would probably come down to which was the better deal - new better leather and heater vs whole new seat. :cheers:

:squirrelrun:

GotChrist?
05-01-2010, 8:29pm
On another forum I was told it was a fairly common thing for the 05. The drivers switch momentarily flashes red when I press it. Tells me there is power but something is kicking it right back off.

What I meant by my back getting hot, I wasn't referring to heat from the seat, but from the leather not breathing well as though I'm sitting on a vinyl seat.

John