PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when a pair of headlights are heading right for you?

socalman
12-21-2011, 8:23pm
Pray!......... This was my morning. 5:45 am. 18yr old Kamakasi'd me almost straight on

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu84/socalman/Accident/IMG01483-20111221-0649.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu84/socalman/Accident/IMG01484-20111221-0649.jpg

I was going straight, just coming off a turn from the freeway exit, maybe 100' out of my turn, so I was completely straight to the lanes. Look how cockeyed I was after the hit (tough little Toyota Corolla)

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu84/socalman/Accident/IMG01482-20111221-0621aa.jpg

Taurus
12-21-2011, 8:51pm
Wow, hope you're OK, that looks pretty bad. On the plus side, it's time for a new daily driver.

Was the kid impaired?

C4fan
12-21-2011, 9:17pm
What Jon said, hope you're OK. The last time an 18 yr old kid me I ended up parking in someones living room. I hope insurance takes care of you.

Taurus
12-21-2011, 9:21pm
What Jon said, hope you're OK. The last time an 18 yr old kid me I ended up parking in someones living room. I hope insurance takes care of you.

Last time I saw an 18 year old kid hit another car it was me:D The other car was my Dad's company car........... that was a long Summer:beat:

PLRX
12-21-2011, 9:27pm
Wow, hope you're OK, that looks pretty bad. On the plus side, it's time for a new daily driver.

Was the kid impaired or on the cell texting?

ditto

C4fan
12-21-2011, 9:56pm
Last time I saw an 18 year old kid hit another car it was me:D The other car was my Dad's company car........... that was a long Summer:beat:

Ha, the kid that hit us was the wifes bosses nephew. The car we were driving (a Corsica) was just sold to us by her boss and we had just picked it up the day before. The kid was out of his mind and didn't even get a ticket. Me thinks his daddy knew someone on the police dept.

Taurus
12-21-2011, 10:14pm
Ha, the kid that hit us was the wifes bosses nephew. The car we were driving (a Corsica) was just sold to us by her boss and we had just picked it up the day before. The kid was out of his mind and didn't even get a ticket. Me thinks his daddy knew someone on the police dept.

My Dad didn't need no stinkin' cop and I still got my ticket punched.

socalman
12-21-2011, 10:19pm
Ya guys, I'm ok- thanks. Little stiff neck, couple burns from the air bag. He lived a few blocks up on the same major street. That early in the morning I don't know who he would be texting. LAPD doesn't do investigations or reports (only an 'incident' report, takes each others lic and insurance info), but they said he wasn't under the influence. He's lucky to walk away in that little thing.

It's a company truck, so it'll either get fixed or totaled and I'll get another work truck.

Last time I was involved with an 18 year old, it was retarded me rear ending a tow truck in my 72' Firebird. Front nose wrapped right around the tow bar so I didn't even need to call for a tow :lol:

mike100
12-21-2011, 10:26pm
Wow, and I thought I had a close call with my 91 on the drive home. A trailblazer almost got into the unobtanium ZR-1 back bumper cover when I had to try out the ABS for the honda in front of me who suddenly stopped.

You think they will total that Titan?

C4fan
12-21-2011, 10:38pm
My Dad didn't need no stinkin' cop and I still got my ticket punched.

Don't tell me,,,it was going to hurt him more than it hurt you.:beat:

socalman
12-21-2011, 10:39pm
It's an 08' w/ 60k miles, so the value is still pretty good vs. totalling. The front frame crossmember is done, but it looked like the main frame was still straight. I don't know how the insurance will look at it??

Taurus
12-21-2011, 11:08pm
Don't tell me,,,it was going to hurt him more than it hurt you.:beat:

Mine just went off.............

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/81vette4me/sarcasm-detector.jpg

PLRX
12-21-2011, 11:43pm
Ya guys, I'm ok- thanks. Little stiff neck, couple burns from the air bag. He lived a few blocks up on the same major street. That early in the morning I don't know who he would be texting. LAPD doesn't do investigations or reports (only an 'incident' report, takes each others lic and insurance info), but they said he wasn't under the influence. He's lucky to walk away in that little thing.

It's a company truck, so it'll either get fixed or totaled and I'll get another work truck.

Last time I was involved with an 18 year old, it was retarded me rear ending a tow truck in my 72' Firebird. Front nose wrapped right around the tow bar so I didn't even need to call for a tow :lol:

Dan, take some Motrin and Tylenol tonight. I hope not but, you may feel the whole thing tomorrow.

Wathen1955
12-22-2011, 2:23am
Dan, take some Motrin and Tylenol tonight. I hope not but, you may feel the whole thing tomorrow.Nah...Dan needs a naked gal giving him a massage to get all the kinks out. :D

allthrottleandsomebottle
12-22-2011, 7:15am
If they are drunk………..they tend to follow your headlights no matter where you go…….sad but true.
I have been lucky over the years to avoid over 10……….yep 10 headon’s due to wrong way drivers at all times of the clock…..some I called in to the LEOs with a good description.
I know my company vehicles/personal ones would have been f’d up if I wasn’t paying attention
You got lucky, hope the good karma stays with ya

socalman
12-22-2011, 8:00am
Dan, take some Motrin and Tylenol tonight. I hope not but, you may feel the whole thing tomorrow.

I did, thanks

Nah...Dan needs a naked gal giving him a massage to get all the kinks out. :D

I got one, thanks :lol:

If they are drunk………..they tend to follow your headlights no matter where you go…….sad but true.
I have been lucky over the years to avoid over 10……….yep 10 headon’s due to wrong way drivers at all times of the clock…..some I called in to the LEOs with a good description.
I know my company vehicles/personal ones would have been f’d up if I wasn’t paying attention
You got lucky, hope the good karma stays with ya

I could see that on a 2 lane road, but this is a 7 lane road so he must've blacked out. Came at me and never swerved or braked. I'm thanking the Karma distributor that it wasn't a Semi truck.