PDA

View Full Version : Question: Wranger oil change intervals

tomurphjr
04-21-2010, 10:13am
I bought my wife a 1993 Jeep Wrangler last year for her B-day as a weekend/summer toy. When I bought it in April 09 I changed the oil as soon as I got it home. She/We drove it maybe 800-1K miles before putting it up for winter (drove it once when we needed 4 wheel drive this winter). I changed it again a few weeks ago since the weather has gotten nice and she wants to drive it.

Is it bad to only change the oil once a year even though she doesn't put many mile on it? If I were to change it every three months like I've always been told, the oil would still look new.

FastZR-1
04-21-2010, 1:13pm
On my low mileage vehicles and motorcycle, I change the oil annually. I rarely put 3000 miles on many toys so I'll change the oil annually even if I only have 1K miles. My new truck has an oil change interval of 7.5K miles. It will probably take me two years to get that. I'll probably change the oil around 2000-3000 miles, or 12 months from when I brought it home. That's just how I roll. I also use synthetic oils and quality filters.

tomurphjr
04-21-2010, 1:43pm
On my low mileage vehicles and motorcycle, I change the oil annually. I rarely put 3000 miles on many toys so I'll change the oil annually even if I only have 1K miles. My new truck has an oil change interval of 7.5K miles. It will probably take me two years to get that. I'll probably change the oil around 2000-3000 miles, or 12 months from when I brought it home. That's just how I roll. I also use synthetic oils and quality filters.

Thanks for the reply.

I only change the oil in the car once a year since it takes Synthetic, but wasn't sure if it was okay with conventional oil.

zz4vetteguy
05-01-2010, 10:23pm
I am just a sheeple...I chance my oil when the car tells me to....well I don't change it, I live the balla life and pay someone to change it for me....it is also safer for the car that way. :leaving:

Bucwheat
11-30-2011, 12:29pm
I have an F-350 tow vehicle I only use to pull my camper about three times a year,the oil gets change once a year.